onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Could you recommend Port Vale to a friend?

old sage

He's clever enough to have us owing him 3 mill and counting, with the ground in his metaphorical back pocket and having done nothing constructive. And very probably sucking out the commercial moneys (see Malcolm's piece).

Do not underestimate Norman "I never lose on a deal" Smurthwaite. He's taking us to oblivion because that is the kind of person he is. Never wrong and spiteful. I feel a bit for Rob F that Smurthwaite's fan club have hijacked his otherwise fine site.

Advert

Yes..without hesitation

I already have people all over the UK (and beyond) checking the results and following our story(demise) with a keen interest so the next step would be to recommend getting along to a game or two. After that they might never go again but I'd still not hesitate to recommend they get along to a few matches.

Potential Good Signing: "Hello Mr Agent. Hope you are well. Port Vale, eh. Sounds good, on the coast somewhere?"

Agent .....

Potential Good Signing: "no, well never mind, what's the salary?"

Agent .......

Potential Good Signing: "Really? remind me what the minimum wage is these days"

Agent ........

Potential Good Signing: "Okay, but this is a well run club on the up, could be good for us long term. Who is the owner?"

Agent A ....... ... ........ ****, name of Smurthwaite.

Potential Good Signing: "Just googled Port Vale Norman Smurthwaite. Remind me, what were Canvey Island offering?"

We can all make up a fictional conversation to suit our opinion :laugh:

What player asks who the owner of a football club is?

Do you ask about the owner of the companies you have worked for?

Speak to any agent who's had to deal with Norman when he's been throwing his weight around. A good place to start would be the one that represents both Alnwick and Grant.

Good, we should stand up to agents.

Was he throwing his weight around when we signed players of that quality? (My guess is yes)

Archived