onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Could you recommend Port Vale to a friend?

old sage

Except he hasn't has he, he's simply asked a question, and then made a comparison that is completely irrelevant. I asked RB a question he still hasn't answered about how Page and past players were treated by Smurf. I'll ask you the same question. Take off your WUM hat for a second and answer honestly, do you agree that Page was treated appallingly?

People won't reveal names or sources, but anyone with any kind of connection to people involved in the game, know the impact Smurfs handling of Page and past players has had...not to mention the fact that it's bleeding obvious.

Sent from my SM-G930F using the onevalefan mobile app

No I don't agree Page was treated appallingly. It happens in all industries, he was simply managed out of the business and the bonus was we received compensation for him. Page had our pants down with abysmal football and atrocious retained lists. Personally it wouldn't have been my style to brag about it.

You say that but it's all just nonsense and an empty argument to have a dig at someone you don't like.

Advert

No I don't agree Page was treated appallingly. It happens in all industries, he was simply managed out of the business and the bonus was we received compensation for him. Page had our pants down with abysmal football and atrocious retained lists. Personally it wouldn't have been my style to brag about it.

You say that but it's all just nonsense and an empty argument to have a dig at someone you don't like.

The fact he bragged about it revealed 1. His character, he's a vindictive man of low moral esteem, and 2. His incompetence due to the lack of foresight to predict the inevitable outcome.

When you combine that to the fact he publicly told the players months in advance (at a time we were challenging for the playoffs = thick) that they would be taking 50% pay cuts, instead of simply thanking them but not offering another contract, it all effects how the club is perceived. It's all public knowledge that Smurf treats players and managers appallingly. People talk, people see with their own eyes, and ultimately decide to ply their trade elsewhere.

Anyone who fails to understand that is deluded.

Atrocious football which kept our league 1 status though....

The fact he bragged about it revealed 1. His character, he's a vindictive man of low moral esteem, and 2. His incompetence due to the lack of foresight to predict the inevitable outcome.

When you combine that to the fact he publicly told the players months in advance (at a time we were challenging for the playoffs = thick) that they would be taking 50% pay cuts, instead of simply thanking them but not offering another contract, it all effects how the club is perceived. It's all public knowledge that Smurf treats players and managers appallingly. People talk, people see with their own eyes, and ultimately decide to ply their trade elsewhere.

Anyone who fails to understand that is deluded.

It's a nonsense why do ex-Prem players join us and why do young promising players join us on loan?

Oh and we were never challenging for the play offs

Excruciating boredom.run by a regime who considers that acceptable and that you should pay through the nose for it, cold coffee and tea, hot dogs with raw onions out of date pies and pish water bottled as alcohol.Those are the good points the rest of the package is best described as abysmal.

It's a nonsense why do ex-Prem players join us and why do young promising players join us on loan?

Now you're simply lying regarding the play offs, but if that's what it takes, fine.

Ex prem players, with no club, coming to play for Brown on a short term contract. You're using them, and loan players (again short term with decent parent club's their futures are committed to) as comparisons against the calibre of players we wanted to sign permanently in Jan, but they chose not to?

Its a last chance saloon rep for some,vales reputation is at rock bottom and smurthwaite is that thick that even his fellow chairmen have noticed.:laugh:

It's crazy convenient again that we are told not to trust a word smurf said.

Yet now we take his claims of managing page out of the business as gospel. It looks to me that smurf was trying to save face by saying he planned it all along.

It's not professional and it's not nice but where's the evidence that page was actually forced out?

So it's win at all costs for you then? Football is a form of entertainment.

I suppose sarcasm is difficult to get accross using the written word. I found the football under Page more entertaining than the boring fare under Bruno and it was more entertaining seeing us compete in League 1 rather than get relegated.

Now you're simply lying regarding the play offs, but if that's what it takes, fine.

Ex prem players, with no club, coming to play for Brown on a short term contract. You're using them, and loan players (again short term with decent parent club's their futures are committed to) as comparisons against the calibre of players we wanted to sign permanently in Jan, but they chose not to?

There was no challenge for the play offs, we'd played more games so the picture was always distorted.

They chose other teams for $$$.

Of those promising young players, I believe Tyler Walker had some off field issues at Forest and obviously Stevenage didn't want to continue his loan. So maybe his options for first team football were limited.

Archived