onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why did LOADS of key players leave??

whotobeakiller

Page couldn't buy a win away from home either so we'd be going down still with two away games to go.

I really believe Bruno would have got us more points than Brown in the second half of the season.

Vale won 6 away games last season. And 7 the season before.

Advert

Page couldn't buy a win away from home either so we'd be going down still with two away games to go.

Sorry but Pages record of steady progression over his 2 seasons as manager doesn't lead me to think that we would have been facing a relegation battle this season under him.

Probably something to do with money in most cases

Football is all about 3 things,Money,players and fans.

Generally,the larger playing budget you have,the better staff and players you will be able to attract.Instrumental of course in all this is the judgement of the person who is selecting those people to represent the fans,who are the lifeblood of the club.

This is where we need to improve.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-boss-explains-low-budget-deals/story-30291115-detail/story.html

Brown said: "It was extremely tough. We tried for certain targets but unfortunately they didn't want to come to the club, and that was what we found. Some were out of reach and some chose other places."

I would think twice playing for Smurthwaite after the stunts he played last season against out of contract players and Rob Page,his reputation goes before him,and progress will be difficult whilst he is in charge.

So, with the benefit of hindsight we can say that the truth has finally come out of the wash. Loads of players f***d off with noone whom cane near the standard that they were at. I dare anyone on this forum tell me we would have been relegated had we retained the following players

O'Connor

Dodds

Alnwick

Neale

Vincent

Mark Marshall

Leitch Smith

Grant

The list goes on and on...these players all left to clubs of a similar magnitude or less than Vale. What has happened and where has this culture come from that so many decent players leave? What's behind it?

I tell you what's behind it...we have an owner whom isn't interested in Football success...just running a club for profit

The players above would have taken Vale to the Championship with the RIGHT management...we had our chance ...it wAS THROWN AWAY.

Well F*** off Smurf we have HAD it

Smurf decided to play chess and lost, he's not a very good chess player.

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-boss-explains-low-budget-deals/story-30291115-detail/story.html

Brown said: "It was extremely tough. We tried for certain targets but unfortunately they didn't want to come to the club, and that was what we found. Some were out of reach and some chose other places."

I would think twice playing for Smurthwaite after the stunts he played last season against out of contract players and Rob Page,his reputation goes before him,and progress will be difficult whilst he is in charge.

Agree 100%. There have been numerous occasions now where Smurf acts in a particular way and thinks that he's pulled off some sort of masterstroke, yet fails to foresee the longer term effect or potential backlash.

He thought (and quite a few gullible fans fell for it) that he'd worked a miracle by forcing Page out and getting money from Northampton as compo. Instead of keeping quiet about it, he then went and shouted it from the rooftops, look at me and how amazing I am. Thick. The impact was that any decent experienced Manager out there wouldn't want to work for someone that could pull a trick like that. You can imagine his face when the penny dropped.

He forced out seasoned decent pro's in a manner that showed a complete lack of respect. As others have said, show them a bit of respect and say thanks but we won't be offering you a contract next season. Footballers get that. It happens. Having a contract put in front of you that basically says, bugger off or your pay will be slashed by 50%, is just downright disgraceful. Pathetic way to treat people. Predictably, players then talk. Vale's reputation now must be completely ruined by Smurf. It's not rocket science, yet he's so incompetent that the thought simply doesn't cross his mind.

Then there was the whole JFH issue. He thought that people would think well of him when he came out with the statement, "Can you imagine the poor bloke getting abuse, along with the normal abuse if results were going against him?". Then yet again, it was extremely easy to predict the media outcry. He's that thick that he didn't realise he'd basically just admitted to not appointing someone because of their race. Again, imagine his face when the penny dropped.

This is the man running our club, and demonstrates time and time again the clear lack of intelligence he possesses.

Agree 100%. There have been numerous occasions now where Smurf acts in a particular way and thinks that he's pulled off some sort of masterstroke, yet fails to foresee the longer term effect or potential backlash.

He thought (and quite a few gullible fans fell for it) that he'd worked a miracle by forcing Page out and getting money from Northampton as compo. Instead of keeping quiet about it, he then went and shouted it from the rooftops, look at me and how amazing I am. Thick. The impact was that any decent experienced Manager out there wouldn't want to work for someone that could pull a trick like that. You can imagine his face when the penny dropped.

He forced out seasoned decent pro's in a manner that showed a complete lack of respect. As others have said, show them a bit of respect and say thanks but we won't be offering you a contract next season. Footballers get that. It happens. Having a contract put in front of you that basically says, bugger off or your pay will be slashed by 50%, is just downright disgraceful. Pathetic way to treat people. Predictably, players then talk. Vale's reputation now must be completely ruined by Smurf. It's not rocket science, yet he's so incompetent that the thought simply doesn't cross his mind.

Then there was the whole JFH issue. He thought that people would think well of him when he came out with the statement, "Can you imagine the poor bloke getting abuse, along with the normal abuse if results were going against him?". Then yet again, it was extremely easy to predict the media outcry. He's that thick that he didn't realise he'd basically just admitted to not appointing someone because of their race. Again, imagine his face when the penny dropped.

This is the man running our club, and demonstrates time and time again the clear lack of intelligence he possesses.

Sums up the situation very well, and yet it frustrates the hell out of me when the Smurthwaite apologists cant see it.

So, with the benefit of hindsight we can say that the truth has finally come out of the wash. Loads of players f***d off with noone whom cane near the standard that they were at. I dare anyone on this forum tell me we would have been relegated had we retained the following players

O'Connor

Dodds

Alnwick

Neale

Vincent

Mark Marshall

Leitch Smith

Grant

The list goes on and on...these players all left to clubs of a similar magnitude or less than Vale. What has happened and where has this culture come from that so many decent players leave? What's behind it?

I tell you what's behind it...we have an owner whom isn't interested in Football success...just running a club for profit

The players above would have taken Vale to the Championship with the RIGHT management...we had our chance ...it wAS THROWN AWAY.

Well F*** off Smurf we have HAD it

Because smurf made the mistake of listening to the many people demanding wholesale changes to a mid table team.

Because smurf made the mistake of listening to the many people demanding wholesale changes to a mid table team.

Not from me. Common sense showed Page delivered steady if unspectacular progression. Exactly what we needed but not quick enough to give Smurf the return on his investment that he so craved. Backfired, massively.

Sent from my SM-G930F using the onevalefan mobile app

I seem to recall lots of complaints on here that we were only having ex Crewe players a couple of seasons ago and now we have posters complaining that those players are no longer here..the old phrase "be careful what you wish for"springs to mind.

Archived