onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why did LOADS of key players leave??

whotobeakiller

So, with the benefit of hindsight we can say that the truth has finally come out of the wash. Loads of players f***d off with noone whom cane near the standard that they were at. I dare anyone on this forum tell me we would have been relegated had we retained the following players

O'Connor

Dodds

Alnwick

Neale

Vincent

Mark Marshall

Leitch Smith

Grant

The list goes on and on...these players all left to clubs of a similar magnitude or less than Vale. What has happened and where has this culture come from that so many decent players leave? What's behind it?

I tell you what's behind it...we have an owner whom isn't interested in Football success...just running a club for profit

The players above would have taken Vale to the Championship with the RIGHT management...we had our chance ...it wAS THROWN AWAY.

Well F*** off Smurf we have HAD it

Advert

Probably something to do with money in most cases

Money and the ability to interfere with the football side of the business and ego, Smurthwaite admitted he couldn't get anywhere the football side when Adams was in charge, rookie managers and Brown in particular will dance to the fat controllers tune.

Hence seasoned pro's were forced out and the social experiment rolled out, this seasons relegation is very hard to stomach especially when you consider it is all self inflicted and could so easily have been avoided.

Ashley Vincent? That is going back a fair bit. Surprised you didn't include Pope in that list. Bury is hardly a step up.

To be fair though, McGivern and Duffy would of played every week in this team. This is arguably one of the worst squads Port Vale have had since I started going in the early 90s. We are in the very strange predicament of having to build a new squad from scratch next season. Don't balls it up again.

Some would leave as wanted to go but some of the players mentioned and others we could have kept had we offered better or longer contracts or had a good solid plan to move the club forward. The biggest gripe is that we have replaced them with players who are far far worse and god knows what we are going to attract next season in division 2.

Some would leave as wanted to go but some of the players mentioned and others we could have kept had we offered better or longer contracts or had a good solid plan to move the club forward. The biggest gripe is that we have replaced them with players who are far far worse and god knows what we are going to attract next season in division 2.

According to Birchall the new players were on more money than those forced out.

What will we have to pay good players now to come to the Vale with its reputation in tatters?

With our reputation in tatters with the football world,I don't have a clue, footballers talk amongst themselves I daren't guess what they say about our club.

We all know why the Chairman did what he did. I'm sure he genuinely thought he'd backed a winner with Bruno and his continental style of play, supported by 3-4 of Jose's MU reserves. It was going to take the league by storm and revolutionise Port Vale.

He fell out with Page at Exeter and from then on the writing was on the wall and for many of the players.

The trouble was that Norman did not understand league one football and didn't do his homework properly. I'm fairly sure it was the phone call from Jose that did it. But we all knew what a terrible record Bruno had, despite being a nice bloke. And it was always going to be a huge huge gamble.

That costly mistake has seriously hit the Club in the privates and put us back to where we were before Norman took over. Except this time it's worse as we don't have many decent players and no goalscorers at all.

If we are not very careful we could be on a slippery slope to Torquay, Wrexham or Stockport.

The choice of the next manager and the players he subsequently recruits will make or break Port Vale.

We all know why the Chairman did what he did. I'm sure he genuinely thought he'd backed a winner with Bruno and his continental style of play, supported by 3-4 of Jose's MU reserves.

He genuinely thought he'd stumbled onto a money making scheme signing European 17 year olds on the recommendation of a "world famous expert football scout" who is also a fabric and soft drink wholesaler who lives in an apartment in greater Manchester, the thick ******* Cnut.

Archived