onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why did LOADS of key players leave??

whotobeakiller

Pope wasn't worth 'double his money deal'.

I'd be interested to read more about turning Marshall down as I can't remember this but it would have been a very, very poor decision.

For all the crap smurf bought in , he could have afforded Popeys wages, might still have been in lge 1 as well .

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

Advert

No-one knows what goes on in player negotiations but you do need to pay the going rate and push the boat out to keep your key players.

We had a squad littered with goal-scorers when we got promoted. Myrie-Williams, Pope, Hughes, Vincent, Dodds. Shortly afterwards, Hugill and even Ben Williamson was better than what we've currently got. It was criminal to lose all these players.

Dodds was the key loss from last year. If he'd stayed we'd have kept up. But he went because he'd seen what was happening at the Club and how badly his team-mates had been treated by NS. Once the squad had been decimated and pilloried in public then he was off, despite his affection for the Club.

All of it boils down to the crass stupidity of one man.

When a national league team can offer u more to play for them than us Hastings i believe DUFFY the player in question then u have problems .

The so called dead wood or not deemed good enough would have kept us up but storming wanted a clear out probably listened to supporters who werent happy with the players performances at times .

He rolled the dice and even if we win the last two games this season has being awful .

U get what u pay for .

The players this season whatever they on have to question whether there efforts have deserved the pay they have got .

Ill leave that with the fans who probablyhave to work there socks off daily just to keep afloat to decide if it was there company and these players or people represented u deserve to be kept on ,sacked or removed from the club altogether.

Dodds ,Duffy ,Birchall ,and the rest who have departed at least they left knowing there efforts did not relegate us .

For years we have finished season after season disgracefully sending more folk into there summer breaks with certainly not the excitement of renewing there over priced season tickets .

Ive had one last 2 seasons but i want c two wins last 2 games ,im demanding it as i want a reason to renew .

149 pounds season ticket day should be already be all over the internet ,then the price goes back up to what did i pay 365 quid .

Smurfs penny pinching has relegated us but still the playersbrought in r paid well compared to us .

The imminent relegation is in my opinion down to them ,no excuses no ones going remember your names players .

Utv

I always find the comments of Chris Birchall interesting. I think he genuinely cares about the club and we treated him like absolute dirt (the proper thing to do if we didn't want to keep him was to simply say 'thank you' but not offer him a contract).

You'd hear the same comments from every player who's left.

For all the crap smurf bought in , he could have afforded Popeys wages, might still have been in lge 1 as well .

Sent from my LG-H340n using the onevalefan mobile app

Players were pi55ed off by what Pope was on.He was offered a contract and turned it down.Vale cannot afford to pay stupid wages to someone whose legs have gone.Neither can Bury who tried to offload him last summer one year into his three year contract.8 league goals in 2 seasons tells you all you need to know.Before his dad comes on spouting about assists and being played out of position it is worth noting that Ryan Taylor has more goals and assists this season.

I see REP is back talking rubbish again after a short period of talking sense.

Come on REP even you can't argue that the players that he is responsible for bringing in are far worse than we already had and as for pouring money into the club well more like pouring it down the drain because no one can say he has 'pumped in millions' in a sensible way.

Ay up Mr Pope senior! ;)

He is not responsible for bringing in players in the main, he is responsible for bringing in three crap managers, that can't be argued.

Ay up Mr Pope senior! ;)

He is not responsible for bringing in players in the main, he is responsible for bringing in three crap managers, that can't be argued.

You'd really put Bruno and Page in the same bracket as "crap"?

I'd give anything for Page-crap right now.

People are missing the point about Pope's wages.

Whether he was worth the money is one thing. We still needed to employ a League One standard striker and pay him the market rate regardless. We chose not to do that.

You're right. I was happy to let Pope go at the wages he was on, given his injury history and future projection (14 goals in two seasons, it was the right thing to let him go for the money to Bury). However we HAD to replace him with someone who was going to come in and play at the same level we'd had for the previous few seasons.

We didn't do that, and we're paying the price now. Add it to the list of ridiculous 'football' decisions we've made in the last few seasons. It's a depressing list to look at.

So, with the benefit of hindsight we can say that the truth has finally come out of the wash. Loads of players f***d off with noone whom cane near the standard that they were at. I dare anyone on this forum tell me we would have been relegated had we retained the following players

O'Connor

Dodds

Alnwick

Neale

Vincent

Mark Marshall

Leitch Smith

Grant

The list goes on and on...these players all left to clubs of a similar magnitude or less than Vale. What has happened and where has this culture come from that so many decent players leave? What's behind it?

I tell you what's behind it...we have an owner whom isn't interested in Football success...just running a club for profit

The players above would have taken Vale to the Championship with the RIGHT management...we had our chance ...it wAS THROWN AWAY.

Well F*** off Smurf we have HAD it

A core squad of those players right now would be top 6 in league one.

Ashley Vincent was a strange one. Should have been much better. Also include JMW.

You'd really put Bruno and Page in the same bracket as "crap"?

I'd give anything for Page-crap right now.

Page couldn't buy a win away from home either so we'd be going down still with two away games to go.

I really believe Bruno would have got us more points than Brown in the second half of the season.

Archived