onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mehmet.

SourceOfTheTrent

Advert

Well it seems some on here act as though he is one. He's just a man who owns a football club that has tried to make a success of things.

I think some people forget that football is a sport, a hobby not our lives.

Sometimes it is all people have to look forward to. It is our lives as we have supported the club for many years, through thick and thin. I remember walking in Burslem as a kid and getting stopped by a group. They would ask black or red. In that moment you had a choice and hoped the answer was correct - if not it was a thumping.

My family supported sjoke and I supported Vale. Monday mornings at school or work was either taking the micky out of the deck chair brigade or keeping out of the way of them.

It just shows how much you don't know about the fans who support Vale and you just take it for granted we will spend money watching a very poor team. When they decide to not spend their very hard earned money on going to the Vale, they get slagged off by the chairman. A lot of the fans don't have the money to waste on the luxury of watching a team loose.

It is never an easy decision - do we (myself and daughter) travel 3hrs each and spend £70+ watching Vale, food and other bits and bobs, or do I spend that money on the kids. Sorry but the kids win at the moment and will do until a decent side is put together. This is very sad state to get into and others have probably made the same decision. It hurts not watching Vale live and enjoying the atmosphere. My daughter would say it was our time and the atmosphere, travelling was great - but not now.

If you think he's failed so far who's to say he will fail in the future. Give him a chance for goodness sake.

Who's to say he will succeed in the future? 4 years in charge is enough of a chance for me, & by this weekend we'll almost certainly be back in the same league we started with him in, with a worse squad than before (or half of one), in more debt than before, & no proper manager. Unless there is a massive change in ST price too, we'll also have a smaller fanbase.

He has shown no evidence of being the one to be able to take us forward, & all the evidence is there to suggest he will continue to take us backwards. If you can provide some proper content to convince us he should carry on & will be the man to turn things around, rather than one liners which do nothing but infuriate people, I'd like to hear it.

He had the keeper at Bury (Williams)?sitting in the office on deadline day and then screwed him on his contract offer.

Where theres a will theres a way.

I believe the issue here was not money but was actually Grant turning down a deal to go there in a player exchange.

You still think Kiko is a better player than Dicko?

Absolutely, all Dicko did was stand around and point. Him fist-pumping to the crowd didn't win me over.

Kiko is a decent left back in 3 - 5 - 2, a system we should have been playing since the beginning of the season.

Unfortunately the people in charge of the club didn't have the foresight to plan for Alnwick's departure. We signed a contract containing a release clause which stated he could go for 225k, so from the minute he signed we should've been planning for his departure, especially after his outstanding performances before Christmas.

But, in typical NS/Vale style, we've ended up panic-signing 2 unwanted young keepers from the depths of Scottish football, who are nowhere near good enough. Another lesson in how not to run a football club from our amazing owner and leader.

The biggest problem with Jak, from a PV point of view, is that some idiot put a 250k clause on his contract. Rather than a 2.5 mill. clause. I wish him all the best. Not yet the complete keeper but there are not so many of the around.

Warming the bench at Rangers not doing him much good. But 100% good luck to the bloke. Did a good job for us.

[edit sorry JJ, repeated a few of your comments]

I suspect strongly that the main reason why we struggled to sign players in January, despite Brown's standing in the game, was the way Page and 80% of the playing staff got treated by the Chairman last summer. Word on the streets, the football grapevine, would have been you don't want to go to Port Vale, as there's a loose cannon at the top who doesn't treat his staff with much dignity, let alone pay them a good wage.

I imagine that Brown, in his inexperience, thought that he could get players to come here easily but suddenly discovered that with 24 hours left and no Grant, Alnwick or Jones, it was a completely impossible task. Hence, he had search desperately around and instead of proven quality ended up with unfit, old pros without a club (Taylor, Eagles, etc.) or untried youngsters on loan (Walker, Guy, Fasan, Shadipo).

As many have already said, it's criminal negligence that a year ago we had Neal and Alnwick and now we have no-one competent at all.

From what I've seen Boot is as good as any of them.

We should have at least offered Neal a 1-year contract and sent him on loan till Christmas with Booty on the bench.

Then should Jak have been sold we would have been able to have him back for the second part of the season. If Jak wasn't sold someone could pay his wages for the other half of the season and nothing lost.

We should have at least offered Neal a 1-year contract and sent him on loan till Christmas with Booty on the bench.

Then should Jak have been sold we would have been able to have him back for the second part of the season. If Jak wasn't sold someone could pay his wages for the other half of the season and nothing lost.

My issue with Boot and this isn't meant as a slight on the lad at all.

Is that he is not an up and coming 18 year old he is 22 knocking 23 in 6 months.

Only 6 months younger than Alnwick, yet firstly Page, then Bruno and lately Brown have not really rated or trusted him with the gloves, to be fair Page had 2 quality keepers so he was never likely to get a sniff.

But we keep giving Ryan contracts and extensions yet his Vale career is going nowhere.

This is incredibly harsh, if he is not considered up to the job he needs to be off the wage bill.

However he ought to be given a chance, his debut versus Bury saw him jettisoned right away, and what for ? Fasan and Mehmet !!!

My issue with Boot and this isn't meant as a slight on the lad at all.

Is that he is not an up and coming 18 year old he is 22 knocking 23 in 6 months.

Only 6 months younger than Alnwick, yet firstly Page, then Bruno and lately Brown have not really rated or trusted him with the gloves, to be fair Page had 2 quality keepers so he was never likely to get a sniff.

But we keep giving Ryan contracts and extensions yet his Vale career is going nowhere.

This is incredibly harsh, if he is not considered up to the job he needs to be off the wage bill.

However he ought to be given a chance, his debut versus Bury saw him jettisoned right away, and what for ? Fasan and Mehmet !!!

Whilst I agree and would not offer him an extension on his latest contract I do feel he would have been fine to deputise for Alnwick this season with Neal out on loan till Christmas. All in the past now.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived