onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Mehmet.

SourceOfTheTrent

Absolutely, all Dicko did was stand around and point. Him fist-pumping to the crowd didn't win me over.

Kiko is a decent left back in 3 - 5 - 2, a system we should have been playing since the beginning of the season.

Emile, Kiko's recent laughable and at times comical defensive displays have shown him to be the worst left back I've ever seen at PVFC, just look at the highlights from the Sheff Utd game he didn't know where he was. In a 3-5-2 systen he would still have defensive duties and hence would still be a total liability, his attacking skills and his crossing are only everage. Teams have targeted Port Vale's left hand side this season because of the weaness of the left back.

Players generally point to the space they're going to run into so the ball can be played there, Dicko being a full back who liked to get forward did this all the time. Also being the captain and leader on the pitch it would be expected of him to communicate with other players and drive the team on. Dicko scored 3 goals in 50 appearances for PVFC, Kiko's made 26 appearances, he's not fit half the time.

Your continued denegration of last seasons squad compared to this seasons Bruno inspired relegation bound team is totally nonsensical.

Advert

Paul,

I can name off the top of my head 4 much worse left backs since I have been watching Port Vale. Kiko is playing out of position and short of any confidence. With the right guidance I believe there to be a player in there.

As for right backs, Purkiss is a hell of a lot worse this season than Kiko.

Dicko was pointing when the ball had gone in the net, abstaining responsibility. He was a poor captain (Duffy did most of the organising) and his defending was woeful. He was targeted on a regular basis the last two seasons for being totally out of position and woeful on the ball. Have a look at the Notts County forums as to how much they rate him.

For the record. I posted at the end of last season I would like to release the following players;

McGivern

Birchall

Johnson

Yates

Loyld

Moore

Robinson

Campion

and I would have offered contracts to everyone else.

Paul,

I can name off the top of my head 4 much worse left backs since I have been watching Port Vale. Kiko is playing out of position and short of any confidence. With the right guidance I believe there to be a player in there.

As for right backs, Purkiss is a hell of a lot worse this season than Kiko.

Dicko was pointing when the ball had gone in the net, abstaining responsibility. He was a poor captain (Duffy did most of the organising) and his defending was woeful. He was targeted on a regular basis the last two seasons for being totally out of position and woeful on the ball. Have a look at the Notts County forums as to how much they rate him.

When Dicko and Mark marshall played down the left for Vale much of Vale's play went down the left. Dicko's played 37 times for Notts so the powers that be rate him.

Kiko was signed as a left back, he's not skilful enough and hasn't got the engine to play wide left or as a wing back, he's short of confidence 'cause quite frankly defensively he isn't upto Lge 1 standard and he knows it.

Who are those 4 left backs worse than Kiko.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Very occasionally Kiko has shown himself to have a decent left foot but he can't defend for toffee and his defensive display against SU was appalling. He even stuck 3 crosses behind the goal. He doesn't get close enough to his man and ball watches all the time.

It's been hard to watch as we all thought that him and Tavares would be our star players this year but they've been hugely disappointing.

Dicko was twice as good as he is. You don't get to play at Championship level or become a club's captain if you haven't got any ability.

But, back on thread, one of our priorities has to be a good 'keeper in the summer. They are worth 8-10 points a season and vastly underrated.

When Dicko and Mark marshall played down the left for Vale much of Vale's play went down the left. Dicko's played 37 times for Notts so the powers that be rate him.

Kiko was signed as a left back, he's not skilful enough and hasn't got the engine to play wide left or as a wing back, he's short of confidence 'cause quite frankly defensively he isn't upto Lge 1 standard and he knows it.

Who are those 4 left backs worse than Kiko.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

When Marshall played on the right most of Vales play wen't down the right. That season all our play went through Marshall. He was also more sucessful on the right than the left. I sit in the Lorne Street and distinctly remember most of his runs being on the other side of the pitch or right in front of me when attacking the bycars.

Colin Miles, Ryan Brown and Tanser stand out off the top of my head. Thats before I go back through the squads of previous years.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, its you who keeps bringing it up.

Think some people are been far too harsh. He's only had a handful of games and is playing in our country for the first time. And also at the age of 24 he still has lots to learn. Not saying he's going to become a good keeper or anything, but he's just joined a dog **** side too that is used to losing which certainly never helps either. At least give the bloke proper time to settle before calling him this and that for ***** sake.

Think some people are been far too harsh. He's only had a handful of games and is playing in our country for the first time. And also at the age of 24 he still has lots to learn. Not saying he's going to become a good keeper or anything, but he's just joined a dog **** side too that is used to losing which certainly never helps either. At least give the bloke proper time to settle before calling him this and that for ***** sake.

I was willing to give him a chance but he is lacking in several fundamental aspects of being a GK.

I am yet to see him claim a cross. His handling, as displayed at Oxford, is suspect. He could be considered poor on Bolton's 2nd on Saturday. He was poor for Sheffield's 1st I think.

It isn't his fault, we've got nothing else. But if we'd had a competent keeper the 2nd half of the season, we might have got points at Northampton and Oxford and 2 or 3 points could have kept us up.

Beechy look him up on Wiki, he has a good pedigree in this country, Manchester United, Arsenal, Charlton, West Ham. He is most definitely not playing in our country for the first time! He was born in Enfield and qualifies for Turkey through his family. I am sure he probably speaks with a Cockney accent as well.

I wonder what Ryan Boot has done wrong!

When Marshall played on the right most of Vales play wen't down the right. That season all our play went through Marshall. He was also more sucessful on the right than the left. I sit in the Lorne Street and distinctly remember most of his runs being on the other side of the pitch or right in front of me when attacking the bycars.

Colin Miles, Ryan Brown and Tanser stand out off the top of my head. Thats before I go back through the squads of previous years.

I'm happy to agree to disagree, its you who keeps bringing it up.

Don't agree with any of the above. Tanzer was partly responsible for Bolton's 2nd goal on Sat. but Kiko was responsible for all 3 Sheff Utd's goals in comical fashion the revious home game. As a former Vale pro said, I'd like to see Kiko play wing back in a 3-5-2, but for a different club, says it all.

On the contrary you continue to raise the "squad issue" on different threads but I see you're beyond redemption.

If you think he's failed so far who's to say he will fail in the future. Give him a chance for goodness sake.

The man is an absolute clown.He threatened to cut the wages by half to Pages squad. That makes him a real motivator.He was told quality not quantity. So he mak s an absolute hash of bringing in a rubbish manager and cheap players he hoped to sell on for a fortune.

We have listened to his bulls*it for 4 years and he has taken us to a worse place than he started and tried to saddle us with his loans.I can't believe he has added the money he bought the club with as a loan from another of his companies.

Why he can't take the hint that he isn't wanted and stopped decent players from signing because they don't want to play for a club with an idiot as the owner.I felt he could take us to bigger and better place but now have no faith that he won't make things worse.

...I am yet to see him claim a cross. His handling, as displayed at Oxford, is suspect...QUOTE]

If you'd added "can't kick" to those failings, you'd have described Mussy...who was also a decent penalty saver!

You are getting more like your mate every post - what is the point of slagging off players who might still play in our biggest game for years ?

They need their confidence boosting, and even though it is likely Fasan will start after a superb game at Walsall, nothing is certain - Mehmet might have to come on after an injury of whatever.

Certainly not the right time to scapegoat - you'll maybe have your chance after Sunday and no doubt enjoy it, but for now, give it a rest eh ?

Beechy look him up on Wiki, he has a good pedigree in this country, Manchester United, Arsenal, Charlton, West Ham. He is most definitely not playing in our country for the first time! He was born in Enfield and qualifies for Turkey through his family. I am sure he probably speaks with a Cockney accent as well.

I wonder what Ryan Boot has done wrong!

Fair play, but he never played any first team games for any of those clubs, and he was obviously still a teenager at most if not all of them. From what I've seen he doesn't seem to be the answer going into next season, but considering he came into a poor teams desperately fighting relegation I think he deserves a few more games to show what he can or can't do personally before he's completely written off.

Archived