onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Sorry to say it but I really can't see us picking up a single point on our travels in the remaining games. Our away performances are mostly woeful. Hope I'm wrong but something is dreadfully wrong with the mindset when we play away.

Of course, this means our remaining home matches are so so important but having seen both Sheffield and Bolton they are light years better than us.

Hoping for miracles!

Bruno's style of play was ball retention as is Chelsea,Liverpool,Man Utd,City.We have no defined set up now.It doesn't help if Browny has to change personnel on a continual basis plus bent referees and liners.Chris Eagles will keep us up.

Bruno's style of play was ball retention as is Chelsea,Liverpool,Man Utd,City.We have no defined set up now.It doesn't help if Browny has to change personnel on a continual basis plus bent referees and liners.Chris Eagles will keep us up.

You're not really comparing our woeful Bruno side to those premier league giants are you??

We were outnumbered on the counter attack.

Reg had tried an improvised overhead kick which went over the bar. Their fans behind the goal chucked it back to their keeper who put the ball down in the 6 yard box and pinged it long down the pitch while most of our players were still in the opposition half.

Was only a fraction off being a moving ball too as the keeper rolled it out and kicked it in one movement, but the ref wouldn't of been looking based on his other 89 minutes performance.

I think he means the tactics. Bruno and Brown to an extent are perhaps trying to employ a style of football that is more suited to players with greater ability. I said it during Bruno's tenure we simply aren't good enough 95% of the time to play ball retention(as a lot of teams in lower league football wouldn't be).

You still have to rough it out and mix it up a bit in the lower leagues which is I guess why we had success under Micky Adams, coupled with the fact the players were a lot fitter as he was big on fitness.

Okay then, where will we pick up points after Chesterfield?

Sheff Utd home

Oxford away

Bolton home

Walsall away

Fleetwood away

You've got to say that getting 1 point from that lot would be a surprise.

It's difficult to see where we'd get 3 points. The only thing is that games can change with sendings off, dodgy decisions, flukey goals etc. Vale are certainly not going to dominate any of those teams and win without any luck being involved.

The jubilant feeling after the Wimbledon game reminds me how i felt after the 3-3 with Leeds which was in our last relegation season i believe.

Disgusting performance.

Do Hooper and Taylor genuinely think they are doing enough? They don't give a ****. Hooper is a ******* embarrassment. Stealing a wage.

A lot were getting on Reg's back last night, but at least he shows some desire and fight for the cause. He's not gifted technically but he at least tries. Hooper is ******* **** and does **** all.

I left at half time. I had seen enough. We weren't going to get back in to that and although it was only a pound, I had wasted enough of my time.

We go down to 10 men, which is **** and not ideal, but every one still on the pitch needs to react in a positive way to that. It appeared everyone just give up, we went deeper and deeper and got what we deserved.

They had Calvin ******* Andrew at ******* left back for **** sake - and we lost 3-0. One shot in the first half, which then lead to their first goal. Its just not good enough. Zero quality. If we don't go down it will be a miracle and will just highlight how ******* **** this league really is.

Up until the point where we lost the ball cheaply.

Usually in our own half as a result of ****ing about.

Followed up by the opposition having at least 20 shots on goal during a game, of which about 5 or 6 were clear cut chances that Alnwick dug us out of. How on earth we amassed so many points August-October is unfathomable when you think about it.

Why we keep leaving pugh at the back is beyond me anyway, this isnt the first time hes been caught short in defence, against bradford he needlessly gave the ball away with a cross field pass to their left back (none of our players within 20 yards of him!) the full back played it to their centre mid who fed their forward and pugh clumsily ran straight into him, he only got a yellow that day but i thought A) he was last man and B) he meant the foul as there is no chance he would have caught the attacker as pughs legs have gone.

Pugh wasn't the last man back, it was Purkiss. The simple fact is that their player who broke in support was quicker than Pugh.

I think its open to debate whether it was a red card or not. Hes slid in for the ball and looks close to it. Red cards are only given to the last man if it was a deliberate act like handball or pulling back or a blatant hack. If it looks like an honest attempt to play the ball (which I think Pughs looks like) then its a yellow card only. Obviously this is open to the interpretation of the referee.

Disgusting performance.

Do Hooper and Taylor genuinely think they are doing enough? They don't give a ****. Hooper is a ******* embarrassment. Stealing a wage.

A lot were getting on Reg's back last night, but at least he shows some desire and fight for the cause. He's not gifted technically but he at least tries. Hooper is ******* **** and does **** all.

I left at half time. I had seen enough. We weren't going to get back in to that and although it was only a pound, I had wasted enough of my time.

We go down to 10 men, which is **** and not ideal, but every one still on the pitch needs to react in a positive way to that. It appeared everyone just give up, we went deeper and deeper and got what we deserved.

They had Calvin ******* Andrew at ******* left back for **** sake - and we lost 3-0. One shot in the first half, which then lead to their first goal. Its just not good enough. Zero quality. If we don't go down it will be a miracle and will just highlight how ******* **** this league really is.

Sitting on the fence again, Wal?

Archived