onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

Escape Tunnel now in sight again, with more than a glimmer at the end of it, on the basis of a more lively performance, 3 points, and results elsewhere. Careful management of all our players fitness/stamina/skill will be necessary to ensure optimum contribution in the games where our best chances of points are. Improved organization of the defence by Bikey has resulted in clean sheets, hopefully the greater mobility in the attack provided by Reggie will produce more goals. Going for a draw, but of course a win would be great.

What a load of bullocks this statement was given the reality of yet another giant leap towards league two, The fixtures to come with the exception of perhaps chesterfield are a one way ticket to relegation !

Jean, the flag across the chest isn't used any more. If you flag for a free kick to the attacking team (right arm out) but run towards the corner, thats a penalty. If you flag but run away from the corner, that's a free kick.

On the video posted on here, the linesman clearly flags for the penno . It was the ineptitude of the ref that caused the delay .

Amazing how being at the game we see things differently.

For me it was a red, the penno does look a penno . I would certainly be shouting for those decisions if the boot was on the other foot .

Jean, the flag across the chest isn't used any more. If you flag for a free kick to the attacking team (right arm out) but run towards the corner, thats a penalty. If you flag but run away from the corner, that's a free kick.

Cheers, Twitters. Thanks for the clarification.

On the video posted on here, the linesman clearly flags for the penno . It was the ineptitude of the ref that caused the delay .

Amazing how being at the game we see things differently.

For me it was a red, the penno does look a penno . I would certainly be shouting for those decisions if the boot was on the other foot .

The ref clearly waved away the pen - which no one appealed for if I remember rightly - and was standing about 15 yards away with a clear view of the incident. Can you tell me what the pen was for because I haven't got a clue.

Rochdale were the better team but the ref did not cover himself in glory last night.

Have to say that Rochdale are a very good attacking side and play very nice football in and around the box....

They were quite impressive and certainly played some nice stuff. That's twice (both on Tuesdays!) Mehmet has been done by long range efforts. There's no way Alnwick would have let those in.

The ref clearly waved away the pen - which no one appealed for if I remember rightly - and was standing about 15 yards away with a clear view of the incident. Can you tell me what the pen was for because I haven't got a clue.

Rochdale were the better team but the ref did not cover himself in glory last night.

Yes the ref waved it away , the pen was for a ' foul' by De Freitas

Once again, we take one step forward but two steps back. It's a real shame that this team is clueless away from home. The performance was awful. In the first 20 mins we were actually playing well and possibly the better side. Then we had the corner which for some stupid reason led to our sending off. Leaving one man back from a corner is poor. Pugh should have let the player have the shot, if they'd have scored it would have been 1-0 with 11 men. The sending off led to Foley dropping into the middle meaning their number 10 had all the time in the world to get the ball from the back and play it out and we couldn't control him, this was something which Foley was restricting in the first 20mins. This killed us, we had to get every man behind the ball and it was a uphill task from there really. The last 60 minutes was a disaster, they targeted Knops/Kiko and Hooper/De Freitas and it worked especially in the first half. They were playing in and around our box and we simply just could deal with it. Second goal was brilliant. Penalty decision was a disgrace, the ref waved it away but the linesman flagged and the ref bottled it and gave it. Game over after that.

The lack of fight, the lack of passion was evident. Pathetic.

However, I must give credit to Andre Bikey. This man was the only one who showed passion and fight. I really do believe he could be the real factor in us staying up.

Finally, best of luck to Knops. He's been one of the best Bruno signings and has really been solid all season, it's such a shame to see an injury like that to him.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

I agree. I've not seen the red card again yet, but once he gave the free kick then Pugh was off. It was a clumsy challenge but looked like he got the ball. We fell apart after that in the 1st half. We had numerous opportunities to block the 1st goal and failed, the 2nd was poor because of the closing down by Kiko and maybe Hooper(I didn't mind we stopped closing down 40 yards out from goal, but anything inside that we should have been on them straight away). The penalty I didn't see well, but the ref had a better view than the linesman and was closer. He has to trust his judgment there, it was poor he went over to the linesman.

The 2nd half was a better show but the game was already gone by then. I have to say some of players looked knackered after 30 minutes. I was surprised Brown did not make any changes to the side after Saturday when we have clearly shown issues in putting 2 results together in a row in quick succession.

Sad to see Knops go down like that, it looked awful. I hope he recovers fully;.

Expected a poor performance and predicted a 3 nil loss, was never in doubt. One things for sure, we're gonna have to beat either Sheff U or Bolton to stay up.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Archived