onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

Didn't have a great view but I felt the player who Pugh fouled made his run a bit too early and was maybe just a bit offside. Don't know if the video will show anything either way.

Other than that, just another standard Vale away performance. It's been one long parade of **** on the road.

Advert

Well to be fair Vale were well in it till the sending off. The chip over the keeper I thought the keeper should have got it. The penalty was a joke waved away by the ref Vale were breaking away and he stopped the game and gave the penalty. I know people will say he's the next scapegoat but I'm sorry Jj Hooper looked like he had no interest in playing left wind he ambled around and his body language was awful. Strangely when he was put up top after Reggie went off he was half interested. We have other wingers why the hell is some disinterested player playing that position Chris Eagles ran his socks given his age JJ you need to hang your head in shame.

Agree about the ref. I thought Pugh got a touch on the ball for the red but it was hard to see if he took the man first. The question, of course, isn't whether Pugh was last man but whether the attacker had control of the ball and a clear goal scoring opportunity. The problem was we had one of the most card happy refs in the league - I think that was his 5th red card in 8 games.

The penalty was bizarre. No one appealed for it and the ref, who was looking straight at it clearly waved it away. The liner, who was effectively behind the incident, started waving his flag like a lunatic but didn't do the flag across the chest signal. Vale were coming away with the ball when the ref clearly had something from the liner in his ear and gave the pen. No one in the ground had any idea what it was for. Some of you may remember the one we had given against us there last season when Dicko made a great tackle, took the ball cleanly and the ref gave a pen.

The ref wasn't the reaso we lost but, Jesus, he didn't help!

By the way, Pugh will be suspended for one game, not three which someone said earlier.

Terrible ref , terrible game, terrible night.

As much as the ref was of a very poor standard Rochdale were sharper,faster,stronger had more movement better control and new what their jobs were and felt it was only a matter of time before they scored. Their midfield could pick the ball up at will and drive to our box unchallenged ,once we were down to 10 men i was hoping we would go 3 up top and launch it as every ball cleared was just coming straight back anyway as we defended the 6 yard line and gave them time to pick their spot (3rd chipped in goal especially).

Would be interesting to see what Rochdales player budget is as they have some real quality especially up front.

Think next game go 3 - 1 -4 -2 formation and flood the midfield with players that can win the ball and run the same as Rochdale who didnt give us any time where we gave them too much.

Two to three months ago everyone was saying the opposite about Tavares - why was he in the team.

I wasnt. May have been the only one as admittedly he wasn't great but I do think he could offer something. The lads playing there at the minute offer much less and that's not saying much.

Two questions. Why has Tavares not been given a chance in the past 2/3 months? Why do we insist on playing Hooper out wide?

Brown dosent rate him and he's wasn't great but I do think he deserve a chance.

Re hooper, no idea, one of the reasons he left to go on loan was because he wanted to play up top, he's an ok forward but a very poor winger.

it's a clear red if he didn't win the ball. i thought he did but i've only seen it the once, live. a replay may well show that he was nowhere near the ball and the ref got it right

From my view in the ground he played the ball i was on my feet clapping the tackle as we're others around me

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Archived