onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Rochdale v Port Vale

Fosse69

I see we are eighth in the current form (Last x6 league games) table, hopefully just in time to avoid the drop. My money's on Gillingham, x4 league defeats on the spin, conceed for fun, their top player sent off yesterday who will miss a tough looking game v play off chasing Millwall next up....

Bradley Dack seems to have gone downhill this season.The midfielder has only managed 5 league goals so far,compared to13 last season?

Advert

Rochdale's defence have conceded the amount as Port Vale's - 59. Vale's defence seems better with Bikey in it. Two clean sheets in the last two games.

Smith and Bikey and Co. might be able to contain Rochdale's strikers and if the same effort is applied to the game as it was in the Wimledon game, a goal or two may be forethcoming, with a favourable result in the bag.

Rochdale 0 Vale 2 (I hope).

This is probably a tougher match, at a place where we don't normally prosper, than most people are giving it credit for.

As Vale fans, we all seem to be 'mood-swingers' of almost frightening measure, one match like Coventry and we're doooooonmed Captain Mainwaring, then a win like yesterday and all is near perfect, no danger.

So I'll appeal in advance for no gnashing of teeth and wailing if we should lose it, my own feeling is that we might be a bit tired and hold out at 0-0 for a long while, but be in some danger of our late goal Achilles heel appearing again. I do hope I am wrong, but a lot of away points have gone that way.

If we get 2 points from the next two games, then that is a fair showing, 3 or more and we can be well pleased, 4 or 6 and we're almost there.

Perhaps we can go back to the early 80s and score 3 late goals, I remember that classic match, 3-0 down with 15 minutes left and the Sentinel printing the infamous 'Heavy defeat for Port Vale' headline that I kept for posterity.

I remember seeing a bit of blood flowing on the terraces that day, it got quite nasty, but on the pitch Jimmy Greenhof and co. did us proud with a comeback to remember.

My prediction (1st one hopefully wrong) Rochdale 1 Vale 0 with a late goal, but Chesterfield 0 Vale 1 with a rare early goal.

This is probably a tougher match, at a place where we don't normally prosper, than most people are giving it credit for.

As Vale fans, we all seem to be 'mood-swingers' of almost frightening measure, one match like Coventry and we're doooooonmed Captain Mainwaring, then a win like yesterday and all is near perfect, no danger.

So I'll appeal in advance for no gnashing of teeth and wailing if we should lose it, my own feeling is that we might be a bit tired and hold out at 0-0 for a long while, but be in some danger of our late goal Achilles heel appearing again. I do hope I am wrong, but a lot of away points have gone that way.

If we get 2 points from the next two games, then that is a fair showing, 3 or more and we can be well pleased, 4 or 6 and we're almost there.

Perhaps we can go back to the early 80s and score 3 late goals, I remember that classic match, 3-0 down with 15 minutes left and the Sentinel printing the infamous 'Heavy defeat for Port Vale' headline that I kept for posterity.

I remember seeing a bit of blood flowing on the terraces that day, it got quite nasty, but on the pitch Jimmy Greenhof and co. did us proud with a comeback to remember.

My prediction (1st one hopefully wrong) Rochdale 1 Vale 0 with a late goal, but Chesterfield 0 Vale 1 with a rare early goal.

Things happen though. Palace won at Chelsea, Burton won at Huddersfield, yesterday

They say you should never change a winning side but for me I would look at freshening it up a little bit. We seem to struggle when playing 3 games in a week and have a number of players 30+ in midfield. I would look at bringing in Shodipo who was playing well before going away on international duty and I thought DeFreitas did well when he came on yesterday, maybe bringing him in for either Taylor or Pugh.

It is with hope that Vale can get a result, at some point we have to get an away win. Please let this be the one. Confidence spreading through the side and with some self belief we can get a result which could change our season. Come on Vale!
Every game a cup-tie.

was hoping Joan would be putting second coach on after yesterdays result

Maybe Peter Coates can supplement our fans free travel after all he can afford it cant he 😉.

Love Vale i think we will win why because the team spirit is fantastic u can tell .

Bikey Smith Pugh Eagles and Reggie all leaders thats the impression im getting from watching Vale .

Im really looking forwards to Chesterfield on sat not because i like going there i dont as last two seasons hve seen horrific displays because we have a good drink before the game and a great day .

The 11 brown picks will do the job then we above Charlton .

MOMENTUM.

Does anyone know what it's like for parking around the ground always been on train before

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

As you are coming up the hill towards the ground, on the left is a bit of an housing estate, a few shops , plenty of street parking. Parked there twice with no mither at all .

Less than 5 mins walk then to ground.

Archived