onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread:: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

Advert

Having just rewatched the highlights, I'm staggered people have come back from the game singing the praises of Reg.

Reg looked more dangerous, created chances, held the ball up, was actually winning headers and MK defenders struggled to handle him.

Forrester & Hooper did little in the first 75 mins. Reg & Turner should've started.

Reg looked more dangerous, created chances, held the ball up, was actually winning headers and MK defenders struggled to handle him.

Forrester & Hooper did little in the first 75 mins. Reg & Turner should've started.

Don't forget the 4 minute lie down he had :laugh:

Reg looked more dangerous, created chances, held the ball up, was winning headers and MK defenders struggled to handle him.

Totally correct why would u play two injured strikers at home when surely the fit lads would offer way more .

I agree completely yes the lad missed the chance but at least the ball started moving around there area and not bloody ours like it was for 65 out of the first 75.

U play him on his own at Coventry so that he is ineffective and then u c what he can do in a 2 he would be my third player for defo on the team sheet v Wimbledon .

I want Vale on the front foot .

Him and Hooper i think r the answer im sorry but forrester has had no goal attempts for games on end .

We have three home games v teams who have hammered us already hhis season 4-0 4-0 and 3-1 ,we need every player to be at full tilt and im going be greedy i want 24 points from remaining games .

Even the Crewe manager wants win every remaining game and so do i .

But u wont win anything with half hearted play so grow some Vale .

So I've had a bit of time to digest what I saw yesterday, but since I spent most of last night moping around the time has done nothing to change my view.

Players that did okay:

- Mehmet - made some crucial saves and kept us in it.

- Smith - consistently outstanding. Player of the season.

- Bikey - not fit but looked okay. Constantly talking and organising.

- Foley - tried hard but is wasted out wide.

- Eagles - struggled to create but seemed to be one of the only forward players willing to close them down. Looks fitter game by game.

- Cicillia - like him or loathe him he changed the game. Did more than Forrester or Hooper in 15 minutes. Personally like him but only as an impact player at the minute. Hopefully he'll improve with a decent preseason.

The rest were awful. You can excuse Streete because he got injured early on and did not look fit at all.

Pugh and Taylor were far too pedestrian in the middle. Play one to cover the back four but not both. Pugh at least picked up when Reg came on, so he'd be my choice. Just needs to stop the silly volleyed passes and keep it simple.

Taylor was awful but has to be a better option that Purkiss at Full back? If only for his crosses (which were still mostly awful yesterday)

The less said about Jj and Anton, the better.

Brown said he was pleased with his tactics after the game, however this seemed to be from a solely defensive point of view. Attacking we were woeful.

MK Cons like to pass it. They looked like we did at the start of the season. How did teams stop us? By closing us down. We didn't get close enough. Whether it was a lack of effort or players being unfit I don't know but either way it wasn't good enough.

They were poor but were still the better side and should have won. Hopefully a week until our next game gives us chance to rest.

The worrying thing is if we go down, are people really going to pay £345 for a season ticket? I'll still be there because I'm a *****, but I can understand why others may not be so stupid.

Smurf is basing it on the assumption that fans will turn up no matter what. Some will. A lot won't. I'm a fan of cadburys chocolate fingers, but if they replaced the ingredients with cheaper alternatives which weren't as nice they can't expect me to still buy them through loyalty.

Season tickets, regardless of division, should be £230. £10 per match.

When i got in the ground yesterday i daid to me nephew where r the fans as surely if u attended the recent home games u must have enjoyed them .

A sat and getting just the normal tues hardcore 3500 odd .

Its hard point the finger but i remember someone saying that he wanted more people come the home games and not bother with away games as folk were just choosing go then .

But that person who made that silly statement doesnt realise u have to win away to build momentum and more folk will attend at home then .

Does anybody know who i am on about .

Our chairman he said it im sure he did .

The result and performance at Coventry had a major effect on the gate, we are 5 points worse off than lots expected us to be this weekend, whether wishful thinking or not, that is how it feels.

We all know that to win a game you need about 7-8 lads to be solid 8/10s and an odd one exceptional.

The keeper apart I would not give any of the ten outfield players more than 6/10, with most of them barely worth 3 or 4/10.

The central midfielders were as slow as carthorses and ought to have been shot at half time and the two 'strikers' (I use that word advisedly) could not win a header or hold up the ball.

Too many had off days and lacked any kind of sparkle.

We all know that to win a game you need about 7-8 lads to be solid 8/10s and an odd one exceptional.

The keeper apart I would not give any of the ten outfield players more than 6/10, with most of them barely worth 3 or 4/10.

The central midfielders were as slow as carthorses and ought to have been shot at half time and the two 'strikers' (I use that word advisedly) could not win a header or hold up the ball.

Too many had off days and lacked any kind of sparkle.

shame we had to make the changes we did, i was hoping for 3 up top and a supporting midfield with others behind and get the ball in box at all opportunities as they weren't the best at the back but just kept 5/6 their knowing they could easily cope - JJ only had one pace which again seems to be injury related but did chase more than a few times and win a few headers but no other players got forward and their back 6 just kept ball. i would have preferred to start with 11 fit players with turner included upfront for pace

We where rubbish yesterday, front two hopeless and where was our midfield? Poor decision to play Foley out wide we lost all of the energy in the centre midfield because if which killed us . Countless times they picked the ball up deep in their own half and ran to our penalty area without the midfield two getting anywhere near. Listening to MB's radio interview he hasn't got a clue what to do. We have become a team playing for corners and free kicks as we can't create chances- embarrassing to watch. Smurf should be ashamed of himself!

No chance I'm renewing ST next year if Smurf and MB in charge next season.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

vale were poor mk dons weren't much better and the ref and liner on the railway side well no comment on them 2. foley is totally wasted on the wing pugh and taylor have got no pace and got rings ran round them all game, forrester wont score a goal this season, it really says it all when reggie comes on and we look more dangerous, if it wasn't for Mehmet we'd have lost quite easily smith had his normal solid game can't see him being at vale next season streete as well will probably be gone the only thing that will put teams off are his injuries. we need to beat Wimbledon next Saturday all 3 clubs above us are away.

And missed a half open goal six yards out.

You seem to think I'm saying Forrester and Hooper are better. I'm not. I'm saying that they're all awful. Reg looks decent in comparison. The man should be nowhere near a League 1 football club.

The bloke cannot kick it properly, that's not even an exaggeration. He's like Reg without the effort.

SHAMBLES!

He scored that free kick against Swindon but he seems to have a very weak shot off a moving ball. Obviously it's a minor problem for a striker .

Archived