onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread:: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

Amaris ain't good enough, all he can do is try. There's a reason he's not a regular starter under brown or previously Bruno, the same reason applies to all Bruno,s overseas imports, they're simply not good enough for league 1 and I doubt league 2 but we,re lumbered with 7 or 8 of them for next season, hey ho such is a game of chess.

That may well be the case. But he and the others would give more of a performance than that shower or **** both Tuesday and Saturday. There is no chance that Danny Pugh or Ryan Taylor should be anywhere near that midfield together. These players you mention may not be good enough. But we were better when Bruno was here. The recent performances are as bad as the gannon and glover days. I'm not saying the other options are great but surely they deserve a go over players who are consistently failing.

Advert

As Santa said it was 6 points.

2 points in the 6 games prior to Bruno's departure. We were hurtling towards disaster when he left. Brown hasn't been able to steady the ship and I doubt anybody could have, given the situation at the club and the horrific mistakes we made in the summer. We've won 3 games more than I believe we would have done under Bruno so there's an improvement in our stature since he left.

I do believe we're down. The 8 games left don't give us the opportunity (In my opinion) to get the points we require. We're now at the stage where we're going to need to do something special in those last 5 games where it looks extremely difficult. But the recriminations shouldn't start until it's mathematically sure. Whilst it's difficult, let's at least stick together until then.

Just because tou believe we've picked up more points than you think we would if Bruno was here means nothing. I'm quite sure we could have gotten the couple of wins that brown has had against some of the truly dire opposition this season. Agree with your last point.

Which youth player would you have played then?

Lack of fitness can come across as a lack of effort from the sidelines simply because the game gets away from you. The effort is there.

Sorry I disagree. There was no effort what so ever from Ryan Taylor or hooper. Now Pugh also isn't fit and looked very poor, but he did show effort did try to win the ball back and 2nd half move forward with it. Taylor did literally nothing all match other than stick the odd leg out, take some terrible free kicks and watch players go past him, with no reaction. If that kind of performance warrants a selection over any other midfielder we have then it's a complete and utter joke. Reeves would've been a choice for me, I did say a couple of weeks ago it's too early for him, but given the midfield brown picked we desperately needed some young legs and running in there. Has to be one of the most negative midfield selections For a while.

And yet look where we were when Bruno left' date=' 12 points clear of relegation wasn't it? Things have just progressively worsened this season after a positive start.[/quote']

What's that phrase I read a lot of on here from people that support Smurf, don't let the facts get in the way...or words to that effect. In brown's 15 games we've gained 15 points. In Bruno's last 15 games we gained 13. So this progressive worsening you refer to isn't entirely true is it. The trend under Bruno in his last 6 games was horrific, we got 2 points. In Brown's first 6 we got 6 points.

All along, Brown hasn't had the support of Smurf. His comments at the weekend reflect his whole tenure as "Caretaker Manager". He's now 8 games away from potentially being out of a job, a threat that was hanging over him throughout the whole transfer window, which hindered his chances of bringing in the players he wanted. If Brown wasn't the man for the job, fine, recruit someone, anyone, but make a f**king decision instead leaving us in this state. This whole season is his doing. He got us into this mess, and he's shown afterwards that he's not man enough to do something about it.

Smurf had two big Managerial decisions to make this season. The first one he completely screwed up, the second one he's simply avoided making. We're going to be left with half a season spent with a caretaker manager.

Smurf should have been sensible enough to understand the extremely basic fact that uncertainty affects the club. He's learning apparently? Uncertainty affected season ticket sales when he stalled on the Micky Adams contract. Uncertainty affected the retained list two seasons in a row when he gave Page a budget, he announced his retained list, then he upped it as the season was about to begin (also affecting ST sales). Uncertainty affected the team last season when we were 8th and Smurf decided to tell the players that had got us there that they'd be taking a 50% pay cut.

He's clearly not learnt a single thing. Either way, given our precarious position and shocking form leading up to Bruno leaving, Smurf should have made a decision. Appoint Brown, or bring in someone new. Forget the fans reaction, Smurfs the leader apparently, whoever he believed was the right man to save us he should have formally appointed them and given them his full backing to get us out of the mess he'd caused. Instead, he's chosen the cheap route, as he always does, and the club yet again looks like it will pay the price.

We won 1/11 of Bruno's last games and the writing has been on the wall since October, if not before.

The man to blame for all this is NS. It was complete stupidity to appoint Bruno and allow him to sign all those players who were not ready for league one football, just because some agent had produced a grainy u-tube video and Jose had told him we'd be fine.

Our better players have always remained the ones that Page had here - Alnwick, Foley, Grant, Smith & Streete. Not one of the many foreign signings has significantly strengthened the team.

We are in this mess for 4 reasons - Normans's appalling judgment last summer, losing three of our better players in January, not signing any replacements and/or strengthening the team before Jan 31st, and finally our appalling injury list.

It's not rocket science what has happened over the past 10 months. But the blame lies at the feet of NS as many of us warned last year, only to be shot down in flames because we were going to be playing champagne football and in the top six by Xmas!

Just because tou believe we've picked up more points than you think we would if Bruno was here means nothing. I'm quite sure we could have gotten the couple of wins that brown has had against some of the truly dire opposition this season. Agree with your last point.

It's called an opinion my good man. I didn't ask you to agree with it, nor am I seeking your approval.

Well that was pretty dire. All I got from the weekend was a very welcome point (not enough though), some oatcakes and a possible broken foot and toe. The football itself was for me as bad as I have ever seen from Vale..such a contrast to most of the first half at Bristol Rovers (last match I saw) but so like the second half at Rovers.

Oh well, still plenty of points to play for

But who's fault is it why the seasons been a disaster? Smurf had a chance in January to put things right by signing Proctor and Ajose if the rumours were true they were at Vale Park on Deadline day. The cash was there, wasn't it. Im sure we could of found an experienced manager to work along with Brown when Bruno left. Things could of been so different if Smurf had spent some of the cash in January.

makes you wonder why he didn't

Never said you did? I simply stated that that obviously wasn't fact. It's like me saying I think If Bruno stayed we would've Won 4 games ...

Where did I state what I was saying was fact? In the very sentence you seem to have taken issue with, I used the term 'I believe'. Now, normally when that term is used it's not followed up or preceded by stone cold facts.

It was an opinion. Accept I've got a different opinion which is worth the same as yours and everybody else's on this forum.

And yet look where we were when Bruno left' date=' 12 points clear of relegation wasn't it? Things have just progressively worsened this season after a positive start.[/quote']

The positive start was down to tremendous luck on numerous occasions and a guy called jones. Br uno used up vale,s luck for the season.

The team were heading for the relegation zone under Bruno, brjown has had to cvontend with the loss of 3 of the better players in Jan coupled with inadequate financial backing by smurf.

Where did I state what I was saying was fact? In the very sentence you seem to have taken issue with, I used the term 'I believe'. Now, normally when that term is used it's not followed up or preceded by stone cold facts.

It was an opinion. Accept I've got a different opinion which is worth the same as yours and everybody else's on this forum.

Once again I've never said you can't have an opinion....

What's that phrase I read a lot of on here from people that support Smurf, don't let the facts get in the way...or words to that effect. In brown's 15 games we've gained 15 points. In Bruno's last 15 games we gained 13. So this progressive worsening you refer to isn't entirely true is it. The trend under Bruno in his last 6 games was horrific, we got 2 points. In Brown's first 6 we got 6 points.

All along, Brown hasn't had the support of Smurf. His comments at the weekend reflect his whole tenure as "Caretaker Manager". He's now 8 games away from potentially being out of a job, a threat that was hanging over him throughout the whole transfer window, which hindered his chances of bringing in the players he wanted. If Brown wasn't the man for the job, fine, recruit someone, anyone, but make a f**king decision instead leaving us in this state. This whole season is his doing. He got us into this mess, and he's shown afterwards that he's not man enough to do something about it.

Smurf had two big Managerial decisions to make this season. The first one he completely screwed up, the second one he's simply avoided making. We're going to be left with half a season spent with a caretaker manager.

Smurf should have been sensible enough to understand the extremely basic fact that uncertainty affects the club. He's learning apparently? Uncertainty affected season ticket sales when he stalled on the Micky Adams contract. Uncertainty affected the retained list two seasons in a row when he gave Page a budget, he announced his retained list, then he upped it as the season was about to begin (also affecting ST sales). Uncertainty affected the team last season when we were 8th and Smurf decided to tell the players that had got us there that they'd be taking a 50% pay cut.

He's clearly not learnt a single thing. Either way, given our precarious position and shocking form leading up to Bruno leaving, Smurf should have made a decision. Appoint Brown, or bring in someone new. Forget the fans reaction, Smurfs the leader apparently, whoever he believed was the right man to save us he should have formally appointed them and given them his full backing to get us out of the mess he'd caused. Instead, he's chosen the cheap route, as he always does, and the club yet again looks like it will pay the price.

We were in a fake position in 8th place having played more games, we found our true level as we have this season since we lost Jones, Alnwick and Grant who were huge for us. The budget was there apparently but the CEO and Manager (I like both) weren't able to utilise it to improve us.

Well that was pretty dire. All I got from the weekend was a very welcome point (not enough though), some oatcakes and a possible broken foot and toe. The football itself was for me as bad as I have ever seen from Vale..such a contrast to most of the first half at Bristol Rovers (last match I saw) but so like the second half at Rovers.

Oh well, still plenty of points to play for

The last two games have definitely been the worst since the end of Foyle/Sinnott/Glover era.

Players are not playing for anyone other than their $$$$ at the moment.

Archived