onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread:: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

Yeah and the fans booed Micky Adams out of the club.

It's like last season fans wanted Page out eventhough I thought we had a very solid season.

Many Vale fans need to wake up and be realistic and realise we have no God given right to be a competitive League 1 side. Smurthwaite has given us that by ploughing in his own money. Attendances are dwindling because of the **** eroding our fan base, ageing fan base and the 90s glory days fans gradually losing interest. Not because of Smurthwaite.

Load of rubbish. Why bother supporting the club at all if you have no ambition? Deprived area you say, is that why Stoke are in the PL? The reason we're in this mess is because of Norman, no one else. The fact that some fans can't see this is scary.

Advert

Players looked shattered. Even Sam Foley, who is usually all over the pitch, looked heavy legged. Im hoping a weeks rest will ensure that its a more energetic Vale we see next Saturday.

The poor prep preseason seems to be having an impact on the team. Smurfs foreign legion ideal was crazy. Bruno should not have let any where near the Vale with his Cv.

Sent from my LG-H850 using the onevalefan mobile app

You are joking Kelly shouldn't even be in the squad he,s a waste of space. Like playing with 10 men with Kelly on.

Persistently gives the ball away and can't tackle to save his life.

Can't see why Amoros is not in the squad he played well away at MK Dons and had a good game.

He must be better than Ryan Taylor who seems unfit and his set pieces were poor delivery.

Kelly is flair, creative player, he is not a studs up running around the field player. Created a goal for hooper recently.

Ryan Taylor scored one and created the other in vales last 2-1 win, Taylor may not be in the prime of career but he,s still a better and more effective player than Amaros by a country mile.

Smurthwaite is a clown .

Even Paul Wildes jumped ship when he realised what he was dealing with.Smurthwaite has squandered his money with scatterbrained experiments then wants someone else to pick up the bill.

I can honestly see us in the Conference next year if this idiot stays holding out for another idiot to cough up 5 million to buy him out. It shows what a lunatic he is even thinking anyone would be stupid enough to pay 5 million.

That's not true about Wildes- making things up undermines your point.

Utter garbage. Smurthwaite did save the club' date=' gave us promotion and a decent league 1 budget. Yes the Bruno experiment failed but do you really think we were better off before he took over? We're a tin pot club from one of the most financially deprived places in the UK... if Smurf goes it's vultures and/Or bankruptcy.[/quote']

Mo Pervez saved the club. Never gets mentioned on here but his decision to fund the club over the summer of admin was crucial when we had no income to sustain the club. Smurf wasn't the only man interested in buying Port Vale.

He helped with promotion. Micky and Tom Pope gave us promotion, Smurf helped to bundle us over the line.

I think that if we get relegated (95% sure at this point), we'll be back in League 2 will a very poor squad, with much larger debt, with a smaller fanbase. So yeah, I'd say we were better off on the day before he took over than what we will be next season.

It won't be the vultures; the right buyer is out there. If Smurf accepts he can't get all his money back from the mistakes HE made, then we'll get sold to the right person.

Kelly is flair, creative player, he is not a studs up running around the field player. Created a goal for hooper recently.

Ryan Taylor scored one and created the other in vales last 2-1 win, Taylor may not be in the prime of career but he,s still a better and more effective player than Amaros by a country mile.

No idea where you get those thoughts from.

As much as Reg did 'create' when he came on, I only think he looked decent in comparison to the woeful efforts of the front two before. What did he do? A nice little flick to get involved in the Hooper chance, and a scuffed shot from 6 yards. Not groundbreaking.

I like the lad, he's a laugh, but technically he is bordering on diabolical, and his heading ability is a joke for a bloke his size. I think we've been treated to such poor forward play this year his cameos almost seem decent. His 90 mins at Coventry, fit or not, isolated or not, was still ridiculously bad. I had a few friends for their first time watching Vale and they were staggered at the sheer inadequacy of Reg.

...I am not clear how fit Bike is, but watching him second half he moved to the right positions and we didn't concede a goal near the end because of that. You don't get 25 international caps for a good international team for nothing...

If we can get Bikey properly fit he could just help us to keep clean sheets, which means points! He's been a pretty good player, and I'm shocked that some of you are so surprised? With a properly-fit Streete, and Smith we have the potential to play 3 CBs with Pugh in front.

I personally thought JJ worked hard up until a point in the second half so to be fair that might be a fitness issue considering he was touch and go.

The issue we had was we were chasing everything down as they pinged the ball across the back line and the keeper rather than just let them have it in that area and try and pounce on them once they tried to play it forward too much and burnt ourselves out.

Anton I thought looked a real decent signing early season before his injury/ies but doesn't seem to be the same, if thats down to confidence I dont know. Losing Tyler Walker hasnt helped as we have limited options, especially as Big Reg is useless as a lone man.

`Unlike Tuesday I thought there was plenty of effort but the boys looked shattered.

Lets not forget 3 are being rushed back from injury (4 if Purkiss wasn't really ready), Taylor had barely played for 2 months before playing 3 in 8 days, Eagles is still finding fitness and these are not young players either.

What will really cost us is fitness ultimately I think, we have a week's break but then its all hands to the pumps again and its going to be very tough unless we get bodies back and fast.

If we had kept the game on Tuesday maybe the rest would of given us a better chance today... but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Effort? Really? The only player I saw chasing down was cicilia. Hooper never moved all game!

At least amaros would actually try. That performance today was shameful and personally I don't want to see Taylor in a vale shirt again. It stunk of a player just turning up for his wage and thinking that's it. Amaros is a young lad who actually impressed earlier in the year. He would at least put a foot in unlike that *** today. I've not seen a performance as bad for a very long time.

Players looked shattered. Even Sam Foley, who is usually all over the pitch, looked heavy legged. Im hoping a weeks rest will ensure that its a more energetic Vale we see next Saturday.

The poor prep preseason seems to be having an impact on the team. Smurfs foreign legion ideal was crazy. Bruno should not have let any where near the Vale with his Cv.

I fail to see how this fitness issue is still Bruno's fault. That's quite some time ago now. These players have had plenty of time to be fit.

I personally don't think it helps that brown has signed many players who lets face it are here for a pay day and aren't fit to being with. The likes of Pugh, eagles and Taylor. Their fitness has nothing to do with Bruno. Neither does the likes of foley, who has been carrying an injury for weeks; as streete had but have to play as brown won't give others a go. This is browns fault just as much as Bruno.

I fail to see how this fitness issue is still Bruno's fault. That's quite some time ago now. These players have had plenty of time to be fit.

I personally don't think it helps that brown has signed many players who lets face it are here for a pay day and aren't fit to being with. The likes of Pugh, eagles and Taylor. Their fitness has nothing to do with Bruno. Neither does the likes of foley, who has been carrying an injury for weeks; as streete had but have to play as brown won't give others a go. This is browns fault just as much as Bruno.

A structured pre-season is vital for a season long fitness. Currently we are asking players to play and try and improve their fitness back to standards it should be and its simple too much. Ordinarily 3 or 4 of those players would not have played today but unfortunately our squad does not have the strength in depth, despite signing so many players.

Danny Pugh has actually been playing well and it took just one week to shut up those "ex-Stoke" brigade. In Taylor's first game back he was fantastic. Today both him and Pugh looked shattered. I think either would have been subbed if we hadn't had 2 enforced substitutions, as would Forrester.

As far as Amores is concerned, I do think he is a good player but neither manager have given him much game time. Ive seen him have great games and then awful ones. Maybe Brown wants more consistency.

Its not all doom and gloom Shrewsbury lost Gillingham in free and sides in mid table who r only two wins in front of us .

Ill admit i didnt really enjoy yesterdays game but a point when the oppositon were quite clearly the better side is not to be ungrateful for .

as team id mark them like this .

Melhmet 9 Superb display he made outstanding saves .

Purkiss 5 he was ok but he was never in the game in a attacking sense .

Kiko 5 kicked two dangerous situations away .

Smith 8 thought in the main he was terrific .

Streete 5 solid till injured

Bikey replacement 7 did well the lad did .

Taylor 4 im failing to c what he actually did as for a player who has played in the

top flight u would expect better .

Foley 4 same as Taylor

Pugh 5 considering how beave he was play he was ok .

Hooper 4 he made was very good with reggie but with anton not so good although he had a few efforts at goal .

Forrester 4 his work at times his admirable but no end product and tbats wgat we need .

If both players were playing with injuries up front i dont c the sense in that but maybe he read the reggie slaters vomments and thought yeah i agree .

Eagles 5 not in it but had a few good attempts .

Crowd were very low key yesterday i think the Coventry display had knocked the heart out of them .

Oh yeah Reggie 8 he woke the crowd up and his work was good was a shame he didnt put that chance away but it would have been daylight robbery .

Donkey hey i dont think so

Utv

Yes, I did. They're knackered,I think the lads are playing for the shirt.
I personally think that you are jumping on this 'injured' excuse that Brownie keeps talking about. I think that it has more to do with poor players many of which aren't prepared to work hard enough.

Every club gets injuries but blokes like Aspin just grit their teeth and get on with it. The trouble is we haven't Smith apart got many of these. I find it strange that winning teams get less injuries???

Archived