onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread:: Port Vale v Milton Keynes

Fosse69

Advert

Worst game of football I've seen for a very long time and one in which we were completely dominated until cicilia came on. Honestly I'd say 5-1 was a fair score line. The tactics and team selection were a complete and utter joke, so negative and I'm sorry but these players are not better than some of the foreign lads. That performance from Taylor was one of the worst I've seen from a pro player, shocking in every aspect and to top it off 0 effort. Pugh had a mare as well but at least tried. I was impressed with the keeper; expect punching the air instead of the ball on one occasion and impressed with smith and bikey, although very slow and unfit saved us a couple of goals with brilliant blocks. If that's the best we've got brown and what we're offering we may as well give up as it was pathetic. No wonder the attendance was so low!

Smith and bikey played well.

Mehmet was ok along with kiko before going off.

The rest were dreadful. With special mentions to Ryan Taylor and Ben purkiss.

Terrible vale.

We were poor today. However this is a day where I look at the positives a.) we got a point b.) we kept a clean sheet c.) we never looked like relinquishing that in the latter stages d.) we created THE best chance of the entire game with a lovely bit of football and e.) I felt at least half the team wasn't fit and yet we still fought for a result.

I've said for a while I think we're doomed but......we have a much needed week off and we see where we go from there. UTV.

Shocking game of football between two awful sides, they were however better than us and if there was going be a winner thought it would be them who would get it.

The midfield today was awful, Pugh and Taylor cannot play together in midfield, they were completely off the pace, last week we had Guy and Foley in the centre, full of running, I would not have been playing Foley out on the left, lost all energy from midfield. It might have been more defensive but would sooner have Kiko on the left of midfield and Foley in the midfield.

Up front while not having the best service the play was again really poor, JJ and Anton for me are completely lazy and did not seem interested at all. You don't want be playing kids when in a battle but surely Turner can do no worse than the s*** we had up front today.

At least when Reg came on he caused a few problems, I know certain posters on here think he is the worst player to pull on a Vale shirt but he has to be better than the hopeless Forrester, I am trying to think the last time he had a shot on target in a game, it wouldn't be so bad but he does not get into the areas that matter and can't see him scoring another goal for us.

For 75 mins second best then hooper was partnered by Reg and all of a sudden we played well .

Our goalie was superb ,players playing with injuries and shouldnt really have played .

A point more against a team with no injuries with loads of money and talented players .

A team who should have being down to ten men by the way .

So for me a point gained ,yes in the main it was bad but u have to look at the bigger picture .

Reggie and Smith and Bikey and Melhmet the Vale star performers .

Utv

Awful quality, awful atmosphere, awful performance. The club's on its backside and some people refuse to see it. 3,500 home fans on a sunny Saturday, come on.

Fair play to Bikey for doing decently on little fitness. I was wrong in deeming Mehmet to be as bad as Fasan, he does a job. Smith again good. Ageing midfield was fairly pedestrian. Forwards aren't good enough.

We need 3 wins still, and we ain't winning anything away. 2 of our remaining 3 home games are against the top 2. I simply can't see where the wins are coming from.

Hearing some bloke ringing in Praise and Grumble to remind us 'moaners and groaners' that Smurf 'saved' the club has probably killed any fight I had in me. These people will get the club they deserve.

Shocking game. Keeper, Smith, Bikey and Foley did well. Can't afford to carry so many players. Forrester, JJ, Pugh, Taylor and Eagles all very poor and offered little. Reggie got the crowd going momentarily before their keeper stayed down for lengthy treatment to take the sting out of the game again.

It was poor today but the only reason I can think of as to why we were so poor for 80 minutes is that half the team is not match fit and we are struggling to put out the same XI from week to week.

We looked like we were running in treacle today.

Having said that, they should have had a red card early doors and the ref bottled it. He was awful all game and gave us nothing.

We have to see it as a point gained - which it was.

The goalie was fantastic - 10/10 I'd give him. He made two fabulous saves and about 3-4 more good ones.

The two big problems we had were a lack of legs in central midfield and two poor forwards who could not hold up the ball.

Smith battled hard and even Bikey - unfit as he was - put in a shift.

Those who berate Reg ought to credit him with the way he transformed our fortunes in the last 15 minutes and looked more of a threat than either JJ or Forrester.

It was like watching paint dry and I don't know how we got a point. The keeper saved us.

But we have to keep believing and hope that we can get the energy and speed of the likes of De Freitas, Guy and Shadipo back in the team. Our biggest failing today was a lack of energy. We looked pedestrian and off the pace. In those circumstances I'll take a point and move on. At least we didn't lose.

Archived