onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket prices

pvfcrule

I think we'll struggle to sell 2,000 tickets next year personally. That's less that 700k gate income. Set the price at £125 and promote it like crazy, it's less than £5.50 per game. We'd need to sell 6,000 but this is achievable. It really has to be. We have an aging supporter base and very little incentive to attract new ones. Our product is, let's be honest, poles apart from that being offered 5 miles down the A500 and yet it costs practically the same. We can moan all we want about Coates bankrolling them, but it's a competitive world and it's adapt or die, simple as.

I'm sure Colin Garlick can see very clearly what we need to do. He needs to be trusted to get on with it.

Advert

I'm sure Colin Garlick can see very clearly what we need to do. He needs to be trusted to get on with it.

Are you?

Very little evidence to support that.

He has been employed for almost a season and done, well, what has he done?

Meanwhile the club he leaves employ a new CEO who markets their best ever season ticket campaign!

Couldn't make it up.

Garlick is either a) not very good at his job or b) held back.

More than likely the latter.

Are you?

Very little evidence to support that.

He has been employed for almost a season and done, well, what has he done?

Meanwhile the club he leaves employ a new CEO who markets their best ever season ticket campaign!

Couldn't make it up.

Garlick is either a) not very good at his job or b) held back.

More than likely the latter.

It will be b..........

Not doing a great job so far is he?

To be fair to him, none of us know the conditions under which he joined.

What I can say is that I contacted Raj Atwal last summer with some of my concerns. Raj sounded utterly exasperated at the malaise throughout the club, and described the working practices as roughly 20 years out of date. He had particular problems trying to get any help with a season ticket sales campaign. He didn't last long - draw your own conclusions as to why he left so quickly.

In Colin's defence, I have emailed him twice and received replies on both occasions. I don't think he'll mind me disclosing that he's in the middle of trying to appoint a Sales & Marketing manager...which is why I say he knows what's needed. Of course, we could have done with one a long time ago but for all we know NS may have tried to wing it without one (after all, we're easier to run than Stoke Audi).

We've got no choice other than to cut the guy some slack.

Very surprised if we hit 2k season tickets, its way over priced for whats on offer. I've had 1 for years but not next season.

£345 is a joke when you look at what other league 1 clubs are priced up at.

Northampton £380/430 side view, £249/370 end view, higher prices after May.

Vale could give a big discount for early birds in the Bycars, then increase later so in line with Hamil pricing.

Now tickets are already sold and people have paid i can't imagine some sudden promotion with lower prices.

No offence meant but all the 14 year olds they seem to have working in the ticket office couldn,t cope with doing refunds, re-oredering new tickets etc etc.

Now tickets are already sold and people have paid i can't imagine some sudden promotion with lower prices.

No offence meant but all the 14 year olds they seem to have working in the ticket office couldn,t cope with doing refunds, re-oredering new tickets etc etc.

It's a good point, the club are probably using under-18's as cheap labour (currently just £3.40ph at apprentice rates).

If prices go down pay the difference back, as would happen when targets are reached, just a matter of recalculating at leisure ready for collection at a certain date or send out by post.

I went in the other day to check on the prices and I noticed for over 60s it was 280 but 61+ was 360 on the notice I queried it and they said it was a typo on the letter!! If they can't get that right it time to pack in! I'm not paying 350 for a league 2 ticket!! As I doubt many others will

Archived