onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket prices

pvfcrule

Advert

If we reduced it from 350 I think we would get more interest from fans it's a lot of money these days I think he should give it a go be better to have half the current money but double the supporters it works out at the same in the end simple maths

If we offered them at that price we'd have to sell between 2 & 3 times our current season ticket fanbase to make the same amount of money. It might be too much of a gamble to offer them at that price and hope that around 6000 or more snap them up.

But they also have to factor in the amount of people who currently buy tickets on a match by match basis too.

It would be great if the owner could afford to do that, because the knock on of increases in crowds should see an increase in matchday revenue in food, drink etc.

It's a massive gamble but ask yourself this if you bought 2 tickets one for yourself and one for your child or partner etc at 350 a pop that's 700 for potentially league 2 football but at 150 if he reduced it this season he would potentially get more money in as not many will pay 350 for a st for l2?

Just out of interest, I looked up the top 5 highest season tickets in L2 this season (cheapest ones available):

Mansfield - £330

Plymouth - £320

Cheltenham - £315

Notts County - £310

Grimsby - £305

So we'd be the most expensive in the league yet again if we were to go down. We would also have the joint highest matchday ticket price. If we're going to look to attract even the kind of attendances we get at the moment in L2 though, we would have to reduce by a considerable amount IMO. Some sort of good deal to build some enthusiasm about watching us again. No chance it'll be £150 though.

Just look at the attendances at Bradford they were getting before they made prices cheap, they weren't getting anywhere near 18,000. Now look at them.

You can't just expect to sell at lot in the first season, you build it up through the seasons.

I think around £189 would be a fantastic offer for Vale fans and I'm pretty confident over the years to come we would be getting very decent crowds.

And also before everyone says we don't have the fanbase. 12,000 fans against Northampton, 10,000 against Burton, 8,000 against Wolves and we always reach around 7,000 against Crewe. So that's a clear indication to me that we have a very good fanbase. Have you every thought why they don't turn up now? It's simple they don't want to be spending £350 to watch s*** football when they can go down Sjoke for the same price.

Use your common sense Norman.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Just out of interest, I looked up the top 5 highest season tickets in L2 this season (cheapest ones available):

Mansfield - £330

Plymouth - £320

Cheltenham - £315

Notts County - £310

Grimsby - £305

So we'd be the most expensive in the league yet again if we were to go down. We would also have the joint highest matchday ticket price. If we're going to look to attract even the kind of attendances we get at the moment in L2 though, we would have to reduce by a considerable amount IMO. Some sort of good deal to build some enthusiasm about watching us again. No chance it'll be £150 though.

Norman has already said that ST would be cheaper in the event we went down!!

If we offered them at that price we'd have to sell between 2 & 3 times our current season ticket fanbase to make the same amount of money. It might be too much of a gamble to offer them at that price and hope that around 6000 or more snap them up.

But they also have to factor in the amount of people who currently buy tickets on a match by match basis too.

It would be great if the owner could afford to do that, because the knock on of increases in crowds should see an increase in matchday revenue in food, drink etc.

My two penneth worth!! From memory we offered cut price tickets the season when Lee Sinnott was in charge and we sold over 6000 again from memory??

The same reason the other teams don't do it in our league, we have not got the fan base to make it pay

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

I disagree, I don't think we've got the leadership and the enthusiasm to make it pay. In 2008 we'd just been relegated and managed to sell 6,500 STs at £180 (I understand a proportion of those were cheaper tickets and free child ones). The issue now is we have a huge threat to our long term future. It's essential that we get as many people into VP as possible, over a long period. Without any quality on the pitch to sell STs with the product on offer, we have to offer extremely competitive prices, especially where kids are involved. It's a no brainer basically. I don't even know why we're debating it, it's essential that the club addresses the issue, otherwise the problem is going to get worse as our ageing fanbase steadily decreases, and we have no succession of younger fans to replace them. Working in the community and in Schools will help to an extent, but there is a huge element of hope and fingers crossed attached to that approach. We need to replicate the Bradford model, it's essential.

We will be lucky to sell 2000 season tickets whichever league we are in next season.

As things stand, I'd agree.

BUT if we can scrape it and stay up (this is essential) then there is still time to build

a campaign for next season's season-ticket sales.

We seem to lack any imagination and proactivity in this area, and I actually think the fans might

end up having to do their work in return for a reward.

I would propose that whatever price is agreed on, every existing season-ticket holder who "signs up" a friend/lapsed fan/new fan/whatever gets a £20 discount/refund on their own renewal.

I would also offer far more group tickets for individual games that get people through the gates at a group-discount price.

It comes to something when we have to do the selling for the club!

Archived