onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket prices

pvfcrule

Advert

It's a nice idea but I really, honestly think there would be a maximum of 4,000 sold even at that price as things are right now. Maybe even only 3,000-3,500.

Bradford is a big city with one league club, who have been up as far as the top division not a lifetime ago, and have no rivals nearby. Their nearest Premiership club - Hull or Manchester probably.

I don't even think we've had 5k Vale fans for a home game this season have we? I dread to think how many Vale will turn up for home games next season.

Even in L2, with a manager that inspires confidence, just 3 or 4 GOOD new signings, keep Streete and Foley, and some good marketing and the chairman delegating and keeping off social media, then if we were in the top 8 we could get bigger crowds than now, maybe even 5,000 average - BUT it needs ALL those things to be in place.

If you are saying that cheaper ST prices wouldn't entice more than 4000 people next season, then that's a pretty damning statement towards supporters attitudes.

Like I've stated before, the last time we got relegated, ten years ago, we went on to sell 6000+ under Bratt and co!

To not be able to shift that again, under Smurthwaite, with a similar marketing approach, would tell you all you need to know about supporters feelings towards him.

Even in L2, with a manager that inspires confidence, just 3 or 4 GOOD new signings, keep Streete and Foley, and some good marketing and the chairman delegating and keeping off social media, then if we were in the top 8 we could get bigger crowds than now, maybe even 5,000 average - BUT it needs ALL those things to be in place.

t

I know we're talking a different universe in many ways but when Newcastle got relegated las year they reduced season tickets by 10% (even though they bought 4 more games) and saw a big increase in sales - over 37,000. This happened not just because of the price but because Benitez' appointment was confirmed and they sold it as joining the Rafalution. Shows you what hope and good marketing can do.

t

I know we're talking a different universe in many ways but when Newcastle got relegated las year they reduced season tickets by 10% (even though they bought 4 more games) and saw a big increase in sales - over 37,000. This happened not just because of the price but because Benitez' appointment was confirmed and they sold it as joining the Rafalution. Shows you what hope and good marketing can do.

So do we need to sign a manager that has a quirky name making it into a marketing slogan. Should we get relegated of course:-)

The slight difference between Vale and Newcastle is that the toon army will basically watch paint dry, also Sunderland. Their support is superb.

Newcastle in nearly everyones opinion ( Tv Punters, bookies) were nailed on certainties to go back up.

Vale will maybe be placed 12th by the bookies in League 2 as also rans, we are not going to have a Rafalution, more like a Browned off kind of situation :sad:

Unless we appoint a proper manager we will not have a sudden upsurge in expectation or anticipation.

Streete and Foley wont stay if in L2. Smurf wont stay off social media, and Marketing? Yeh good one.

t

Totally right- but what makes me so sad is that in a long time supporting the club I have never known less of either to be available.

I'm not saying this to argue, but so many posts on here people are saying they are losing the will to care, maybe it will change, I'll keep some hope going but it is hard after the last few months.

STrumpet- I agree, it is a damning statement toi supporters attitudes, but it isn't criticising them, it is merely what I see as a correct observation. I hope I am wrong, but unless things change DRAMATICALLY and FAST then even £100 season tickets wouldn't get a lot of people back.

It's their choice and it is a terrible shame, but what has happened this season has driven a stake through the heart of our support.

Im not excusing Bratt and co, but there was still a lot more support to tap into even just a few seasons ago and their job was easier in selling 5000-6000 than it could ever be now.

Only a massive marketing effort and some new incentives, an experienced manager, a quiet and sensible chairman who pulls away from social media, resigning of best players and a couple of ambitious new signings will get people back.

If they find the experience of watching Vale galling and totally unsatisfying then it wont matter if it is £5, £10 or £20 a game - its a bit like saying would I go and see Preston North End if it was free entry - no I wouldn't.

I keep saying this on various threads and I'll say it on here - we need a chairman who knows 'how to build a buzz' around the club rather than alienating the fan base. He has absolutely no idea what running a football club entails and it seems to me that he sees just numbers in terms of income rather than looking at the bigger picture unlike both Bradford and Huddersfield have obviously done.

He will probably say that he is pumping in money but he's not he is loaning it and wants it back.

Smurf - you say that you have never made a loss on a business venture but I find that extremely hard to believe on the evidence of the business acumen you have demonstrated so far with your stewardship of the club.

There is nothing positive around the club at the moment and that is entirely down to you , nobody else! So either sell up at a reasonable price and take a hit or take a back seat, keep your gob shut and leave it to someone who knows what is required to sort the club out as you clearly don't.

Just for the record I won't be renewing my season ticket after God knows how many years as you will, based on all the evidence available, waste it. I will attend matches when it suits me and when I get the urge as this club is in my DNA but you sir are seriously ripping that out of me.

Archived