onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Season ticket prices

pvfcrule

With cut price season tickets you have to look longer term. Bradford is the perfect model, they've proved it works. Keep the prices silly low and you'll improve sales year on year like they have. Quick fag packet calculations show you'd need to sell 6000 at £150 to match 2500 sold at £350. Is that really so difficult to achieve? Even if we sold less initially, you have to persevere with it imo.

Advert

Like the idea on the face of it but It would also need several years of increased imput from SMURF whilet a real drive to increase the fan base takes place. I'm not convinvced he has the stomach for it at the moment with the constant criticism, I for for one am very grateful to Norman but that's enough brown nosing for one day. It might also be the only option left to get people back whilst we're struggling.

While scfc tickets are subsidised by the TV money. I'm not that cynical really but I'm sure scfc would be happy if they were the only team in city. Their current season ticket prices do nothing but undermine our own offer. Though they can actually justified given the city's lower than average wages. Keep pushing on, my 2year old boy is now a signed up junior valient. So there's one more any way 😊 Up the Vale!!

Sent from my SM-G930F using the onevalefan mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
Any comments on this please?

How can this be viable for Rochdale 4000 at £110 equates to 440 grand.

Fair play to them though.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/2017-18-season-ticket-details-3634870.aspx

The difference between 2000 at £250, and 4000 at £110 is £60,000. So say £3k for 20 games made up by increased sales at the ground to break even. But does not take into account reduced sales of walk up tickets at a higher match price. Our CEO used to work there so knows what sort of wage structure they have, will we adopt it in the future?

With all the uncertainty as to what Division we will be playing in, Smurf's possible selling of the Club, the poor performances regularly put in by the squad etc, etc then it's no wonder fans don't want to commit at present. Until matters become clearer then I fear majority of current season ticket holders(let alone any thinking of getting one)will sit on the fence so to speak.

Could be that any "offers" from Vale may have to wait a good while longer.

Any seat in the ground, or the cheapest?

All areas.

Adults 199

8-17 year olds 79

Under 8s 29

For what could possibly be premier league football.

Meanwhile it's 360 quid for what could possibly be league 2 for us.

I'm amazed there is anyone left supporting the idiot who runs our club.

Great offers from Rochdale and Bury in the last few days as well.

All areas.

Adults 199

8-17 year olds 79

Under 8s 29

For what could possibly be premier league football.

Meanwhile it's 360 quid for what could possibly be league 2 for us.

I'm amazed there is anyone left supporting the idiot who runs our club.

Great offers from Rochdale and Bury in the last few days as well.

Very good, no doubt they would prefer to watch 19 games instead of 23, but if not promoted 4400 regulars since the chairman took over will have £99 refunded. Also something other clubs do is to give a 10% discount for renewals.

I think we'll struggle to sell 2,000 tickets next year personally. That's less that 700k gate income. Set the price at £125 and promote it like crazy, it's less than £5.50 per game. We'd need to sell 6,000 but this is achievable. It really has to be. We have an aging supporter base and very little incentive to attract new ones. Our product is, let's be honest, poles apart from that being offered 5 miles down the A500 and yet it costs practically the same. We can moan all we want about Coates bankrolling them, but it's a competitive world and it's adapt or die, simple as.

Archived