onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done SMURF

PVFC_4_EVA

Well done smurf for admitting your mistakes and for communicating with the fans.

I think we need to admit that nobody is perfect but there is no doubting that you are trying your best (even if some don't think it's good enough).

This thread might have negative responses from some fans but always try to focus on the positives and moving forward together.

Up the vale.

We can stay up if the fans keep behind the team.

I aren't having this. He's come on a forum chatted absolute ****, drained any last bit of postivity anyone had, patronised and abused supporters and were supposed to congratulate him? We are about to drop back to league 2 because of mistakes he says hes learned from. We then sign another goalkeeper...

The mans a clown and will be the end of this football club.

Advert

I gave RP 700k more than the budget he was 1st given

Now the fact there was no where to speak to him other than pitch side(l have never spoken to a Manager before after a game)l needed to understand why l had just witnessed

He stated 'that is football Chairman'

Well for me that was the last straw

What do you think got him the sack at NTFC ?

His reasoning for losing to Stourbridge and finally Bristol Rovers

The only difference was Kalvin NTFC Chairman acted swiftly l was held back because a potential purchaser wanted to keep him on the staff

To issue a retained list on the day you know you are leaving was the scandalous bit if you dont mind me saying

Where do the Exeter directors/chairman speak to Tisdale then (that's the Exeter manager by the way)? I rarely get abusive with people I do not know, but reading your ***** on here and on Twitter is very trying.

In fairness they don't need anywhere to speak to the Tisdale as they trust him to oversee all football matters without interference. He's a manager I suggested for Vale before Riberio and again when he got the boot, promotes youth and is an excellent man manager.

Why would he want to come here and work for someone whom he has seen first hand how he operates, TP? In Smurthwaite's single true statement since he darkened our door, "football is a village". We are seeing how true that statement is with the farcical goings on this season.

In fairness they don't need anywhere to speak to the Tisdale as they trust him to oversee all football matters without interference. He's a manager I suggested for Vale before Riberio and again when he got the boot, promotes youth and is an excellent man manager.

He does, however, have an appalling dress sense.

I aren't having this. He's come on a forum chatted absolute ****, drained any last bit of postivity anyone had, patronised and abused supporters and were supposed to congratulate him? We are about to drop back to league 2 because of mistakes he says hes learned from. We then sign another goalkeeper...

The mans a clown and will be the end of this football club.

Personally speaking Mon'Ami nothing and no one will ever drain my positivity for all things Port Vale.

However, and whilst it's true we are experiencing desperate times right now - and not for this first time in our history - I do get a tad fed up with the carousel of repetitive negativity on social media (mainly OVF for me).

Unlike cradle to grave supporters like yours truly, owners, managers and players come and go.

Where will Port Vale be this time next year? Who knows, but God willing I'll still be here and, fingers crossed, hoping to reach the 500th OVF 'Competition (I'm currently on 473).

:smile:

Personally speaking Mon'Ami nothing and no one will ever drain my positivity for all things Port Vale.

However, and whilst it's true we are experiencing desperate times right now - and not for this first time in our history - I do get a tad fed up with the carousel of repetitive negativity on social media (mainly OVF for me).

Unlike cradle to grave supporters like yours truly, owners, managers and players come and go.

Where will Port Vale be this time next year? Who knows, but God willing I'll still be here and, fingers crossed, hoping to reach the 500th OVF 'Competition (I'm currently on 473).

:clap::clap::upthevale:

Although I can see where you are coming from Barry, this is a forum to debate the Vale. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of positive stuff to comment on at the minute. The Chairman makes repetitive mistakes and so the negative responses are repetitive. As for nothing draining your positivity, it is hard to explain how the whole atmosphere around the club is draining positivity from the fans at the moment, including long standing ones like myself. Being far away means you are immune to that experience, you have to be here to witness and feel it and it isn't good.

These really are bleak times and I feel lower than under the previous lot. I knew we could get rid of them one way or the other, but Norman isn't going anywhere so the misery will continue and our position will get worse.

Well said Barry.

Although I can see where you are coming from Barry, this is a forum to debate the Vale. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of positive stuff to comment on at the minute. The Chairman makes repetitive mistakes and so the negative responses are repetitive. As for nothing draining your positivity, it is hard to explain how the whole atmosphere around the club is draining positivity from the fans at the moment, including long standing ones like myself. Being far away means you are immune to that experience, you have to be here to witness and feel it and it isn't good.

These really are bleak times and I feel lower than under the previous lot. I knew we could get rid of them one way or the other, but Norman isn't going anywhere so the misery will continue and our position will get worse.

Being far away doesn't make you immune to it at all. Someone has a different opinion than you and you decide for them that it's because they are far away. What about geo? Is he not quite far enough away because he has been negative for as long as I can remember.

Being far away doesn't make you immune to it at all. Someone has a different opinion than you and you decide for them that it's because they are far away. What about geo? Is he not quite far enough away because he has been negative for as long as I can remember.

I've asked carpetman this question but he hasn't got back to me. I genuinely want to feel as positive about the situation as you do (I know we disagree on a lot, but I'm being 100% serious when I say that). Instead of writing me off as a lost cause, as a negative trouble maker who has got the hump because Smurf had a go at me on twitter, can you please convince me and convert me to your level of positivity? I don't enjoy feeling this way about the club I love. Just to give you an idea of why I feel the way I do, I'm quite a logical person, an agnostic, so I base very little of my thinking on faith alone. Match that up with my love of the club as a Burslem lad of 35 years, and you get someone in me that's quite opinionated, and struggles to sit quiet and hope for the best. It's just not in my nature.

Over the last few days we've had quite a good engagement with Smurf. I've disagreed with pretty much every word he's written, but I'd rather this level of debate with him than none what so ever. For that, I genuinely do thank him. It's a start. But when I see him dismiss replicating the Bradford model, due to a failed Bycars incentive which many feel was too expensive, and was only promoted through 100 flyers in the stadium itself, it doesn't fill me with positivity, on the contrary, it deepens my feeling of negativity.

Can you let me know how you felt when / if you read Smurfs comments over the last few days, because if they made you feel positive, I'd love to know why.

Archived