onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Well done SMURF

PVFC_4_EVA

Seriously no what he needs to do is be professional and organise a Q&A with local paper,radio etc and communicate properly not through a forum.Do you really think a chairman should be acting this way and thank him for it...bizarre.

Sent from my iPad using onevalefan

Nobody in this thread has said thank you. I've just said well done for communicating with the fans. It's a step in the right direction. Smurf gets load of abuse when he does something wrong. I just thought it would be worth mentioning to him that some fans do appreciate his time.

Advert

But talk isn't cheap. It's £3.7M.

The Club is a mess in every regard.

He has apologised about 50 times. How many more?

Dialogue is welcome but not predictable dialogue.

The simple fact is no-one will pay what he wants/will want for the business.

I cannot believe Smurf has put 3.7 million pounds into this football club. Yes he may have not have taken out any re-numeration for the work he has done and probably that is part of this 3.7 million. He might be a multi millionaire I don't know but if he had physically put that in I would hope to see some improvement not the decline we've seen. Would anybody buy this club knowing it is losing a million pound a year and still looking no better on and off the field. I may be being cynical but I'm certainly not convinced with this 3.7 million figure.

A heartening show of honesty and openness from the chairman.

Let's give him a chance to deliver on his objectives and promises. I know there'll still be loads of knockers on here, and yes, Norman has done some daft things, but please, please, don't let us re-run all the problems. Instead, can I ask (is it too much to hope for?) that we take him at his word, get behind the chairman, club, players and, if there are constructive ideas, offer them up to balance all the negative and garbage comments we get from the moaners.

I know that some will accuse me of a rose-tinted view, but I'd rather the glass be half full than half empty. To all the anti-Norman moaners--what's the real alternative honestly?

He's done that poorly that we're commending basic communication, which is the most rudimentary remit of any chairman.

We've heard **** all for 3 months and he comes on here, takes the mick out of a few fans and everything's forgiven?

If he'd posted a plan for the rest of the season, a plan for next season (dependent on league status), and a clear update on his vision for the club for the next 5 years, then I would agree with the commendation.

Instead, he said he hoped 'lady luck will favour us', patronised a few customers, and then kept referring to this mysterious hedge fund.

It shows how horrifically run our club has been for the past 13 years that this is deemed a success.

Let's give him a chance to deliver on his objectives and promises. I know there'll still be loads of knockers on here, and yes, Norman has done some daft things, but please, please, don't let us re-run all the problems. Instead, can I ask (is it too much to hope for?) that we take him at his word, get behind the chairman, club, players and, if there are constructive ideas, offer them up to balance all the negative and garbage comments we get from the moaners.

I know that some will accuse me of a rose-tinted view, but I'd rather the glass be half full than half empty. To all the anti-Norman moaners--what's the real alternative honestly?

Why should we 'give him a chance' to deliver on his objectives and promises when he has failed on 100% of the promises he has made in the past?

I have been willing to give Smurf a chance for 4 years, and all he has done is take us further backwards. This isn't moaning for moaning's sake, this is criticising the business decisions of our chairman and making it clear that I don't think he is the club's long term future.

How many chances, and for how long, should anyone be given to deliver on promises? Folk have been saying the same for the last 4 years and the same mistakes are still being made. Why are people who aren't afraid to express their feelings labelled moaners? I'm no more a moaner than you are with you asking us to give him time. His answers to a number of questions on here give me no reason to wish to take him on his word.

But talk isn't cheap. It's £3.7M.

The Club is a mess in every regard.

He has apologised about 50 times. How many more?

Dialogue is welcome but not predictable dialogue.

The simple fact is no-one will pay what he wants/will want for the business.

I personally have only read about one apology and that was about him hiring Bruno Ribiero I have never seen anywhere where he has apologised for calling Vale Fans racist/thugs or apologised for his public haranguing of Page and former players. If he really wanted to get fans on his side and to draw a line under all of his previous antics he needs to issue these apologies, grow up and make peace with the Sentinel and then tell fans what he is going to do to stop the rot and how he is going to improve the team and club with a real plan going forward.

Getting rid of best players???

Sent from my SM-G920F using the onevalefan mobile app

Who were the best players that he got rid of?

Alnwick had a clause triggered so there was nothing we could do.

Grant didn't want to play for us any longer and so it was the better option of letting him go for some cash rather than on a free in a few months.

Unless you mean the getting rid of Ferguson, Patterson and Calvin-Mackintosh?

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Who were the best players that he got rid of?

Alnwick had a clause triggered so there was nothing we could do.

Grant didn't want to play for us any longer and so it was the better option of letting him go for some cash rather than on a free in a few months.

Unless you mean the getting rid of Ferguson, Patterson and Calvin-Mackintosh?

The ones from last season, remember Smurf lowered the budget so he and the squad would walk so he could try this experiment. So the best players from last season that finished higher.

The ones from last season, remember Smurf lowered the budget so he and the squad would walk so he could try this experiment. So the best players from last season that finished higher.

I think the plan was to replace them with better players!! Completely backfired.

I expect if we had kept them we would be safe in mid table again.

Dodds and AJ I would have kept. Dickinson would have been decent backup along with O'Connor. The rest I'm. It bothered about.

I would have signed ikpeazu too, think he has something about him that we are severely lacking now.

Archived