onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke by--election

Bea Smith

Advert

I watched the Newsnight programme before the election. We left Stoke 30 years ago now because of my work. But when I come back it is obvious that Stoke has been discriminated against. The likes of Liverpool has received vast amounts of EU and national regeneration money going back 30-40 years. With private investment it is now a thriving city with a technology base. Stoke has an obvious infrastructure problem. The road network is hopeless. Public transport is very poor compared to a metropolitan area like Merseyside or London. So it needs investment, but time after time after time money has gone elsewhere and particularly on projects that serve London like Crossrail.

I am pleased Nuttall did not win. He clearly is a liability in representing anything.

so a self confessed sexist MP who voted against the majority of his constituents in wanting to remain is not a liability?

I can't believe anyone is trying to claim that this somehow reverses the fact that 70% voted for brexit in June. Snell sold his soul for his prized seat in Parliament as many Labour MP's have done in the past few months. Blatent lies that they will represent constituencies that want to leave the EU just so they can gain or stay in their seats.

As much as I dislike Farrelly at least he is standing by his convictions. Although I wouldn't be so sure his convictions will be that strong come the next general election.

I was wrong about Nutall, I had high hopes at the start of the campaign but it was clear early on that it was a mistake to put him up. The tragic thing being that if they'd have got the candidate right they'd have won by a landslide I think.

Just watched central news interviewing voters on why they voted and it was the typical labour mentality, one old dear "i'am 87 i've voted labour ever since i could vote " old chap " if it was good for my dad it's good enough for me" second old lady " if you worked in the potbanks you have to vote labour ". stuck in past me thinks and more of the same for the city!!!:sad::sad:

You reap what you sow.

You reap what you sow.

Yes what a choice a remoaner Gareth Snell who would sell his mother to get the seat and say anything to get elected.

Paul Nuttall who was parachuted in from Liverpool where he is already considered an idiot and wouldn't get elected there if the opposition was a monkey. Why hasn't he resigned as leader following this debacle. UKIP would have got a seat if they had put up a local candidate but were coerced into accepting Nuttall. No wonder people couldn't be bothered to vote.

I can't believe anyone is trying to claim that this somehow reverses the fact that 70% voted for brexit in June. Snell sold his soul for his prized seat in Parliament as many Labour MP's have done in the past few months. Blatent lies that they will represent constituencies that want to leave the EU just so they can gain or stay in their seats.

I wasn't suggesting for one minute that this result reversed the referendum. I was simply pointing out the irony of the situation. The people seemed to want Brexit but not a Brexit MP. Also, some Labour MPs, like Dianne Abbot, represented constituencies which voted Remain but went against them in Parliament despite being a Remainer herself. The whole thing is a complete bugger's muddle.

I think this needs looking into...

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/thousands-of-voters-register-to-take-part-in-stoke-on-trent-central-by-election/story-30141115-detail/story.html

there was an interview broadcast on radio stoke on friday morning where a student stated he was intending to vote labour but his voting paper came too late!!! He then went on to state he actually lived in coventry ??

:unsure:

The way I see it is that in the referendum it was black and white.

Leave. Remain.

With yesterday's vote you are voting for a representative for the area.

Quite frankly, people couldn't be bothered to vote because of the storm and the UKIP scandals in the weeks leading to it.

It was an absolute shambles.

Voting in that election yesterday was like having to pick one of three of your work colleagues to shag your mrs.

Dress it up however you want.

Stick up for your chosen parties however you want but something has to change because modern day politics stinks.

I think this needs looking into...

http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/thousands-of-voters-register-to-take-part-in-stoke-on-trent-central-by-election/story-30141115-detail/story.html

there was an interview broadcast on radio stoke on friday morning where a student stated he was intending to vote labour but his voting paper came too late!!! He then went on to state he actually lived in coventry ??

:unsure:

What needs looking into? A student is allowed to vote at their home address and at their address they are living at when they are at University. I could vote at home and in Birmingham when I was at Uni there.

Archived