onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke by--election

Bea Smith

Maybe should be law that anyone standing for MP of any city/town ,should have lived there for an amount of time (2-3 yrs) , would get rid of these chancers, who know nothing about the area or people they would be representing. ie Nuttall. Think UKIP could have got in if their candidate had been from Stoke.

That would have excluded Gareth Snell as well who doesn't live in the city either.

Advert

I can't believe anyone is trying to claim that this somehow reverses the fact that 70% voted for brexit in June. Snell sold his soul for his prized seat in Parliament as many Labour MP's have done in the past few months. Blatent lies that they will represent constituencies that want to leave the EU just so they can gain or stay in their seats.

As much as I dislike Farrelly at least he is standing by his convictions. Although I wouldn't be so sure his convictions will be that strong come the next general election.

Farrelly has still to answer my 2 questions, 1 of feb2, 1 of feb 8, as to how he can democratically represent Newcastle of whom 63% voted leave, by voting in the above 2 votes in favour of the 37% who voted remain...:doh:but cometh the hour he wont be the man.:angry:

Yes what a choice a remoaner Gareth Snell who would sell his mother to get the seat and say anything to get elected.

Paul Nuttall who was parachuted in from Liverpool where he is already considered an idiot and wouldn't get elected there if the opposition was a monkey. Why hasn't he resigned as leader following this debacle. UKIP would have got a seat if they had put up a local candidate but were coerced into accepting Nuttall. No wonder people couldn't be bothered to vote.

Some people will do anything for £76,011 a year?

I wasn't suggesting for one minute that this result reversed the referendum. I was simply pointing out the irony of the situation. The people seemed to want Brexit but not a Brexit MP. Also, some Labour MPs, like Dianne Abbot, represented constituencies which voted Remain but went against them in Parliament despite being a Remainer herself. The whole thing is a complete bugger's muddle.

but only the second vote cause she wanted to keep her front bench job and its perks, the first she was "incapacitated by a migraine":ohmy: and all the stick she got over that...Davis's text about not trying to hug her cause he was not blind after she voted in favour of the legislation was a classic:clap: although he got flak, she escaped censure for telling him to f*ck off...:closedeyes:

Davis's text about not trying to hug her cause he was not blind after she voted in favour of the legislation was a classic:clap:

Why was that?

I'm not a fan of Diane Abbott's politics, but why is it a 'classic' for David Davis to have said that? He isn't exactly an oil painting himself either.

Why was that?

I'm not a fan of Diane Abbott's politics, but why is it a 'classic' for David Davis to have said that? He isn't exactly an oil painting himself either.

because from my understanding beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and she would be way down on my list..:yes:.and a classic for a spontaneous rebuff:laugh:

Is a MP a representative or a delegate? A delegate does what he has been told to do, i.e. vote the same. A representative listens to the argument and decides accordingly. A MP listens to the argument and is then told what to do by the Whips. No wonder people are confused/angry etc

Is a MP a representative or a delegate? A delegate does what he has been told to do, i.e. vote the same. A representative listens to the argument and decides accordingly. A MP listens to the argument and is then told what to do by the Whips. No wonder people are confused/angry etc

a representative, as they will say "I represent such a constituency or I represent the views of my constituents" but as I said in my post 233 my representative voted against the wishes of his constituents...although a delegate by the Oxford dictionary is "a person chosen or elected to act for or represent another or others".

People seem to be confusing the EU referendum (a one policy vote) and the election of an MP. THey also seem to be confusing voting to remain with voting to accept the whitepaper on leaving. Many mp's (majority from all sides of the politcal spectrum voted to remain, labour, tories etc) voted to remain, but the vast majority accepted the decision.

Well done Stoke labour voters you have just made sure there will never be a labour government for years to come maybe a generation

Can you explain this one. Im confused. Are you suggesting stoke labour voters would have ensured a labour government by not voting for labour?

UKIP only have themselves to blame. Trying to blame anyone else is almost as daft as the lefty terrorists going crackers after every result they don't agree with.

I do wonder what people want around here mind.

They were almost overtaken by the Conservatives for goodness sake. In a constituency like Stoke with its Brexit percentage vote, they should have done much, much better. If they can't do it here, I suspect they have a mountain to climb!

Archived