onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Voter intelligence

Bea Smith

Advert

I,m not saying I disagree with you - but are we to take it that any opinion YOU disagree with is a (BS) opinion?...

...Those who work hard to improve their lives without worsening others lives are commendable too...

...And risk-taking usually (I think you mean "occasionally?" involves other peoples money, pension, or futures if it is your own money, fine but it rarely is.

It was the sweeping generalisation that anyone "rich" had to have become so by treading on the worse off that I considered to be a BS opinion - and completely ignoring and dismissing those people I recognize as risk-takers: the ones who've worked 80-hour weeks; mortgaged their own property (or sold all their possessions) to seize a chance, take a risk, believe in their product or service; developed a new product and had the guts to build businesses that then paid their employees decent money, and that paid PAYE and Corporation taxes. Those were the aspirants, the risk-takers I meant, not the rare chancer like Philip Green - people like Alan Sugar and Richard Branson (neither of whom I like, btw).

And, for balance, it should be noted that not all the lowest-paid do great jobs! Some of them do rubbish jobs, badly, and, as is often expressed on here - steal a wage! And some of them are scumbags by choice who steal from their peers, who have little of value to have stolen. Try as you might to depict otherwise, not every working-class hero is a working-class hero!

I worked for over thirty years in senior IT positions mixing with some highly qualified academics and I struggle to think of one who had a modecum of commen sense. If it's not in a text book we are lost attitude similar to school teachers today if u have any dealings with them - Kid turns up fa school with a toy plAstic gun received as a xmas present so teacher reports to head who fones the police under the prevent terror act

All the senior IT folk I've encountered are nutjobs who can't spell. :razz:

Are you living on this planet ? When we were young you made your own toy guns out of sticks and ran around fields pretending to shoot each other, its called imagination, i can honestly say since those days i havent once felt the need to go on a mass killing mission. I suppose they shouldnt make toy soldiers, action men or water pistols either.

A lot of people on here would also be able to tell you that when they were young, there was no problem in calling black people n**** or using the word w*g. hitting children, having lots of nice healthy cigarettes, hating the queers, having a shedload of drinks and then driving home and a ton of other things.

Or go back a bit further and I'm sure you'll tell me that the odd bit of slavery was fine, and sending children up chimneys at 8 years old never did them any harm - they didn't become mass murderers did they ?

Things progress, and will continue to do so, even if not in your world.

All the senior IT folk I've encountered are nutjobs who can't spell. :razz:

Most people in IT are parasites who earn far too much, mess up and delay projects and deliver a watered-down rubbish version of what is required. Many of them are like a mutated version of the norrible creatures in 'The Big Bang Theory', but slightly less exciting and with less common sense.

It was the sweeping generalisation that anyone "rich" had to have become so by treading on the worse off that I considered to be a BS opinion - and completely ignoring and dismissing those people I recognize as risk-takers: the ones who've worked 80-hour weeks; mortgaged their own property (or sold all their possessions) to seize a chance, take a risk, believe in their product or service; developed a new product and had the guts to build businesses that then paid their employees decent money, and that paid PAYE and Corporation taxes. Yes, very poetic, but if you look at my original post I never said that there was anything wrong with aspiring and so on, as lonmg as nobody else lost out - some cheating gittts who made a load of money and made people lose their pensions does not fall into your descriptionThose were the aspirants, the risk-takers I meant, not the rare chancer like Philip Green - people like Alan Sugar and Richard Branson (neither of whom I like, btw). Richard Branson has admitted that his 'risk-taking' included not paying tax on records and illegally using this method to get started. Do you admire this? The tax he didn't pay may have saved a dying person who needed drugs that the NHS could not approve

And, for balance, it should be noted that not all the lowest-paid do great jobs! Some of them do rubbish jobs, badly, and, as is often expressed on here - steal a wage! And some of them are scumbags by choice who steal from their peers, who have little of value to have stolen. Try as you might to depict otherwise, not every working-class hero is a working-class hero Income and status are nothing to do with whether someone is a scumbag - there are Philip Green type people who do what you describe, and there are no doubt a tiny number of carers (for example) who rob those they are looking after. A diversionary and silly thing to say.!

Do at least try and read what I post, and not make up what you would be happier me saying to support your argument.

I don't pretend to have solutions for everything, or even a small amount of things.

There are just one or two little things I would do that in my opinion would improve society, like the idea on toy guns being banned, banning hunting and punishing any form of animal cruelty severely, legalising all drugs and treating drug addiction as an illness, tightening tax laws and stopping any form of offshore investment, renationalising the railways and a few other things, taxing betting with all the money going to the NHS, stopping people fleecing the public and the vulnerable and stealing their pensions or savings, no arms sales to places like Saudi or Qatar, no support for corrupt places like Ukraine, proportional representation, mandatory organ donation cards, just a few teeny little tinkerings that will no doubt prove popular with all on here.:yes:

But back to the study - it was interesting, and most posters have found it so and had their two penneth on here, great. It had the purpose to inform and ignite discussion, as I have said a lot of times, Brexit isn't over yet by a long, long way and in my opinion, will not happen in real terms. Moves may be made with dressed-up names, but in reality nothing will change much on trade or borders, we will just all be a bit worse off though.

Agree with most of that especially the Brexit comment - how long since the out vote ?? And the faffing about still goes on !! only the rubbish endless soaps have gone on longer

A lot of people on here would also be able to tell you that when they were young, there was no problem in calling black people n**** or using the word w*g. hitting children, having lots of nice healthy cigarettes, hating the queers, having a shedload of drinks and then driving home and a ton of other things.

Or go back a bit further and I'm sure you'll tell me that the odd bit of slavery was fine, and sending children up chimneys at 8 years old never did them any harm - they didn't become mass murderers did they ?

Things progress, and will continue to do so, even if not in your world.

Lol what the duck has racism and slavery got to do with children playing soldiers and becoming mass murderers, yet letting children play with toy guns will.....

Funny even in your progressive world, black people still call each other n***a.....

Agree with most of that especially the Brexit comment - how long since the out vote ?? And the faffing about still goes on !! only the rubbish endless soaps have gone on longer

Hopefully, Brexit has now been rubber stamped despite all the delaying tactics.It seems the media has decided to give Trump a break and is now concentrating on the NHS?

Are you living on this planet ? When we were young you made your own toy guns out of sticks and ran around fields pretending to shoot each other, its called imagination, i can honestly say since those days i havent once felt the need to go on a mass killing mission. I suppose they shouldnt make toy soldiers, action men or water pistols either.

The mind boggles mate

Lol what the duck has racism and slavery got to do with children playing soldiers and becoming mass murderers, yet letting children play with toy guns will.....

Funny even in your progressive world, black people still call each other n***a.....

When we were kids we used to play cowboys and indians,have wig-wams,guns and bows and arrows.It seems to have gone out of fashion?

Most people in IT are parasites who earn far too much, mess up and delay projects and deliver a watered-down rubbish version of what is required. Many of them are like a mutated version of the norrible creatures in 'The Big Bang Theory', but slightly less exciting and with less common sense.

Let's face it...IT is an industry thatis saddled with older people whom have invested their monies from equity or redundancies to acquire the certifications that are available...most ground level jobs require certifications that require investments of £600 or more and more to take the more specilaised areas...they know...that the IT industry is one where there ARE skills shortages but to fill those skills people need to invest to gain them...most people need to get in some kind of Debt otherwise and let's face it...most people cannot do that.

When we were kids we used to play cowboys and indians,have wig-wams,guns and bows and arrows.It seems to have gone out of fashion?
Bows and arrows because they are dangerous, can soon make a playmate blind in one eye, happened to a lad close to us in Hanley.

Archived