onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Voter intelligence

Bea Smith

I found the observation that Brexit would never have been passed if voters were required to put anything more than an 'X' on their voting slip very amusing.....not that it has anything to do with this thread or that I agree with it in any way... just amusing.

I suspect Brexit would never have passed if there had been a proper debate on both sides as well.

Advert

Education does not give you common sense,if a wealthy man sends his idiot son to an expensive boarding school he leaves an educated idiot and whatever business or trade he follows he will be forever a grade 1 pillock.

Boris Johnson being a prime and pertinent example.

I suspect Brexit would never have passed if there had been a proper debate on both sides as well.

A distinct possibility but far from certain. But it was passed so whilst there can be campaigns re the terms of our leaving democracy has spoken.I voted remain but now just want the best deal that can be struck for the UK,Europe and indeed the rest of the world...we are leaving theEU so need to make the best of it that we can..let's get on with it

This piece is VERY long but it's absolutely fascinating. Pour yourself a drink before you start reading it.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/dominic-cummings-brexit-referendum-won/

Yes, thanks.

As you said, very long; I needed more than one drink! Very interesting though and as a believer in the principle of the EU it reinforced my thinking as to what an incompetent, pompous clown Cameron was (is). I doubt history will look kindly on him.

As I brought up that this is perhaps more about education than intelligence...a lot of recent research questions the validity of widely used IQ tests. An area of much research which many industries are interested in as they increasingly use IQ tests in recruitment.
How many in the areas studied went to private/public/Eton I wonder?

There was an article in the Sunday Times donkey's years ago asking, "What is intelligence". Always remember it used David Beckham as a example saying something like he's not good at calculus or nuclear physics but when he's on a football pitch he knows where every player is on the field in a 360o radius at any one time, so he's got the the intelligence needed to be a footballer but not so much a nuclear physicist.

It's about 0.8% but it's a consistent amount. I know it wasn't used for programming but it does show a vested interest.

The biggest amount the BBC received in any one year was £878,000. Its annual licence fee income is £3.7 million. You need to do the sum again!

Yes, thanks.

As you said, very long; I needed more than one drink! Very interesting though and as a believer in the principle of the EU it reinforced my thinking as to what an incompetent, pompous clown Cameron was (is). I doubt history will look kindly on him.

I read a book about how the Tories won the 2015 election. It had some amzing stuff in about how Lynton Crosby had managed their campaign by concentrating solely on the marginals and did as much face to face stuff as they could rather than concentrating on posters and stuff like that. I wonder if Cameron thought he knew how to win so didn't see that this was a totally different kind of "election".

Yes, thanks.

Uk history dosent look kindly on any of the recent pm a try to name one since Churchill it's very difficult imho

Archived