onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Voter intelligence

Bea Smith

Some very revealing and interesting information released this week, and on the BBC website about the amazing co-incidence between those who voted for Brexit and... well, have a look for yourself. And don't blame me, I'm only telling you what they found...:smile:

some extracts

Of the 1,283 individual wards analysed, the highest Leave vote was 82.5% in Brambles and Thorntree, a section of east Middlesbrough with many social problems.

Brambles and Thorntree had the lowest proportion of people with a degree or similar qualification of anywhere in England and Wales, at only 4%, according to Middlesbrough council.

A BBC breakdown of localised voting areas found that less educated, older and white voters were more likely to have voted Leave.

In Oxford, the cluster of polling districts which included Blackbird Leys and other deprived estates on the southern edge of the city voted to Leave at 51% - a sharp contrast to the central areas containing colleges, university buildings and student accommodation, which *voted to Remain at over 80%.

Advert

Some very revealing and interesting information released this week, and on the BBC website about the amazing co-incidence between those who voted for Brexit and... well, have a look for yourself. And don't blame me, I'm only telling you what they found...:smile:

some extracts

Of the 1,283 individual wards analysed, the highest Leave vote was 82.5% in Brambles and Thorntree, a section of east Middlesbrough with many social problems.

Brambles and Thorntree had the lowest proportion of people with a degree or similar qualification of anywhere in England and Wales, at only 4%, according to Middlesbrough council.

A BBC breakdown of localised voting areas found that less educated, older and white voters were more likely to have voted Leave.

In Oxford, the cluster of polling districts which included Blackbird Leys and other deprived estates on the southern edge of the city voted to Leave at 51% - a sharp contrast to the central areas containing colleges, university buildings and student accommodation, which *voted to Remain at over 80%.

I voted out, dont have a degree............................ But I can spell intelligence :razz:

I voted out, dont have a degree............................ But I can spell intelligence :razz:

Presumably you can make typing errors too or are you totally perfect?

Typical to have a go at the poster, not the post, and not even have any interesting comments on the analysis. Do tell us what you think, and mind you don't make a typing error.

They give a levels and gcses out with cereal boxes these days. Plus the BBC talk out their arse, their propaganda is nearly as bad as Goebbels.

Why not apply for a GCSE (or GCS What? as Vikki Pollard referred to it) or A Level in Propaganda Studies then get a highly paid job at the BBC spouting biased opinions based from a grain of distorted truth?

If the BBC aren't setting on then you could cast aside the propaganda training and seek employment with an honest, truthful and well balanced informative newspaper that never expresses any biased opinions or makes up things to suit its own beliefs, like, say, The Daily Mail, The Sun (no big words please), The Daily Telegraph (for the more educated bigot) or The Daily Express (for the full-on neo-Nazi 'truth')?

The BBC is a fine institution, a real national treasure and has a legal duty under the terms of its constitution to be unbiased, accurate and truthful in its reporting, which it almost always is and always has been.

the north east have always had deprived areas so have stoke, stoke north ,central and south together with Hartlepool were the 4 most deprived areas in the british isles some years ago and since then we've lost pits and pots so the only change there has been is for the worse.

Presumably you can make typing errors too or are you totally perfect?

Typical to have a go at the poster, not the post, and not even have any interesting comments on the analysis. Do tell us what you think, and mind you don't make a typing error.

You seem to seem to take great pleasure attacking the voters who voted out, accusing them of a lack of intelligence because they don't have a degree, which incidentally are handed out like sweeties from Smurfs jar.

I don't like the sneering of the chattering classes who assume that voting out was based on a lack of intelligence.

Had to edit it for you, spelling errors irritate me to no end haha!

I wouldn't necessarily say it's voter intelligence, as access to education & a person's intelligence are two completely different things. You can educate any stupid person & give them knowledge (providing they can be bothered to apply themselves), however being naturally intelligent is an ability you're born with (although they are linked as it obviously helps you to absorb information & decipher it).

If you think about it though, it makes sense for there to be a direct correlation between less educated people & a leave vote though. Not because these people are stupid, but because they live in a more run down area (where education is less readily available), & they're more likely to be unhappy with their lives in such areas, so would naturally want change (e.g. a protest vote).

What type of jobs are available there? Low paid not needing higher education? Of course lots that have the qualifications are likely to move out making the figures worse. But the growth of higher paid jobs is always in the bigger cities, where is all the new housing proposed today? London and Manchester make the headlines, why not move the jobs to the housing?

I wouldn't necessarily say it's voter intelligence, as access to education & a person's intelligence are two completely different things. You can educate any stupid person & give them knowledge (providing they can be bothered to apply themselves), however being naturally intelligent is an ability you're born with (although they are linked as it obviously helps you to absorb information & decipher it).

If you think about it though, it makes sense for there to be a direct correlation between less educated people & a leave vote though. Not because these people are stupid, but because they live in a more run down area (where education is less readily available), & they're more likely to be unhappy with their lives in such areas, so would naturally want change (e.g. a protest vote).

Education does not give you common sense,if a wealthy man sends his idiot son to an expensive boarding school he leaves an educated idiot and whatever business or trade he follows he will be forever a grade 1 pillock.

Firstly, for Mario and his pals, you might like to know that I don't have a degree. I totally agree with the facts supplied about deprived areas, as many people from those areas will not have degrees for the same reason as I couldn't go to uni - lack of (parents) funds. Others have different but valid social reasons.

I disagree that degrees are given out like 'sweeties' though (cue Smurf joke) but will also say that some uni students have less common sense than a bar of soap.

The BBC analysis is interesting, and especially the strange parts of it such as that immigrant groups generally voted to Remain, but some Asian groups in some constituencies tended to want to Leave.

I think your last paragraph is critical and more relevant than anything I have read elsewhere - that many who voted Leave did so as a protest vote, and the protests covered the whole range of things and people. Many wanted to stick one up Cameron, others were annoyed with Labour, Liberals and so on, but because all of the establishment wanted to Remain it was so tempting to say Leave. An alliance of opposites that was just about enough.

So many people have said they would vote differently now if they had the chance, and that they only voted Leave out of annoyance, but didn't think for a moment they would win - and I suspect the same is true with Trump winning.

Education does not give you common sense,if a wealthy man sends his idiot son to an expensive boarding school he leaves an educated idiot and whatever business or trade he follows he will be forever a grade 1 pillock.

I agree with that, you only have to glance at the Royal Family, the House of Lords and many leading politicians especially Cameron/Osborne's Eton group, but also some from Labour and other parties.

So many people have said they would vote differently now if they had the chance, and that they only voted Leave out of annoyance, but didn't think for a moment they would win - and I suspect the same is true with Trump winning.

This would not be debated if so many, more prosperous country areas had not voted to leave. Thus unfair to blame less prosperous areas for the result, quite understandably they voted against their situation as they thought best. Sadly I cannot see their situation changing in my lifetime, hopefully I will not see another world war.

I have a degree and I voted out. I'd vote out tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day.

I certainly don't think that people who voted to remain are more intelligent. They may be educted to a higher standard but many of them can't see the wood for the trees so it's hasn't helped them that much.

Archived