onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Voter intelligence

Bea Smith

How many in the areas studied went to private/public/Eton I wonder?

I can't know for certain but I'd guess that a lot that did get an education moved away to where the relevant jobs are..further reducing the 'average' level of education attainment in these areas, leaving behind perfectly intelligent but perhaps less educated people?

Advert

They give a levels and gcses out with cereal boxes these days. Plus the BBC talk out their arse, their propaganda is nearly as bad as Goebbels.

The BBC is embarrassing at the moment, I hold them in the same contempt as the Daily Mail for peddling sensationalist tripe.

Common Sense is a form of intelligence yet so many educated people fail to show they possess it

I worked for over thirty years in senior IT positions mixing with some highly qualified academics and I struggle to think of one who had a modecum of commen sense. If it's not in a text book we are lost attitude similar to school teachers today if u have any dealings with them - Kid turns up fa school with a toy plAstic gun received as a xmas present so teacher reports to head who fones the police under the prevent terror act

That's appalling..got a link to that story?

Of course until you know it's a toy plastic gun it's arguably common sense to treat it as real..after all if you didn't and then the lad popped a cap in yo ass you'd feel a bit stupid.

The story was on yesterday's BBC2 news and the child's parent was extensively interveiwed , they even had the plastic gun on show and it was quite clearly a toy and cud in no wAy be confused with anything else

Common Sense is a form of intelligence yet so many educated people fail to show they possess it

They don't have to, money school and daddy's name are all they need to have an easy ride,life passes them by in a social whirl whilst the rest of us graduate from a school that they never had to attend, the school of life...

They don't have to, money school and daddy's name are all they need to have an easy ride,life passes them by in a social whirl whilst the rest of us graduate from a school that they never had to attend, the school of life...

So all educated people come from a background of money and have used daddy's name and have an easy ride? I beg to differ

So all educated people come from a background of money and have used daddy's name and have an easy ride? I beg to differ

There's a few on here who share that ******** opinion. I think they've never heard of hard work, dedication and risk-taking? Also called aspiration!

Archived