onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Voter intelligence

Bea Smith

Very sad but by that logic cricket should be banned after all people have died after being hit by the ball, rugby union should go (serious injury risk), skiing, gymnastics, darts (lethal in the wrong hands), crossing the road...life is full of risks

And yes I'd say the same thing to the lad's parents.

He didn't have a bow and arrow, as with my parents they were considered too dangerous as a toy. Nothing wrong with Archery safely organised, as with all the other sports etc, there are acceptable risks in sport and life, some people take them some don't. But children are not aware of all the risks in life, it is an adults responsibility to protect them.

Advert

I'm still not getting any REAl evidence from you of the so-called "selfish & corrupt" Tories. You mention pensions, but omit to remeber that it was Gordon Brown who made the biggest raid in history on yours and my pension pots, not the Tories. NHS spending has gone up under the current government and tax allowances have been increased more than at other time under this administration. Public spending, rather than being tightened (as it should IMO) has grown during the coalition and this current parliament. Let's have some facts please , not the paranoid sprouting that we see above.

Too easy to say stop this and stop that..it's the how that matters

One that's close to my heart is organ donation (bad choice of words). I'd not make it mandatory but I would make it that one has to opt out rather than opt in. I'd also allow those that choose not to opt out to be able to specify if they are Ok with their organs being used to help those that have opted out. They are mine so should be my choice and I'd hate to deprive someone in need..at least if my bits and **** help someone then they get help, their family does and I know my family would feel better about it. It would not help my family to know that my organs hadn't been used to help someone when they could have been.

I'm still not getting any REAl evidence from you of the so-called "selfish & corrupt" Tories. You mention pensions, but omit to remeber that it was Gordon Brown who made the biggest raid in history on yours and my pension pots, not the Tories. NHS spending has gone up under the current government and tax allowances have been increased more than at other time under this administration. Public spending, rather than being tightened (as it should IMO) has grown during the coalition and this current parliament. Let's have some facts please , not the paranoid sprouting that we see above.

don't mention that one eyed scotch ******* who introduced the Robert Maxwell memorial tax.:ninja:

He didn't have a bow and arrow, as with my parents they were considered too dangerous as a toy. Nothing wrong with Archery safely organised, as with all the other sports etc, there are acceptable risks in sport and life, some people take them some don't. But children are not aware of all the risks in life, it is an adults responsibility to protect them.

Of course where the adults are irresponsible then the authorities have to step in but in the vast majority of cases I 100% agree

Plus many sports are not played in an organised environment...a football match in the street, a cricket match on the local playing field, a rugby game between mates, riding your bike no handed . Jeez we used to make these large throwing arrows with a piece of cane and some playing cards and if you got the technique right they'd travel 100s of yards..now that was dangerous. yet the only serious incident I can remember was in a football match at school where some guy bit the end off his tongue...very painful, very bl00dy and very much unpreventable unless you ban schoolboy football or make everyone where some sort of mouth guard.

What would you expect to have happened by now? If we are where we would expect to be then there has been no faffing

So at the next election whoever wins can wait for over six months to take control why we explore all options to see if they can take up there posts and if it's legally correct to do so whatever technical term u care to use its FAFFING ABOUT

Of course where the adults are irresponsible then the authorities have to step in but in the vast majority of cases I 100% agree

Plus many sports are not played in an organised environment...a football match in the street, a cricket match on the local playing field, a rugby game between mates, riding your bike no handed . Jeez we used to make these large throwing arrows with a piece of cane and some playing cards and if you got the technique right they'd travel 100s of yards..now that was dangerous. yet the only serious incident I can remember was in a football match at school where some guy bit the end off his tongue...very painful, very bl00dy and very much unpreventable unless you ban schoolboy football or make everyone where some sort of mouth guard.

Does anybody play conkers these days or has that been banned?I remember soaking conkers in vinegar for many months to make them harder for the monthly school competition.

So at the next election whoever wins can wait for over six months to take control why we explore all options to see if they can take up there posts and if it's legally correct to do so whatever technical term u care to use its FAFFING ABOUT

Some things take as long as they take no matter how hard one tries to move them fwd. personally I had no expectation that by now anything would have happened (in the public domain) other than us being closer to triggering article 50. Due process has to be followed.

Some things take as long as they take no matter how hard one tries to move them fwd. personally I had no expectation that by now anything would have happened (in the public domain) other than us being closer to triggering article 50. Due process has to be followed.

The referendum was promised several years ago and although the result was a shock the powers that be employ lots of legal brains at our expense so should have had a legal plan to cover the result if it said out of the Eu and the day after the result the process to leave should start NOT go oh my god that basket of deplorables have ignored us and voted leave what do we do now!! It's called faffing as I said before

The referendum was promised several years ago and although the result was a shock the powers that be employ lots of legal brains at our expense so should have had a legal plan to cover the result if it said out of the Eu and the day after the result the process to leave should start NOT go oh my god that basket of deplorables have ignored us and voted leave what do we do now!! It's called faffing as I said before

I agree that there should have been some planning for a leave result and I believe that there was but due process meant that we could not have parliamentary votes, negotiations with the EU and so on until the result was known. We could not dedicate millions of pounds of resources to a process that may not have had to happen.

Plus the result of any negotiations could have affected the vote..the EU would have negotiated from a position of wanting us to remain as would the Conservative govt. They surely could not be allowed to do this?

Given that this didn't happen before the vote we are probably exactly where we'd expect to be..plus a lot may have been happening that has not been made public yet

I agree that there should have been some planning for a leave result and I believe that there was but due process meant that we could not have parliamentary votes, negotiations with the EU and so on until the result was known. We could not dedicate millions of pounds of resources to a process that may not have had to happen.

Plus the result of any negotiations could have affected the vote..the EU would have negotiated from a position of wanting us to remain as would the Conservative govt. They surely could not be allowed to do this?

Given that this didn't happen before the vote we are probably exactly where we'd expect to be..plus a lot may have been happening that has not been made public yet

Fair pionts but u still don't convince me it's anything more than a dogs dinner or poor comedy sketch where a process can be delayed by things like a rod Stewart lookalike plumber from London taking the government to the high court cus he didn't like the referendum result

Some very revealing and interesting information released this week, and on the BBC website about the amazing co-incidence between those who voted for Brexit and... well, have a look for yourself. And don't blame me, I'm only telling you what they found...:smile:

some extracts

Of the 1,283 individual wards analysed, the highest Leave vote was 82.5% in Brambles and Thorntree, a section of east Middlesbrough with many social problems.

Brambles and Thorntree had the lowest proportion of people with a degree or similar qualification of anywhere in England and Wales, at only 4%, according to Middlesbrough council.

A BBC breakdown of localised voting areas found that less educated, older and white voters were more likely to have voted Leave.

In Oxford, the cluster of polling districts which included Blackbird Leys and other deprived estates on the southern edge of the city voted to Leave at 51% - a sharp contrast to the central areas containing colleges, university buildings and student accommodation, which *voted to Remain at over 80%.

This thread comes across as plain arrogant and cocky, its quite obvious what assumptions and undertones are being made here, you might as well just remove the smug little veil and be out in the open with your contempt.

I dont understand what you personally have against the poor, uneducated folk of britain for a voting decision and why you live in stoke, its self loathing and insulting to the 70% of leave voters of stoke, maybe you should move to a more perfect area of the country.

Personally i didnt finish half my education due to my parents dying and i still run a self made business and have a family, what a lovely kind spirited person, sorry this is my first post but i just find this generally offensive and uncalled for.

This thread comes across as plain arrogant and cocky, its quite obvious what assumptions and undertones are being made here, you might as well just remove the smug little veil and be out in the open with your contempt.

I dont understand what you personally have against the poor, uneducated folk of britain for a voting decision and why you live in stoke, its self loathing and insulting to the 70% of leave voters of stoke, maybe you should move to a more perfect area of the country.

Personally i didnt finish half my education due to my parents dying and i still run a self made business and have a family, what a lovely kind spirited person, sorry this is my first post but i just find this generally offensive and uncalled for.

As it is your first post, there might be one or two things you could learn before making a second one -

1. The thread is not making assumptions - YOU are, as I will show. Wrong ones too. The thread was to promote discussion, nothing more, and it is what internet threads are about. Discuss, don't look for motive. If you don't like what I say, argue the opposite - ignore me, I don't exist except as a digital entity.

2. I have nothing against the poor or uneducated and am one of them in that I have virtually no assets (but fortunately no debt either), but I am intelligent according to IQ tests and the like, and have a job and my health.

DONT ASSUME - Your story about your parents is not going to cut any ice with me, as my own parents did not have the finance to send me to uni, even though I had the required entry results. This is why I say I am intelligent but not educated.

Even though it is not your business, and I find it galling that you had to mention your own parents dying in this thread, mine also died far younger than I would have wished and whilst I was/am still not considering myself old - HAPPY NOW ?

I really don't think you should make it necessary for other posters to explain personal circumstances and similar private family things because you have formed a view based on their opinions on something like politics to be honest. Politics are a very small part of life.

Another wrong assumption (not doing too well, are you, even as a mystery first poster ) is that I still live in Stoke - I am in the Rotherham area now, parts of which make the Potteries look like St Tropez. The vast majority of the people are great though, just as they are in Stoke whatever they voted.

Good luck with your 'self-made business' (I hope it isn't fortune telling though) and a family that I hope you don't make so many bad assumptions about, but do tell me - what is it that you finish by saying you find offensive and uncalled for - the thread? my opinion? your own wrong assumptions and view of Stoke?

Anyway, Wendy, I'll make one assumption and hope I am right - that by your user name you like pets,(though you don't sound a very happy cat as your name suggests) as I have a lot of time for both dogs and cats and all other animals, so perhaps you are the 'lovely kind-spirited person' you say, but please don't assume all sorts about people and perhaps offer some views on the thread content itself. :wink::yes:

Have a nice weekend - do you support Vale and have anything to say about them by the way ?

Very sad but by that logic cricket should be banned after all people have died after being hit by the ball, rugby union should go (serious injury risk), skiing, gymnastics, darts (lethal in the wrong hands), crossing the road...life is full of risks

And yes I'd say the same thing to the lad's parents.

A very thin and unsubstantiated argument, as darts are not meant to be thrown at people, gymnastics is not a support where you attack people, rugby union is played as a sport to score tries not attack people and crossing the road has no ill intent for most folk.

Gun play and fake weapon play (even bow and arrows) are morally wrong as well as physically as they are inherently aggressive and express the intent to injure or kill. Hunting defencesless animals for sport/enjoyment rather than food is for psychopaths only.

If people want to play with bows and arrows for proper reasons there are archery clubs, and there is nothing wrong with them. If an accident happened at one of those it would be unfortunate but fall into your 'acceptable risks' category - aiming even toy weapons directly at another child or person DOES NOT.

Archived