onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Grants gone

blackdog

Advert

Let's just say he wasn't the most co-operative individual.

I've heard the complete opposite about him all season. One of the players that was always up for it behind the scenes to try and get the new lads and the management on board with how things should be done and what was expected of them to play for Port Vale. A respected member of the dressing room.

I liked him, he has quality but throughout this career he tends to join a new club, plays a blinder for the first year, gets bored then becomes disruptive.

Did he state why he handed a transfer request in twice? Usually players say it's because they want to play higher or move closer to home etc. I thought it was because he didn't like Bruno but he did it again after he left!

Getting 6 figures is excellent though for a defensive mid.

Got a feeling he'll be immense for them for the rest of the season then look to leave next year!

The simple fact is that Grand and Alnwick were perhaps best 2 players at Scunthorpe. What we got back?

Not a lot really, I just hope the on loan boys are up for a scrap knowing full well that they probably wont be here next season.

If any two players were going to leave you would have thought targets were lined up, I also understand that deals can fall through for various reasons, but I cant help feeling we have been short changed yet again, considering Browney said we had made a big bid for a lad not so long ago you would have hoped for a bit better on deadline day, by that I mean a couple of players experienced on 2 year contracts.

Not a lot really, I just hope the on loan boys are up for a scrap knowing full well that they probably wont be here next season.

If any two players were going to leave you would have thought targets were lined up, I also understand that deals can fall through for various reasons, but I cant help feeling we have been short changed yet again, considering Browney said we had made a big bid for a lad not so long ago you would have hoped for a bit better on deadline day, by that I mean a couple of players experienced on 2 year contracts.

Smurf wont pay the wages decent players command.

Smurf wont pay the wages decent players command.

I think he would, if he hadn't been conned in to thinking it would be a good idea to go with a 35-man squad for the season despite his thoughts to the contrary. We've spread the budget too thinly. It feels like we say this every season, but once we get to the summer we can clear out the deadwood and try to move on with a smaller squad. I would imagine given the moves Brown has already made, he would also like to have a smaller squad with more quality.

It's funny how Grant never seems to settle at one club for long. That said, I can appreciate and see why perhaps he and Purkiss and JJ fell out with Bruno and got frustrated with his tactics, incompetency and knowledge of the English game. Grant also saw several good players shown the door in the summer and no doubt decided that the Club was on a downward trend and wanted out. It wasn't only some of the fans who predicted problems this season. I'm sure he felt he was joining a club on the up after leaving Crewe and was hoping for a promotion push this year but sadly we've gone backwards.

I still think that we need to plan for next season now. Barring a miracle this season is dead and buried. All the teams in leagues two and three who get promotion have 8 to 10 players on 40 apperances plus. We need a half decent and settled side to go forward the planning needs to be done sooner rather than later, get the nucleus signed up now.

Archived