onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ryan taylor

Sick_Valiant

Advert

I'm not arguing with the fact that he hasn't pulled up any trees and I think we all expected better, but he has had a terrible time with injuries over the past couple of years and I'm sure that's why he didn't have a club. For his sake I hope he gets fixed up and keeps fit. He needs a pre-season I suspect before he's fully up to speed. Occasionally he can pick out a long pass and he has put the penalties away with aplomb but I don't think I've seen him at an 8 or 9/10 for us, more like 5 or 6/10. However, we don't know how valuable his experience and know how has been to a very young and inexperienced squad.

Wasn't there talk of him going to the USA?

Was completely outshone by a 20-year-old debutant last night. I've never quite understood what he's bought to Vale (anyone can take a penalty) - if he was on a big wage then good riddance because he's certainly not worthy of being paid more than the others.

Anyone can take a penalty but we have seen a number of players miss them!

Thomas has gone off the boil, lately hasn't he?

He didn't get a kick at the Terriers and though he saw a lot of the ball last night for the first 25 minutes his crossing, I thought, was very poor, and he disappeared completely from the game in the second half.

We looked desperately short of a wide player last night after half time. The full backs as we've said don't get forward to the byline any more and we don't have any trickery/pace down the flanks, especially when Thomas is off form, although he has never been lightening fast anyway.

A good, quick winger would be a big asset.

Thomas has gone off the boil, lately hasn't he?

He didn't get a kick at the Terriers and though he saw a lot of the ball last night for the first 25 minutes his crossing, I thought, was very poor, and he disappeared completely from the game in the second half.

We looked desperately short of a wide player last night after half time. The full backs as we've said don't get forward to the byline any more and we don't have any trickery/pace down the flanks, especially when Thomas is off form, although he has never been lightening fast anyway.

A good, quick winger would be a big asset.

Maybe Danny Rowe could be the one should he sign,he can play on either the left or right or attacking midfield

Someone like that - yes.

I think it would make a big difference to the team. Suddenly, we've got 4 strikers. I'm not saying they are all fantastic but all 4 of them look to be able to play at this level.

What we now need is some service to them. Guy looked promising on debut. Thomas is decent. Foley we all like as he can get from box to box as well. But we don't have that lightening pace and threat down the wings.

I'd be surprised if by the end of January we don't see a lot more changes. A cover centre back is a must. Maybe a full back. And definitely a winger.

Archived