onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown, Port Vale Temporary Manager 26 Dec 2016

Fosse69

Brown deserves his chance in the the short term, he does have bits and bobs to work with in that team but I hope the players rally round him and now feel free to enjoy their football cus I'm sure they didn't under Bruno. Brown should bring Purkiss in from the cold and decide who is the best man to be our captain because I don't think this multiple captain thing works at all.

Advert

It isn't rocket science. We need a proven manager. When we brought in Adams he had a good proven track record not only in the lower leagues but also in the ones above. His CV was full of big clubs with big demands.

He went on to be superb for us.

Every other manager be it Sinnott, Gannon, Bruno, Glover, Page have all been poor because they simply had no experience of doing anything good.

The only other manager who would be a fit in the Adams mould based on history who is realistic would be Adkins.

Sorry if someone has already said this (not read the whole thread) but I wanted Brown in the summer. I felt it would be good for continuity and not rock the boat.

Yes, he has no experience but then any appointment (experienced or not) is a gamble. You can get someone with experience (like Gannon) and it can still be a disaster. Rudge, like Brown, was a total rookie and it worked.

So, for me it's not about previous success it's about his character. I think he seems to be driven, level headed and has vast experience as a player. He also knows the club well and the strengths and weaknesses of the player. Those are all good things.

So, I would welcome it if he takes his chance and proves to be a good manager. I guess the next couple of games will be crucial because if he doesn't work out Vale will need to act quickly if the new man is to get time in the January window.

p.s. I also would not be surprised if Purkiss and JJ Hooper (when his loan expires) would come into Brown teams.

Sorry if someone has already said this (not read the whole thread) but I wanted Brown in the summer. I felt it would be good for continuity and not rock the boat.

Yes, he has no experience but then any appointment (experienced or not) is a gamble. You can get someone with experience (like Gannon) and it can still be a disaster. Rudge, like Brown, was a total rookie and it worked.

So, for me it's not about previous success it's about his character. I think he seems to be driven, level headed and has vast experience as a player. He also knows the club well and the strengths and weaknesses of the player. Those are all good things.

So, I would welcome it if he takes his chance and proves to be a good manager. I guess the next couple of games will be crucial because if he doesn't work out Vale will need to act quickly if the new man is to get time in the January window.

p.s. I also would not be surprised if Purkiss and JJ Hooper (when his loan expires) would come into Brown teams.

Agreed, and I will back him, but as I said on another thread Brown was assistant manager, in the old regime why did he not point out to Bruno what he was doing wrong? 11 matches is a long time seeing the same old, or did he try, was ignored, so sat back and carried on picking his wages up hoping it would get better which was not good for the VALE...the same with Smith but he was a Bruno follower.If Brown did do that he'd benefit from a chat to "the horse"...he had VALE to heart.

Agreed, and I will back him, but as I said on another thread Brown was assistant manager, in the old regime why did he not point out to Bruno what he was doing wrong? 11 matches is a long time seeing the same old, or did he try, was ignored, so sat back and carried on picking his wages up hoping it would get better which was not good for the VALE...the same with Smith but he was a Bruno follower.If Brown did do that he'd benefit from a chat to "the horse"...he had VALE to heart.

I would guess he tried, was ignored, and merely bided his time until the inevitable happened, knowing full-well he would take over.

I wonder what Michael browns thoughts are on formations and tactics. Has he spoke to the media since his appointment?

I don't actually feel that there's an awful lot that a new manager needs to do. Playing the right players in the correct formation would be a start. I think we have more quality in the squad than recent performances would suggest but it's a question of utilising that quality.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Brown asking Colin at Cardiff for a couple of quality loans either.

Yes you'd have thought he'd be gone too. So surely Brown will need to add some of his own backroom staff.

I hope Andy Smith is gone too - nothing personal but it would be really divisive to have Bruno's right hand man still at the club while Brown, as caretaker manager, tries to make his mark. We need a clean sweep in management terms so that Brown can start to work on rebuilding the squad, the players' confidence and the fans' support.

Agreed, and I will back him, but as I said on another thread Brown was assistant manager, in the old regime why did he not point out to Bruno what he was doing wrong? 11 matches is a long time seeing the same old, or did he try, was ignored

Brown, who was Ribeiro's assistant manager, has been placed in temporary charge and would like to get the job on a more permanent basis. The 39 year old was appointed by Smurthwaite rather than Ribeiro in June. In fact, the chairman says Brown wasn't as closely involved in the management of the team under Ribeiro as he would have liked him to be.

Read more at http://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/port-vale-norman-smurthwaite-ready-to-back-new-manager-in-january/story-30013090-detail/story.html#jZoZiFjLj7uShOkl.99

Archived