onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown, Port Vale Temporary Manager 26 Dec 2016

Fosse69

Advert

I'd like him to get a temp manager to work alongside. Maybe John Rudge, Micky Adams - someone else who can help him steady the ship and then take it on full time on his own in the summer once we're safe.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I'd like him to get a temp manager to work alongside. Maybe John Rudge, Micky Adams - someone else who can help him steady the ship and then take it on full time on his own in the summer once we're safe.

I can see your point but Rudgy is about 75 now and not sure Adams is the answer, also if we're going to bring someone like that in to help Browny, we may as well just bring in a big name as manager.]

The Smurthwaite cheap option strikes again. As the cliche goes, "I'd love to be proved wrong" but how the chairman can once again think using part of the problem to resolve the problem is a good idea, is beyond me. It's not, it's madness and it's an accident waiting to happen.

A lot will depend on who stays and who goes, does Smurf try and hang on to Smith, at least until the end of the season? Will Grant go, what about other players who clearly looked today like they wanted off?

What about the players we know just aren't up-to the grade and who look unlikely to ever achieve it, will they be shipped out, can they be shipped out?

I think Brown was always likely to be 'Plan B' and I hope he can bring stability in the short term along with enough points to stay up.

If he gets the job long-term he will have a monumental task in turning around the playing staff into something like a team capable of aiming for the top six but hopefully both he and Norman have learned much in the last 5 months and the club can move forward in the coming weeks/months.

Good luck to the new Messiah.

Get a decent manager in for once

Indeed. Its bizarre that a man that consistently bangs on about budgets and how much money he puts in, scrimps and goes for the cheap option on the most important role at the football club, whilst then sanctioning a squad of 35+ players (and says the plan is to sign even more players).

He may have been a huge success in business but when it comes to football he is naive and has been so ever since buying the club over 4 years ago.

I can see your point but Rudgy is about 75 now and not sure Adams is the answer, also if we're going to bring someone like that in to help Browny, we may as well just bring in a big name as manager.]

Rudgie's only just gone 72 and may still have something to offer. What we've missed all through this sorry affair is an old head who knows his football. Smurf, and Brown, could do a lot worse than Rudgie. Whether he'd want it of course is a different matter.

Rudgie's only just gone 72 and may still have something to offer. What we've missed all through this sorry affair is an old head who knows his football. Smurf, and Brown, could do a lot worse than Rudgie. Whether he'd want it of course is a different matter.

A quick and cheap option would be Andy Porter who is already on the books coaching the kids.A bonus would be his father in law is John Rudge who could help out if asked.

First lets get rid of the players not good enough to make the squad most should have clauses in their contracts about minimum games played or would jump at a small payoff to go.

Most will be on peanuts anyway.

Some of us are stuck in a frigging time warp.

Adams. Rudge. Porter. The sentimentality of appointing old names as the new manager has to stop and be replaced with logic. Every time we're looking for a new manager this phenomenon of wanting to hire literally anybody connected to the 1996-1997 squad comes up.

I'd hire Rudge as a part-time consultant though.

Archived