onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gary Rowett

boslemportvale91

Advert

I work with a blues fan, apparently they turned up for work this morning and were told they were sacked, Rowett and all the backroom staff, about 6 of them in total.

They were bottom when Rowett took over and finished 10th, 10th the following season and just 3 points off 3rd place now. My mate can't believe it.

This is a shocking decision by the new owners, obviously hoping to trade on Zola's reputation as a player! Francly(!) I hope it goes ****-up for them! Sack a manager of a team that's losing games and is stuck at the bottom of the table - but not one who's working miracles with a team that had been struggling! Crazy!!

Incidentally - didn't we have some ******* on here, recently, saying something about only the Vale would be daft enough to appoint a rookie manager??? Seems like Jaap Stam's doing ok!

Incidentally - didn't we have some ******* on here, recently, saying something about only the Vale would be daft enough to appoint a rookie manager??? Seems like Jaap Stam's doing ok!

Japp Stam had five years experience of as being assistant coach at two clubs in Holland, the last three at Ajax who finished first and had two seconds in the Eredivisie during his time there. Stam and and Bruno were rookie managers in England but Stam has quality experience at one of Europe's top clubs for a decent periood of time and had a good track record of success, compared that to Bruno's track record which is sketchy to say the least. Add to that Stam's stellar playing career and it easy to see why Reading took a chance on him.

Far cry from a club taking a punt on Bruno, reputedly based solely on a recommendation, with such a sketchy track record in management/coaching who jumped around seven clubs in five years during his managerial career prior to Vale spending less than a couple of months at three of them and the most time spent at any one club was ca 11 months. Vale are about to find out over the next 4 months or so whather Bruno was the right appointment.

I guess the edited bit was another insult which i will ignore this time, you should try and accept people have diffent opinions to yourself and enter into reasoned debate.

. Vale are about to find out over the next 4 months or so whather Bruno was the right appointment.

Funny how its going to take another 4 months for Vale to find out yet you have been banging on about Bruno being the wrong appointment for what seems like an eternity now. I think he could still be right for Vale but it's too early to tell either way. You seem to have made up your mind based on his short managerial history so regardless of results (No credit whatsoever given for any wins this year) you don't seem like you will be changing that tune any time soon either however repetitive and boring it is to listen to!

BAck on topic: Can't believe Rowett has been sacked. Rash managerial sackings and fans calling on managers heads after less than half a season is a truly ugly stain on the beautiful game we all love.

Aup ah kid, is that a Christmas 'Panto joke :razz:

Not really, what I was trying to say is that money could be poured into Brum in spite of Fair Play rules, writing a few £Ms off well worth the risk for the chance of Prem riches. Talking of Panto jokes, at a Xmas dinner today I was asked why are Notts doing so badly? The answer being 3 Vale players in their team, myself being the butt of the joke.

Archived