onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Northampton T

Fosse69

Reg is far from that but is definitely the best option that we have on our books when we only play with one man up front.

Like reggie he gives it everything every time ive seen him play all of a sudden the ball is in there half and we r on the front foot and Streete and Smith r given a breather from last ditch defending all game thanks to the other forwards not gaining one iota of control of the ball in the oppositions half until the big legends introduction .

Advert

Whatever he is, he was one boring fart,the football was dire, 1-0 away defeat 68th minute onwards ( away ). No idea what to do once had conceded the goal, beaten before a ball kicked at places like Sheff Utd.

Not always. Some of our home performances were the best since Rudge's tenure. Whilst I've been unlucky with the games I've seen this season, the last Page performance I saw (vs Rochdale) was really great.

Not always. Some of our home performances were the best since Rudge's tenure. Whilst I've been unlucky with the games I've seen this season, the last Page performance I saw (vs Rochdale) was really great.

That is why i put away in brackets, Wigan at home was one of the best games in years for excitement. I was alluding to the aways as a regular follower, without harping on it was Southend, Bury, Bradford, Sheff Utd, etc etc. The away games or the majority were truly awful, that said we are no further under Mr Ribeiro either.

I'm gonna risk going this one see what all the fuss is with this Big Reg guy he sounds world class.

Hi Michael,

If you really haven’t seen Reggie yet???

You will be disappointed when you do.

He’s not the messiah.

He's not world class.

He’s just a young man who does his best.

This has made a big difference in many of the games he has played in.

However, he does not do it alone.

He is always supported by other such like young men doing their best.

This is a major reason why he is so influential.

On Sunday, from the off, he was surrounded by five other players and between them, they played some very neat pass and move football.

In other games, he has had other players around him.

He does his bit; his control is good and he creates space for others.

But he’s not the messiah.

So, if you go expecting something special; forget it.

It won’t happen.

I'm not sure why there is so much fondness towards Rob Page? I never believed Smurf's "cunning plan" - I always thought that was a hastily-made up attempt at face-saving, for the unexpected departure of a very average manager?

Criticism levelled at RP have been much heavier than at Bruno - the retained list; unimaginative play, especially away from home, etc... - the difference is RP played more of his favourites than Bruno; left potential game-changers on the bench, or out of the squad completely; had an older and vastly more experienced squad and was, on the whole, guilty of producing a team that played pretty boring stuff, much of the time. Bruno has a record of subs that change the game; a much younger and more inexperienced squad that has, early on before we got injuries to key players, showed much more promise than most of what RP put out! When he first took on the Northampton job, they had the impetus of promotion carrying them forward - now they've had a reality check, and the reality is their manager is fairly one-dimensional and un-inspirational.

Personally - other than this post - I'm not bothered about ex-players or managers coming back here. I always hope they get turned over and take nothing away from their defection! Vale to win 2 - 0, Reg and Jones! Maybe 3- 0 if Smith / Streete enjoy the chance to get forwards.

Archived