onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Matchday Thread: Port Vale v Northampton T

Fosse69

Pope had a long fruitless spell before the glorious promotion season. Reggie is a lot younger and clearly has a lot to learn....but I'd much rather try our luck with him than go back to the conveyor belt of has-beens like N'Guessan, Patterson & Theo Robinson etc.

We were in Lge 2 when we signed Pope, I'd have prefered us sign a Championship/good Lge 1 striker if possible and with all the signings that have been made surely that should have been possible at the expense of 4 or 5 fringe players.

Advert

Oohh, showing your age there!

I started going the Vale when I was 6 so am still "relatively young", age will also creep up on you if you're lucky :smile:

Maybe Reg can be like Lee, son of Roy Chapman, who won a league title with Leeds by letting the ball hit him in the face / groin / backside, etc. and diverting into the net!:laugh:

Your clutching at straws with that one but nice try.

I have no good will for Rob Page, Vale gave him his route into management and he did a mediocre job for us. Make no mistake - Page would LOVE to do us over today.

I'm hoping mainly for the win obviously but also for some of the stay aways to make an appearance, absolutely no excuses not to go Vale today, it's warm, it's the last game before Christmas, it's the old manager back in town and a perfect day for a few beers and supporting your football club - let's get down there and do our bit. Go on Vale!!

Certainly a fascinating contest between last year's and this year's managers.

Really hoping we start on the front foot again and play 29 yards further up the pitch.

Please step forward whoever said that(29 yards).

Has to be the post of the year!

will enough cobblers turn up for this one to create a bit of atmosphere, + few more Vale fans to help push the lads on to another home victory.Do we stay with same team, Thomas could be fit, could be better to bring him on in 2nd half. still think Kelly needs more game time, confidence is a big element in football. If we can build from the cup game and take the desire and commitment into today's game we can get a positive result. U.T.Vale, together we can achieve our dreams.

will enough cobblers turn up for this one to create a bit of atmosphere, + few more Vale fans to help push the lads on to another home victory.Do we stay with same team, Thomas could be fit, could be better to bring him on in 2nd half. still think Kelly needs more game time, confidence is a big element in football. If we can build from the cup game and take the desire and commitment into today's game we can get a positive result. U.T.Vale, together we can achieve our dreams.

I would love to see someone crack the code to really unlock Kelly. There's definitely talent there but it's just getting him to put the effort in to his game to make more of it. Must be so annoying for a manager to see a spark like him wasted.

I would love to see someone crack the code to really unlock Kelly. There's definitely talent there but it's just getting him to put the effort in to his game to make more of it. Must be so annoying for a manager to see a spark like him wasted.

He's like a younger Chris Lines.

I think De Freitas deserves a start.

He's a bit of a warrior type player, good to have today. He chased everything down on Sunday and won the ball back several times when others would have given up

Definitely, had a great game and added drive going forwards. Will be interesting to see if he can repeat the performance against a better team

Vales strongest team (available today) should beat the out of form Northampton.

Our team Should, repeat should win. Depends upon if Pagey still plays his negative tactics and if Bruno plays just one striker up front. Could well end up being a 0-0 or 1-1 draw.

Kelly shouldn't be anywhere near the team it's like playing with ten men when he,s in the team. Am

N absolute wimp who stands around and gives the ball away.Before anyone says about his wonder goal last season he hasn't got close this season.

Archived