onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Gezim Shalaj

MattW

Advert

The budget is taken up by so much non productive money it's unreal, Smurf keeps expecting a pat on the back for extending the budget but he's wasting his own money paying players like Shalaj, Ferguson, Mbamba, MacIntosh, Kiko, Santos and so on none of whom have a hope of playing proffesional football beyond their current contract let alone Smurfs suggestion that big teams are going to be offering big money for our superstars come January! Smurf moans about attendances but does he expect people keep turning up and pay premier league money to watch the absolute embarracing shambles we've witnessed since September? Sort the product on offer out Smurf then try tempt people in instead of relying on blind loyalty from folk but still expecting 6000 every home game.

Maybe it would be useful if people listened to Brunos' long awaited comments yesterday."some players aren't ready for League 1,they are for the future."

I have a few points to make in reply to that.

1. Unless there's a plan that involves us getting relegated at some point, and perhaps more than once, I can't see how they fit into the club's vision for the future.

2. Not very many of these players look remotely like they have potential.

3. Mbamba is 24, Shalaj 26. Very old for players who are supposed to be the future.

4. Jam Tomorrow is a very easy thing to promise.

Maybe it would be useful if people listened to Brunos' long awaited comments yesterday."some players aren't ready for League 1,they are for the future.""we need a winger and a striker"Hopefully Paterson is off.""it's good that Smith and Brown are doing interviews""we are a family".To the interviewer yesterday he offered to hold his hand because he knew he liked to interview Bruno.He also said "players will be loaned out".

The hater's don't want to listen Howjy,they only hear what they want to hear.

Santos - Not had much of a chance yet.

Kiko - Looks below average, though hasn't had many opportunities.

Knops - Been solid enough, no better or worse than Dickinson. Probably cheaper though, and less of a ***.

Mac-Intosch - Not seen much of him but looks bang average.

Ferguson - Why? Just tell me why?

Hart - Might be decent one day, just not right now with us. A boy learning a mans game.

Tavares - Started well enough but it's almost criminal how he gets in the starting 11 every week. Bruno must have a man crush on him.

De Freitas - Has looked half decent at times but manager doesn't seem to fancy him.

Amoros - Has shown promise. Has plenty of tenacity about him and could become a good player for us if he continues to improve.

Periera - Fancy name, done nothing on the pitch yet for the 1st team.

Mbamba - 26 and nowhere near ready, probably never will be for this level.

Shalaj - Promised a bit of excitement upon arrival but has offered nothing as of yet.

Thomas - Our best signing along with Jones.

Paterson - Simply not good enough, no other L1 side would go near him these days but we were desperate.

Cicilia - Has an awkward style and offers something, just not goals.

Jones - Can't ask any more of the lad. Continues to get played out of position.

Just before we signed Shalaj, lots of people were telling Smurf to resign Andoh. His response was that we need someone for the first team now and not someone who won't be fit until November.

Well, it's the middle of November now and how many minutes has Shalaj played?! FFS Smurf, swallow your pride and resign andoh(fitness permitting) or someone else of that quality.

A front three of Andoh, Thomas and Jones would potentially be as good as anything in the league. At home we could even play with Andoh and Thomas out wide with Jones and Forrester up front, and they would cause any side problems. If only.

Santos - Not had much of a chance yet.

Kiko - Looks below average, though hasn't had many opportunities.

Knops - Been solid enough, no better or worse than Dickinson. Probably cheaper though, and less of a ***.

Mac-Intosch - Not seen much of him but looks bang average.

Ferguson - Why? Just tell me why?

Hart - Might be decent one day, just not right now with us. A boy learning a mans game.

Tavares - Started well enough but it's almost criminal how he gets in the starting 11 every week. Bruno must have a man crush on him.

De Freitas - Has looked half decent at times but manager doesn't seem to fancy him.

Amoros - Has shown promise. Has plenty of tenacity about him and could become a good player for us if he continues to improve.

Periera - Fancy name, done nothing on the pitch yet for the 1st team.

Mbamba - 26 and nowhere near ready, probably never will be for this level.

Shalaj - Promised a bit of excitement upon arrival but has offered nothing as of yet.

Thomas - Our best signing along with Jones.

Paterson - Simply not good enough, no other L1 side would go near him these days but we were desperate.

Cicilia - Has an awkward style and offers something, just not goals.

Jones - Can't ask any more of the lad. Continues to get played out of position.

with the exception of Jones, Thomas and possible Hart, a truely sorry state of affairs and good reason for Vale fans to be concerned for not only this season but next season as well. Monumental mess up in the appointment of Bruno and the subsequest transfer pol;icy.

I don't get the hurrah around Andoh. He played only a few games for us, did ok. But not this special player people bang on about, hence why he's still clubless

Players develop an increasing aura the longer they are out of the team. Fans forget their limitations and only remember the good bits. The longer Andoh isn't playing the better he'll become!

Where is this man? Bruno again stated yesterday he needs a winger and a striker.

If he'd signed better players in the summer he wouldn't now need even more signings.

We had three strikers on the bench yesterday (Cicilia, Pato, Forrester). Have 2 wingers that didn't even feature (Mbamba, Shalaj).

Bruno's summer recruitment was scatter gun and poor. One of the few foreign players to feature regularly, Tavares, seems to be coming under fire. He's played nearly every game but for a centre midfielder I can't recall one meaningful involvement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could believe what I heard from Bruno yeasterday regards another winger and Striker.

I'm more than happy to disagree with you. It's my opinion that both O'Connor and Dodds are better players than Tavares. Feel free to disagree but both would get into this Vale side.

But the fact is neither contributed as much as they ought to have done, in their last season with us.

Archived