Bring him home!

j_grainger10

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How long does he have left on his Bury contract? Is it still a couple of years? I really appreciate what Tom did, it was such a Roy of the Rovers story, but definitely time to move on. There aren't many players whose return to a club results in a happy ending. Have any of our players done this? Thread?

Only surprise here is that it took a full 12 months. Predicted they would have made him available by Xmas.

Ended up a very expensive non-impact sub.

Thanks for the memories, but only Vale shirt I want to see him in now is Tony Naylors legends team

Football fans can be a hard lot sometimes... but I agree... one of my golden rules is never revisit something you decided to walk away from.... its never how you remember it, its never the same and its never a step forward.

He did us proud and I wish him well at whichever club he goes to but I dont think it should be Vale... sadly.

26 goals in 113 appearances spanning three seasons.

31 next month.

A drinker. A smoker. A player in decline.

The only part of me that would want him back is that he loves the club. And thats not enough.

He would be a good signing for a lower end league 2 team. Not us.

Perhaps the player Smurf was on about during his radio Stoke interview. Said there was a player who we could take, should take, but it's wether he would get the game time. My initial feelings are he's a proven player at this level but might well be behind all 4 of the current strikers. For the wages he would be on I don't think he's worth it.

Archived