onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bring him home!

j_grainger10

Its called nostalgia... not to be confused with neuralgia.... nostalgia lets you remember the good things and fogs the not so good.

Although if I could bring back some past players in their prime I could make up a pretty good squad to rival anything we could afford to buy today.

To me nostalgia is listening to music from a certain, dressing how fashion was in certain era, buying something because it's nostalgiac, i dont see how having former player's for nostalgia reasons bring's success, i dont think some fan's no about other footballers, which is why they can only think in the square of bringing back former vale player's.

Advert

To me nostalgia is listening to music from a certain, dressing how fashion was in certain era, buying something because it's nostalgiac, i dont see how having former player's for nostalgia reasons bring's success, i dont think some fan's no about other footballers, which is why they can only think in the square of bringing back former vale player's.

Almost anything from the past can be seen as nostalgia if it invokes memories [usually good ones]... what it is would depend on your past.

I suspect there are people on this forum who know more about other footballers than you will ever know [no disrespect intended]... but bringing back former players brings with it bringing back past glories or better times, the two are connected in the mind and memory... sadly it very rarely works that way because the team they knew isnt the team that now is

Almost anything from the past can be seen as nostalgia if it invokes memories [usually good ones]... what it is would depend on your past.

I suspect there are people on this forum who know more about other footballers than you will ever know [no disrespect intended]... but bringing back former players brings with it bringing back past glories or better times, the two are connected in the mind and memory... sadly it very rarely works that way because the team they knew isnt the team that now is

It worked down the road in the 60s, but rarely does as age takes its toll, and styles of play change.

I do feel sorry for Pope, as he never wanted leave Vale in the first place, but our lovely chairman made sure he didn't stay.

By not doubling his money and giving him a 3 year contract after he had spent 3/4 of the previous season out injured. What a bad move that's turned out to be by Smurf.

100% dont need him, dont we have 4 strikers already? when pope left he did it at the peak of his career, hes in decline, when he left he basically cashed out, the fact they are letting him go for free after paying good money for him shows confirms the current state of affairs

By not doubling his money and giving him a 3 year contract after he had spent 3/4 of the previous season out injured. What a bad move that's turned out to be by Smurf.

Correct. Their decision to release Tom after just 12 months shows who got this one right, unless of course you choose to wear blinkers!

100% dont need him, dont we have 4 strikers already? when pope left he did it at the peak of his career, hes in decline, when he left he basically cashed out, the fact they are letting him go for free after paying good money for him shows confirms the current state of affairs

Agreed, aside from he was already 2 years past his peak

Correct. Their decision to release Tom after just 12 months shows who got this one right, unless of course you choose to wear blinkers!

They are trying to cut their losses, I doubt this is anything to do with football. But you are right, we don't need him there are loads of strikers out there who will score more for half the money, Norman said so himself.

They are trying to cut their losses, I doubt this is anything to do with football. But you are right, we don't need him there are loads of strikers out there who will score more for half the money, Norman said so himself.

Both I would expect. 1 goal in last 23 appearances for them (albeit many as sub) will have made them question value for money

I love Tom to bits but the style of football Bruno is attempting to play will not be a fit with Tom in my opinion even if he was at the peak of his powers (and he really was magnificent then).

That said Louis Dodds would have been a shoe in for this style of play. Sorry he chose to go.

Archived