onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

JJ Hooper

Tomo

I did mention it on another thread somewhere, but I thought it was worth noting that JJ hasn't taken much of a break, looks to be putting in some extra effort. I don't really know if players have a complete switch-off style break during close season, but either way it looks as though he definitely hasn't, instead posting a fair bit on social media working out/training etc & I also found this:

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118930

Hopefully it pays off for him & us!

Advert

Yeah I saw it mentioned that most have a preseason program, but it was mainly the fact he's posting/sharing a fair bit of stuff on social media about it, & seems pretty active & positive. I've spotted him saying numerous times he can't wait to get back on the pitch. Exactly the type of attitude we need in a player, especially a young one! It's great seeing a player really wanting to improve & one that actually wants to play for us.

Look at his Instagram in comparison to some other players, he doesn't appear to post any social life-type posts, they're nearly all about football & wanting to get back to playing etc. Hope he keeps it up!

Great spot and great shout.

Tom Pope proved (along with Micky Adams finding a system that suited him) with his one glorious season what the benefits of a proper pre-season have.

If he looks after himself and continues to apply himself it's clear with his raw talent he has a real shot.

Agree with ya there. Definable has raw talent and as Tomo says - clearly looks like someone who wants to be successful.

Like anything in life, effort usually merits success so good luck to him.

Was impressed with him from day one. A nice combination of quick and strong, willing runner and proved to be a decent finisher.

If he hits the ground running in August we could make a nice profit off the £8,500 we paid for him.

I really think Hooper's got something (as in talent, not dysentery or some other disease) and given his approach this summer I'm really hoping to see the best of him. He scored some lovely goals last season and I'm expecting to see a lot more of that this time round. Don't let me - or yourself - down JJ!

Given the apparent lack of goals our newly signed strikers have, JJ could be an important team member this season. I wasn't overly impressed when he first played, but towards the end of the season he looked a real prospect and his approach to building his fitness in the close season should stand him in good stead. Needs tying down on a longer contract.

Always liked the look of him as he clearly has an eye for goal. There's nothing better than bringing a non-league player through to become a goal-scoring success and it's encouraging to see he's really determined to take his chance. There's a long way to go but he definitely looks as if he has the potential to be a great player for us. Go for it JJ!

Given the apparent lack of goals our newly signed strikers have, JJ could be an important team member this season. I wasn't overly impressed when he first played, but towards the end of the season he looked a real prospect and his approach to building his fitness in the close season should stand him in good stead. Needs tying down on a longer contract.

I was just thinking that about his contract,if Smurf wants to make money from him then that needs sorting asap and not left to run down until the end of the season as per

Archived