onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A 2nd referendum

TheJoker

I wonder if in the secrecy of the ballot, Corbyn voted leave anyway. And I bet Boris voted remain!

I wonder if there would be much over 35% turning out... which would raise the question of another referendum because more didnt vote that did

Advert

Why should there be a second referendum? If we have another one and the verdict is overturned do we then have a third referendum? Democracy decreed the result, the losers should get over it!

Because you voted wrongly on the first one, and they are not going to let the country go to ruin because of the political stuipidity of a very small number of people and the rampant nationalism and xenophobic mentality of a slightly bigger number but still a minority.

oops.......That is not my opinion, but it is certainly what Cameron, Osborne, lots of Labour MPs, Liberals, and nearly all the European leaders will have been saying in private.

Ireland rejected the Treaty of Nice in 2001, and there was hardly a problem when a second referendum was announced in 2002 and it was accepted.

Remember, with the elite, the public will do as it is told.

Yet another example of a perfectly reasonable farage quote being twisted and used as a stick to beat him with, by people who either do not understand or deliberately misinterpret the quote.

He isn't saying that 52% remain vote would mean him instantly abusing the majority as stupid manipulated small minded racists and demand another immediate referendum until he gets the result he wants.

He merely says that a 52% remain vote would show him that his career goal is close and achievable and enough of the country are understanding how corrupt and anti democratic the eu are. It would be worthwhile campaigning still and then drumming up support for a legitimate 2nd referendum down the line. There's a huge difference to the anti democratic protests who simply don't like the result and are slinging every bit of mud at the exit voters and party.

If it was a 66% or higher remain vote, then the public has spoken and he is saying that there is not enough support to keep fighting and the overwhelming majority of people are happy being in the eu.

Ihe's simply saying, enough interest and I'll carry on, but if not, he will accept he is fighting a losing battle and concede.

Yet another example of bitter remainers deliberately twisting words to the point of deception.

I thought it was only the leave side capable of that?

Because you voted wrongly on the first one, and they are not going to let the country go to ruin because of the political stuipidity of a very small number of people and the rampant nationalism and xenophobic mentality of a slightly bigger number but still a minority.

oops.......That is not my opinion, but it is certainly what Cameron, Osborne, lots of Labour MPs, Liberals, and nearly all the European leaders will have been saying in private.

Ireland rejected the Treaty of Nice in 2001, and there was hardly a problem when a second referendum was announced in 2002 and it was accepted.

Remember, with the elite, the public will do as it is told.

voted wrongly in whos opinion yours? who are you god? the public decided, i honestly 100% cant believe people think like this. all votes over the years have been ignored by the EU completely or gone through the backdoor because its been renamed as something else and you actually support that against the will of the people, i am baffled really along with all the other dribble in that post, you would probably of loved living in the soviet union.

i would love to hear how you think the country is ruined so i can have a good laugh.

What is happening here is we are entering dangerous waters. Didn't every general election get won in most cases by at best exaggeration and at worst lies?

We are supposed to be a democratic nation and value the views of the majority, and in this case it was for leave.

The remain camp got their campaign completely wrong. They should have run a positive campaign not the negative one they did and maybe the result will be different.

One thing is for sure Cameron has completely divivided a nation!

Would I change my vote? No, I still won't vote at all like I didn't in the first because no one convinced me they were telling the truth!

I don't think there will be a second referendum, the same way I don't think we'll leave the EU. The referendum was an expensive opinion pole, we're still in and due to the obvious stupidity of leaving, I can't see that changing

I wonder if there would be much over 35% turning out... which would raise the question of another referendum because more didnt vote that did

The Remainers who still have their dummy's out are desperately hoping to convince more than 30% of young voters to turn out next time.

just sour grapes by the ton.

Or maybe just common sense. Have you noticed the uncertainty and turmoil this ridiculous vote has caused? If you let the lunatics take over the asylum bedlam will always happen.

Its not that ridiculous when I have heard it being discussed on radio today. A lot of people have said they would change their vote and remain would win if the referendum were held today. Surely if the will of the people has changed then that should be listened to. Or isn't that democracy?

And if the day after a second referendum the will of the people changes again should we have a third? When do we stop? Should we have a referendum to decide if we want a second referendum? Should we have a referendum to decide if we want a referendum to decide if we want a second EU referendum?

I voted remain, most people that voted didn't vote remain..so we've voted out.

And I'd vote remain again if ridiculously we did have a second referendum.

The people in a democracy have the right to make the "wrong" decision.

Archived