onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

A 2nd referendum

TheJoker

Advert

Thank you for providing a link, which is something FUA should have done rather than rely on others to support his own laziness and hide his inflated figures.

I notice there is no mention of Nicla Sturgeon though, which was the original point by the clown element in this thread - to criticise her abilities personally.

Like dozens of other projects the tram one is over-budget, badly run and wasteful, but compared to many NHS disasters, usually on IT projects, and other Tory horrors like Universal Credit is par for the course. Failed projects that wasted millions are a Tory pastime going back to the Poll Tax.

That does not excuse it, and I find myself agreeing for once with JA that we should hope some good comes out of it, learn from it, and he is also fair enough to point out that it failed for many reasons, although as far as I can see, whilst the SNP is one of them, Nicola personally was not responsible in any major way at all.

Good to discuss, but not really the criteria for judging Nicola on - far better than the 12-year-old ruinning down Hamil Road type posts 104 and 105 on here by REP, no facts or even comment, just as always trying to 'join the gang' like a needy pre-pubescent wannabe bully.

Those who say SNP wanted to leave the EU before the Scottish referendum are wrong in that Scotland wanted to negotiate to stay in as an independent nation so that argument sinks right away.

The first independence referendum, if successful of Sturgeon, would have meant Scotland would have had to leave the EU as part of the UK. Now they want a second referendum because they don't want to leave the EU. I do wish they'd make their minds up what they want.

I think Bea Smith covered it above, but the SNP felt they could regain membership of the EU as a separate nation. This despite the EU saying they would have to apply like everyone else which could take years and didn't stay in automatically despite them being part of the EU when part of the UK at the time of the IndyRef. I note the EU are saying the same again now. I think the SNP response to that has been to cup their hands over their ears and pretend they aren't saying it. Pretty much what they did during the referendum when the BoE said they couldn't use the British Pound as their currency anymore.

I think Bea Smith covered it above, but the SNP felt they could regain membership of the EU as a separate nation. This despite the EU saying they would have to apply like everyone else which could take years and didn't stay in automatically despite them being part of the EU when part of the UK at the time of the IndyRef. I note the EU are saying the same again now. I think the SNP response to that has been to cup their hands over their ears and pretend they aren't saying it. Pretty much what they did during the referendum when the BoE said they couldn't use the British Pound as their currency anymore.
Depends what rules can be found in the EU archives I suppose. There has been a case of 2 countries joining together as with E and W Germany, when the East was out, but not a case of a unit splitting similar to Yugoslavia. Should keep the lawyers in Euros.

Depends what rules can be found in the EU archives I suppose. There has been a case of 2 countries joining together as with E and W Germany, when the East was out, but not a case of a unit splitting similar to Yugoslavia. Should keep the lawyers in Euros.

I suppose Scotland could join with Greece to create a new nation call Greaseland that would have membership of the EU like when East and West Germany joined together.

The important thing is that Nicola and the SNP have some real leverage and what any individual posts (trying to get a reply to get people banned under the new system?) say on here doesn't change that, nor does anything posted about some Fraser nonentity.

Posts on here insulting the same few genuine and honest politicians over and over again no doubt won't cause a ban, but they will waste the time of the people posting them. :laugh:

What the EU said about Scotland joining taking a long time might not be what they would do - in the same way that Obama said the UK would be last in the queue and trade agreements take 10 years if the British voted for Brexit - could easily be an empty threat in both case, and I'm certain it will be.

Similarly the BOE would take a different tack on Scotland using the £ - pure scaremongering and empty threats like many things that were lied about in the recent referendum campaign.

I can't understand why some people who post with such contempt about Scotland get so prickly about them wishing for independence, and take undue interest in how they would fare - thought they would be glad to split and see the back of them.

Scotland will decide for itself in the end - and if it does split will prosper, be part of the EU and the arrangement will be rather like Czech republic and Slovakia who split with few problems.

How was the tram project financed? £776m is a lot for the taxpayers of Edinburgh to find

I have spoken with Fraser about this and he says the council up here took out a 30 year loan which could increase the final cost to £1bn.Fraser isn't too impressed because his council tax has gone up and the project has gone off the rails.Fraser says the trams were originally planned to travel to Leith and Newhaven but because of finances this was cut short and Fraser can only now travel to the city centre.Fraser is not a happy man at this moment in time,he can't get to Leith and he also supports Hibernian.

You've got to feel for Fraser.:cry:

Those who say SNP wanted to leave the EU before the Scottish referendum are wrong in that Scotland wanted to negotiate to stay in as an independent nation so that argument sinks right away.

I didn't say they wanted to leave it. I said they were going to have to leave then try and get back in if they became independent.

I think the EU would be glad to have Scotland in their number as their pride was damaged by the Brexit vote and would be partially restored by welcoming an independent Scotland.

2 tricky borders then - NI/Eire and Scotland/England if tariffs differ. I wonder how many people would seriously consider applying for Scottish/dual nationality and going to live there if this happened.

Archived