onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

It does seem ridiculous that lower league teams are fined when they swap and change their sides for the Checkatrade when no rules are in place for the FA Cup. Time to introduce rules and as you say points deductions rather than fines.

The manager picks from his squad and lives or dies by the result. Better still to get rid of the stupid rule in the checkatrade to be consistant and give better reward for fa cup progress..carrot not stick.

Advert

The manager picks from his squad and lives or dies by the result. Better still to get rid of the stupid rule in the checkatrade to be consistant and give better reward for fa cup progress..carrot not stick.

Here's an option..award bonus league points for progress in the FA cup

Something simple like 1 pt per round you get thru..could mean a team staving off relegation or getting promotion or winning a title. Every team plays in a league so every team could benefit and it's got to be better than a CL place for the winners cos the likes of Leeds realistically know they are unlikely to win the FA cup

There would be a carrot in every round

I've only just thought of this so it may have its pitfalls

What's a "genuine club" just out of interest? Sounds like made up boll**ks to be fair.....

To be fair I'd see Stoke as a genuine club too as I would teams who clearly haven't forgotten their roots and sold out at the expense of the fans. Stoke are particularly fortunate they have a genuine fan in charge, not someone who's first thought is $$$

Many of the Cup results this weekend have put our rather meek surrender at the hands of Huddersfield Reserves into context, as well as Huddersfield Reserves played on the day.

I attended the Rochdale-Huddersfield game on Saturday and although it also finished 4-0 it was a travesty of justice and in no way reflected the game.

It was blood and guts and pure physicality for half an hour. A proper cup tie with no holds barred. 'The Dale' ran, chased and harried and actually missed two golden chances in the first 30 minutes. Andrew who is a huge unit went off injured and after that the home team didn't create much despite having a lot of the ball. They played well I thought and you can see why they are in the play-offs. They play a high tempo, all action, energetic game and are a credit to Hill.

The Terriers played a stronger team than against us but if they'd been 0-2 behind at the break they couldn't complain. Once the second goal went it that was that.

I suspect if we played them next week Brown might have got the team playing with a bit more energy and zip.

Well, lost in amongst all the transfer deadline day news (or lack of it) and the Trumpy rumpy hysteria, it seems to have gone in-noticed that there are one r two important games in the Prem tonight.

For once, all Arsenal, Man U, Man City and Spurs fans will be agreed in cheering on Liverpool, who really have to stop Chelsea to keep things open, and I think the Klopp men will get at least a draw.

Sunderland v Spurs is an fasciniating match, could go either way, but again I'll go for a draw. Arsenal should beat Watford, but the other games are very tricky.

Old porky-head has had a dismal start at Palace, and they desperately need to beat Bournemouth - what a lucky escape England had in getting rid of him !

Both Manchester clubs look good for wins tomorrow too, but I can see Everton being too good for Stoke.

I too think Liverpool will get something tonight and put in a performance, though anything less than the three points and you can kiss goodbye to a genuine Premiership title challenge. Spurs are on fire at the moment and you'd expect them to beat a poor Sunderland side, but in the Premiership this season no game is a given.

All over bar the shouting Beechyla.

Yep. Can't believe how quickly they have lost form. Although they had a couple of results afterwards, it seems to have all stemmed from that awful game against Bournemouth in which they somehow squandered a 3-1 lead.

Archived