onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Advert

Shocking results for Spurs and especially Arsenal last night. Chelsea would not lose at home to Watford and Swansea like Arsenal and Liverpool did. Chelsea will win the League by at least 15 points, unless Man City can put up a good run in the last 16 games they might come close, but even then they've got hope Chelsea slip up a few times, and that's not going happen.

A win for Chelsea would have absolutely flattered them and it was nice to see a numpty (but a very effective one) like Costa have his penalty saved. Firmino missed two absolute sitters that just before Christmas he would have put away blindfolded, but hopefully a decent point and overall performance will stop the rot. Typical Arsenal putting 5 past Southampton and then following it up with an abject performance in a gam they should be winning every day of the week. They have the squad but I'll say it again, while Wenger remains in charge their they won't win the EPL or Champions League.

Have Stoke beaten anyone decent this season?

Based on the current league table, with Stoke being 9th, they have beaten nobody above them this season. The highest placed team they have beaten are Burnley in 10th. After that the next highest team is Watford in 13th.

So taking their results against teams in the top 12, they've Played 13 Won 1 Drawn 6 Lost 6.

So basically, No.

Thought with going up hanley with me daughter id have a bet ,dont usually as winning is alien ( another thing me and Vale have in common lol)to me .

I had Arsenal Bournemouth Tottenham Leicester Shef wed to win and Mboro and the boings to draw .

So all excited as my 1 pounds 50 bet went on lol what a horror show from five of the six games .

Watford beating Arsenal u couldnt make it up ,the game when Stoke beat them at Vicarage road thats the worst performance ive seen this season from anyone ,so for them beat Arsenal ,how did that happen .

Crystal palace beating slick Bournemouth really and Sam Allardyce dancing u kidding me aint u .

Thought Wilshaw and co would have buried the eagles .

Then Tottenham score for fun against Sunderland who concede for fun 0-0 wtf happened there lol .

Leicester champions of England surely Burnleys home record had to go and Vardy was going deliver eventually err no .

Last night i had the pleasure of watching Stoke v Everton on me firestick ,well done Crouch on his 100 goal and well done the Everton keeper for doing his job twice when the Austrian was one on one with him.

Overall a point each was about right as Everton were for he majority of the game the team with the ball ,Young Davies very good and the lad from league one according to my son should have buried a chance near the end .

I go work at 21.30 so missed the last twenty was told Lookman was excellent and Berinho had a chance (looks overweight me stoke workpal was telling me ).

Adam should come play for Vale i like him a dangerous player with a terrific left foot .

Stoke score i notice then play with little or no believe ,yes they had chances but id be concerned if supported them that they play well only in spurts .

In other words they dont have the energy or capacity to keep it going .

Unbeaten this year in the league so fair play to them .

As for Everton Lukaka was not at the races ( Indi did a job on him),a tidy team though and i like the lad Barkley a terrific player .

That was a funny incident with Everton's goal last night.

Very hard to comprehend what the offside rules are now.

Lukaku was offide when the ball came over but it hit Shawcross and was an own goal so it stood.

Still can't understand how it works.

The referee and linesmen had to decide if Shawcross was distracted by Lukaku and so was interfering with play. Some will say no and some will say yes. Like that Arsenal goal earlier in the season.

The offside rule is as clouded as you can get. You could ask 100 people on this forum for an honest view and never get agreement. How are referees supposed to get it right when they get just one look?

The rule is a bag of ***** and either needs going back to basics or scrapping altogether.

Based on the current league table, with Stoke being 9th, they have beaten nobody above them this season. The highest placed team they have beaten are Burnley in 10th. After that the next highest team is Watford in 13th.

So taking their results against teams in the top 12, they've Played 13 Won 1 Drawn 6 Lost 6.

So basically, No.

Absolutely irrelevant, if anything it just means they are consistent. No, I don't like Stoke much but these stats are meaningless.

Crikey,I know I said Liverpool wouldn't stay the pace but I didn't expect them to capitulate so early in the season?

You also said Tottenham would not stay the pace, so don't come and try to be the great Mystic Meg of football. Liverpool may yet have a run that gets them into the top 3 or 4, which is their target for the season (Champoions League football.

Those top places (2nd-4th)are still very open, although it will take a miracle to stop Chelsea being champions now, but all the rest are capable of dropping points to teams even those in the bottom three (Hull also drew at Man Utd).

Archived