onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

You also said Tottenham would not stay the pace, so don't come and try to be the great Mystic Meg of football. Liverpool may yet have a run that gets them into the top 3 or 4, which is their target for the season (Champoions League football.

Those top places (2nd-4th)are still very open, although it will take a miracle to stop Chelsea being champions now, but all the rest are capable of dropping points to teams even those in the bottom three (Hull also drew at Man Utd).

There's time yet for Spurs,I reckon they'll run out of steam around Easter,after a few excursions in the Europa League.

Watch this space.😁😁

Advert

There's time yet for Spurs,I reckon they'll run out of steam around Easter,after a few excursions in the Europa League.

Watch this space.

Spurs just aren't tough enough physically nor mentally.Chelsea have not got it sewn up yet but they have shown quality,toughness and resilience already.

Liverpool have hit a brick wall, but I don't think it has much or anything to do with them running out of steam or legs. For me it's more to do with players suddenly playing without the same confidence and swagger that they were earlier in the season when they were averaging 3 goals a game. The disaster at Bournemouth started it off and various injuries really disrupted the side and the flow they were in. They have to become mentally tougher if they are to really achieve anything. At the moment when they are on form they are absolutely brilliant, and when their not they suddenly look like they could play all day and all evening long and not score a goal. There's no in-between, and they have to learn how to win games of football when they're not playing anywhere near their best as Chelsea have done on numerous occasions this season, and is one of the reason's why they'll be Champions. Confidence is a huge thing in football as it is in all other sports, and once Liverpool scrap a win from somewhere and find some collective confidence once again the results and performances will slowly start to come back.

The other 3 after Chelsea could be anybody's guess and predicting the order they will finish is extremely difficult. Man City looked superb against a poor West Ham side, but like Livepool they can go from looking like potential world beaters to anything but in the space of a few weeks. Arsenal are the same old Arsenal. They have a great squad but also the same manager who is long past his best before date, and lack a Champions mentality right throughout the club. United have made some progress but still aren't a really good side yet. Spurs are definitely heading in the right direction but that first significant trophy (in a long, long time) is always the hardest one to get, and that burden will be one hell of an obstacle for them to get over.

Yep, he most certainly is. Still waiting for someone to show the same courage or foolishness though, depending on how you see it.

You'd be silly to bet with invisible liars on here - people don't pay bets, Remember the UKIP 100 seats one ?

Just out of interest, Betfair offer tonight 1.34 aginst Tottenham finishing in a top 4 place, 1.69 Arsenal, Liverepool are 1.89 and Man City 1.22, with United at 2.26 and then Everton 20/1 and the rest loads more - no bets taken on Chelsea.

That means that the bookies also think Liverpool have a slightly better than even chance to make the top 4, as 1.89 is odds on. (Bet £100, get £89 and your stake back if it wins).

You'd be silly to bet with invisible liars on here - people don't pay bets, Remember the UKIP 100 seats one ?

Good point! Though had someone taken me up on it I'd be getting a bit fidgety right about now.

Maybe a better and more sensible bet would be £50 to a charity of the winners choice, which I'm very much open to. Obviously anyone not honouring it wouldn't save much face on here.

Good point! Though had someone taken me up on it I'd be getting a bit fidgety right about now.

Maybe a better and more sensible bet would be £50 to a charity of the winners choice, which I'm very much open to. Obviously anyone not honouring it wouldn't save much face on here.

Let's face it, they could just claim they had paid it..we'd be none the wiser. IMO best keep gambling off here completely..but then I don't bet at all.

Liverpool will fail for the reasons they have for years...they don't have a top class keeper and they don't have a striker to win them a game when playing badly.

What a crazy set of results sat .

Palace 0 Sunderland 4 ,and the palace fans singing u aint fit to wear the shirt .

Barklay celebrating his goal before it went in ,very good game that 6-3 with Lukaka at his best unlike v our neighbours .

Liverpool lose again ,Arsenal also Hazards goal terrific ,Tottenham win havent seen there game yet by a pen .

Watford win again and Pulis gets another win v Stoke .

Today i felt Man City were lucky and Man Utd strolled it v Leicester once the Mikatyrian or whatever is bame is was moved into a role where he could affect the game.

Best game of the day was Huddersfield v Leeds Huddersfield deserved win i felt and i think they as a club r building something very special ,what was that with Monk and Wagner after the goal .

Football is emotion ,id love C Michael Brown jump in the lorne street if we score a last minute winner v Bolton and Sheffield Utd .

Brendan Rodgers' first 54 games in charge of Liverpool:

W26, D16, L12

Jürgen Klopp's first 54 games in charge of Liverpool:

W26, D16, L12

Aswell as a suspect center of defense to my eyes Liverpool lack a plan B. Time and time again they can't break down two banks of 4 and resort to crossing the ball aimlessly into the box with no stiker decent in the air. Arsenal have Girou, Spurs Kane, Chelski Costa and Man U Ibra to bail them out, the same was true under Rodgers. To me they need a player of this type, big and stong in the air who attacks the ball, even if only for the last 20 mins of games.

Brendan Rodgers' first 54 games in charge of Liverpool:

W26, D16, L12

Jürgen Klopp's first 54 games in charge of Liverpool:

W26, D16, L12

2 good managers. It's about time that Liverpool fans wake up to the fact that they are not a major force in English football and haven't been for a long time.

Archived