onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

With the possible exception of Chelsea I don't think any of the 'top' teams look fully secure at the back.

Not sure if you go back as far as me Beechy but the Liverpool teams of old (like Arsenal) would go a goal up and shut up shop. Once they'd scored you might as well go home. That is no longer the case. But none of these leading teams will win the title unless they improve defensively.

Wasn't it one of Clough's maxims that you build a team from the back? It's still true today. If you don't concede you won't lose.

The Arsenal 1-0 chant meant game over.

Advert

Another example of why Liverpool won't win the title and why they will never be taken seriously as title contenders. They throw away matches they should be winning.

No use beating the big teams if you can't win the matches you are expected to.

I don't think they have thrown such matches away but losing to Burnley and Swansea could cost them big time. Long way to go though.

Enjoyed the games today .

Swansea wow what a result ,just goes show u can not rule any team out ,Liverpool continue to give sloppy goals away but going forwards they r a delightful team watch ,at 2-2 there was only one winner but like i say wow well done Swansea .

Man utd completely dominated the game at Stoke and u were beginning think its Stokes day ,mata own goal ,mata over the bar when easier score ,pogba straight volleyed at goalie.

It was deserved a great goal from Rooney Man utd 25 attempts to Stokes 8 a good point for Stoke a great defensive effort .

A good game though .

My man of the match Valencia.

Surelyoneofthemwill?

What I was trying to say was that none of them will do as well as Chelsea - and win the title - unless they improve at the back. Can't see Chelsea throwing it away.

I'm pleased for Rooney. He's been underrated and slated for a while but he's been a superb player for MU.

Having said that he still isn't replacing Charlton in my hall of fame.

I wonder how the stats compare, though of course Charlton tended to be more of a central midfielder whereas Rooney has played most games as a striker.

Probably about as boring as you mentioning it every week. Forearm smash behave yourself......

Because I'm sick and fed up of idiots like Hughes constantly moaning about referees to cover up their own failings. Kids and others see what players and managers do on telly and then mimic it themselves on a Sunday morning and it makes life incredibly hard for young referees just trying to learn.

I've seen young referees walk off the field crying because of the abuse they've received and it all stems from the poor example set by managers and players at the top level.

The FA and Premier League need to grow a set and take action against people constantly abusing referees. But they don't have the balls to do so as money talks.

Archived