onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premiership 16/17 Season

Not enough quality in the squad Beechyla.Liverpool may struggle to get into the top 4.

They need to suddenly find the form they were in from August to December or else a very positive first half of the season would have meant absolutely nothing. It's no coincidence that all of Liverpool's best performances and victories have come with Jordan Henderson in the side. He's vital to how Liverpool like to press the ball, and also has the ability to unlock defences as the best two passes I've seen this season from a Liverpool player have come from him and not Coutinho as you would expect. Emre Can just doesn't suit to how Klopp wants his side to play and he struggled to make any sort of impact on the game yesterday.

It's a massive game on Saturday at Anfield against the Gunners and Liverpool need to respond. Thing is, in these big games where they aren't favourites I actually expect them to win the game, and it won't be much of a surprise to anyone if they suddenly find a performance like the one they put in a fortnight ago against Spurs. Win that game, and then beat Burnley at home in the following fixture, and all of a sudden Liverpool will probably be playing with something like the same quality and confidence they were for the majority of last year and can easily make the top 4 again.

Advert

Outstanding half from Liverpool, which makes the performance of last week even more frustrating. When they are on it there isn't a team in the league that are better than them, but they really need to learn how to win ugly if they are to achieve what they want to.

Outstanding half from Liverpool, which makes the performance of last week even more frustrating. When they are on it there isn't a team in the league that are better than them, but they really need to learn how to win ugly if they are to achieve what they want to.

The fat lady is only clearing her throat Beechyla.

The fat lady is only clearing her throat Beechyla.

Arsenal were much better in the 2nd half as expected, but Liverpool were very much worthy of the three points and the 3rd goal was just beautiful, started by Lallana who had a fantastic game.

Arsenal are like Liverpool in that Wenger doesn't have a plan B when things aren't going well, and they don't have enough people in the side who are prepared to roll up their sleeves just as we don't.

Huge few games coming up for Liverpool that will make or break their chase for a top 4 spot. Burnley won't be a pushover and Liverpool have struggled in games they're really expected to win this season, and then Man City away before the Merseyside derby. Should be good to watch whatever happens.

So Wenger decides to leave the Leagues leading scorer on the bench. Say no more. Well played Beechy lad, got nowt else say. lol

I can only think he did it to annoy Sanchez who seems to want out if Wenger remains. Sanchez not starting was obviously pretty shocking from a Gunners point of view, but I was licking my lips as soon as I saw your midfield pairing of Coquelin and Xhaka as I knew there was no way they were going to be able to cope with the running power of the likes of Lallana and Wijnaldum.

Coutinho is a brilliant player (though not back to his best yet) but Mane has quickly become Liverpool's can't be without player. He was tremendous yesterday and a threat every time he was on the ball, but even when he's not playing that well he occupies defenders which then gives more space to others.

A good well-competed game that Liverpool deserved to win, though Arsenal should not be written off for a top 4 challenge either.

Where is For Us All with his 'Liverpool will fade' rubbish? :razz:

One swallow doesn't make a summer.

Besides,they've got Burnley and another spring break coming up shortly.😁

I can only think he did it to annoy Sanchez who seems to want out if Wenger remains. Sanchez not starting was obviously pretty shocking from a Gunners point of view, but I was licking my lips as soon as I saw your midfield pairing of Coquelin and Xhaka as I knew there was no way they were going to be able to cope with the running power of the likes of Lallana and Wijnaldum.

Coutinho is a brilliant player (though not back to his best yet) but Mane has quickly become Liverpool's can't be without player. He was tremendous yesterday and a threat every time he was on the ball, but even when he's not playing that well he occupies defenders which then gives more space to others.

Vardy showed how to keep Mane quiet on Monday night.

Liverpool and Arsenal wont win the League anytime soon. Wenger will surely be at another club next season and players like Iwobi, Coquelin, Elneny,Ox, Ramsey wont be involved no more as theyre simply not good enough for Arsenal imho.

Liverpools best starting 11 on their day will beat anyone, but thats the problem, they dont show up enough. And once they get injuries theyre screwed basically. And Liverpools bench yesturday is one of the weakest ive seen in a long long time.

Man utd without Ibra would be nowhere near where theyd be now as i cant see who else would score the goals for them.

Chelsea will obviously win the league followed by Man City, Spurs then the 4th spot is between Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Utd, though i do think Arsenal will miss out on 4th place this season and there will be no St Totteringham's day this year for Arsenal.

Ive got a feeling that Tottenham r going win the league in next few years ,they r a truly fantastic side to watch .

Man City have won but im still not convinced by them ,Sunderland had 4 set pieces and the lad Jones got his head on them at least 3 times so Sunderland without playing well have and maybe should have scored this afternoon .

No doubting both Man City goals were well taken but against teams who have more oooomph they could lose i feel .

Didnt see the Lpool game as was watching Huddersfield v Newcastle but Lpool doing what they do well raising themselves for the big games yet against the so called lesser sides they r abject ,very cocky and lose more often than not because they like Man City cannot defend set pieces ,quality balls in the box.

The other games bar the stoke game as that was the last game on match of the day i watched Southampton beat Watford no surprise there they r miles better than them,CrystalPalace winning at West Brom and deservedly so i was shocked at how good they played just shows how winning a game can change everything ( take note Vale players ).

Swansea Llorente superb player and Olsson what a transformation in a player scores great goals and they r staying up no doubt about it i feel.

Leicester well two 3-1 wins in a week ,looks like all the criticism of the players has brought them together they will finish above Stoke now they r better than them .

Hull Middlesboro look like the deadmen to me ,Stoke r there for the taking and Mboro play not to lose than play to win ,attack Stoke u beat them its as simple as that ,gave Stoke the game by the sounds of it .

All in all a good weekends football .

Liverpool struggling against some of the lesser sides has absolutely nothing to do with attitude. They haven't yet figured out how to play against sides that stick 10 or even 11 men behind the ball if they don't score first, and quickly get frustrated at Anfield. The likes of Spurs and Arsenal recently came and tried to play their own game which is what you would expect from top sides that think they are simply better than you are, and both teams were dispatched. Because of this reason it wouldn't surprise me if Liverpool struggle more against Burnley at home this weekend than they do the following fixture away to Man City, not one little bit.

Archived