onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Got a manager and plenty of players now

werstayinup

I just can't understand why the reports of appointing an experienced English coach to help the manager with recruitment would be followed by the signing of 13 continental players? It doesn't make any sense to me but with Norman, who knows!!

They need an English coach to bring them from the airport.

Advert

Wasn't it Charlie Williams who was doing a gig somewhere in Yorkshire, got told something similar so he asked what time the next bus to Barnsley was?

Off Topic Memory Lane: Of all the games I saw as a boy one, against Doncaster, stands out notably because it was the first time I took particular notice of a black football player. Ah! Charlie Williams. I remember asking my dad what country the black player came from. My dad's response was 'England son.' :yes:

Looks like we're in for a fascinating few weeks but whether or not it's a spectacular success or goes base over apex is anyone's guess.

Continental players are cheaper than British ones but it's very much a lottery with them as many can't cut the physical nature of the English game, let alone the weather. We've had a few very good 'uns in the past - like Jansson and Van Der Laan - but they were more northern Europeans and not from the Med. It remains to be seen what transpires but signing players from the Continent is a risky business - especially when it's pouring down with rain in mid-November.

If we are thinking of Portuguese players I don't think there's a great many of them who have cut it, especially in the lower leagues.

What are we now? 18th. So only 3 days to go, is it, before all is revealed? Interesting times. Off hand I can't recall such a feeling of anticipation and expectancy at the Club - and that has to be a good thing.

Some of our fans are stuck in the dark ages they really are!!!

John, you need to stop attacking Vale fans with a different opinion than that of yours.

They are concerned. And rightly so.

You know me and how much i love the club but im very concerned.

The new manager will get my support but this is a gamble by a man who by his own admission knows very little about football.

You seem to think that anyone with a slightly negative tilt wants the club to go bust and you are alienating yourself from other supporters.

The facebook episode the other night and the way you and other vale fans were talking to one another was appaling.

We dont all want the club to go bust mate but at the same time some of us, including me, are extremely worried at having a manager in place with a record worse than that of Sinnotts, Glovers and Gannons put together.

Then there is the huge ovehaul.

And whilst you are obviously so tunnel visioned by the future and believe the sun shines out of the chairmans arse, you would do well to respect those who are slightly more concerned having had a more level headed, non bias look at things.

Archived