onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Got a manager and plenty of players now

werstayinup

Is no one else concerned that Ribeiro has failed in every job he's had, and talked about his Mourinho links at Ludogorets where he was sacked after 7 games?

Apart from a spell at 3 clubs in the lower Portuguese leagues, he's managed Vitoria Setubal twice and Ludogorets, with win percentages of 26%, 18% and 29%.

I was excited when I heard that we were getting Mourinho's mate as I assumed it was one of his coaches who had worked with him at top clubs. After reading up on Ribeiro it appears we're getting a highly unsuccessful manager who's gotten jobs off the back of his friendship with Mourinho, and will go to a club with 9 players under contract, making 13 offers to 'continental players' (because they always flourish in the lower leagues), and a head of recruitment to sign players for him because Ribeiro has no clue what goes on below the Premiership.

This is probably the biggest gamble Smurf will ever take. He claims he's not a betting man, but I don't like the risk he's taking with our football club, seemingly because he was bored.

Yes very concerned. If I owned the football club and saw that record I wouldn't employ him.

I want to know WHY we have chosen him.

Smurthwaite is not a football man therefore I think that may be a lot to do with why he's been blinded by these so-called links.

Advert

Yes very concerned. If I owned the football club and saw that record I wouldn't employ him.

I want to know WHY we have chosen him.

Smurthwaite is not a football man therefore I think that may be a lot to do with why he's been blinded by these so-called links.

Me too, but some posters on here say they're not bothered about his previous record, give the bloke a chance they say etc etc. But this will be his 8th club in 5 years, and im sure if posters had heard of him and he was English, then these people would be in uproar about Smurf appointing him just because of his shocking managerial record. But just because he says hes muckas with Mourinho is enough for certain gullible posters on OVF.

Me too, but some posters on here say they're not bothered about his previous record, give the bloke a chance they say etc etc. But this will be his 8th club in 5 years, and im sure if posters had heard of him and he was English, then these people would be in uproar about Smurf appointing him just because of his shocking managerial record. But just because he says hes muckas with Mourinho is enough for certain gullible posters on OVF.

I'm fairly certain the chairman said he was verifying what Mourinho was prepared to offer so he's done his homework.

I'm fairly certain the chairman is a lot more clued in than any of us.

It's a risk and I doubt there will be any in between, it's either going to be shocking or flipping awesome!

I'm fairly certain the chairman said he was verifying what Mourinho was prepared to offer so he's done his homework.

It's a risk and I doubt there will be any in between, it's either going to be shocking or flipping awesome!

I would prefer a more measured approach to the future of my football club flipping a coin and hoping it comes down flipping awesome is not the way to build a stable future.

Problem is REP, why so many jobs for Bruno? Has he been sacked from every job? Or has he walked? Or Is it neither? Like i said, if he was an English manager and was Manager in England, and had 8 jobs in 5 years, no fans would want him, would they?

Problem is REP, why so many jobs for Bruno? Has he been sacked from every job? Or has he walked? Or Is it neither? Like i said, if he was an English manager and was Manager in England, and had 8 jobs in 5 years, no fans would want him, would they?

None of us know why he left some of his jobs. Whereas, an English manager we would all know or be able to guess why they had left a certain job.

It's worrying but it is happening, so there is nothing more to be said really.

I would prefer a more measured approach to the future of my football club flipping a coin and hoping it comes down flipping awesome is not the way to build a stable future.

Taking 5 weeks, speaking multiple times to a person many regard as one of the greatest football managers around, interviewing multiple candidates.

Sounds pretty measured to me.

The main concern for me is that we are looking to bring in a new regime and a raft of new players with so little time to gel. That simply is a massive massive gamble. I hope it works out - and I really do mean that.

The whole set up is a gamble. Think what you want of the players that have left us over the last month, but they are all experienced players in English football. Bring in continental players in their place and they have to get used to our game, and in particular the rigours of a physical league one playing twice a week, that won't happen over night. At the other end of the spectrum you only have to look at the amount of foreigners Spurs spent their Gareth Bale money on and that they struggled to gel and integrate so many in to their team, that ended with most leaving and the manager getting sacked.

I echo some of the previous posts about us losing our identity with a team of foreigners, thats not to be racist or whatever in any way. I hope the lads we've got who've come through the ranks from Lloyd, Boot, Smith, all the way back down to the 3 lads signed this year (Gibbons, Turner & Pickering) are given a fair chance and we don't end up getting blinded by the lure of lads coming in from abroad or on loan from Man U for instance. Lets not lose our identity with a foreign coach bringing in solely his own lads from abroad. Because I really feel Smurfs head could be turned and we go down a road thats unprecedented for us. We need a good British core too.

We need some stability and I hope that the new managers is going to buck his past trend and stick around here (if things work out). This is new territory for Vale. I hope it works out and we're not left with egg on our faces.

None of us know why he left some of his jobs. Whereas, an English manager we would all know or be able to guess why they had left a certain job.

It's worrying but it is happening, so there is nothing more to be said really.

I mean I'm guessing he's left some of his jobs because his managerial record is woeful.

I mean I'm guessing he's left some of his jobs because his managerial record is woeful.

Yes, well done.

What about the ones where he wasn't there long? It could be that he is a dick and falls out with everyone, it could be there was a takeover and they wanted their own manager, it could be anything.

Moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan moan...

Always said I could never follow a club full of mercenary foreign footballers thinking it would never be us. I know we are all mercenaries in life but no thanks..not as a Sport..I stopped watching Premier years ago as its foreign owned PLC v foreign owned PLC played out by foreign players...where is the connection between fans and club?Pope was loved as he was a local boy doing what we all wanted...I appreciate we wont have a squad of locals but as Micky Adams said..we were a proper club...

I wont watch a team of foreigners no matter if they are successful or not..

35 years of watching Vale about to go..sad

If thats your excuse for not watching our beloved club then you will not be missed.

Archived