onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

Advert

I think it is a good idea to keep Michael Brown involved with the club. He has played to a very good age and played at a high level. Shows commitment to the game and a club like Port Vale is a good place to start to stay managing and coaching in the game. Paul Bodin may be a good appointment depending on whether he wants the job, wants to be on the coaching staff only but has given an indication of leaving?

I am concerned that Page may have seen the financial situation heading for too bigger challenge and has jumped ship. But under fair play I can't see Northampton with a better budget and they won't have a better squad. I have bought two season tickets, so I don't want to see a crash and burn season.

So, lets assume we are viable financially if but tight, assume Paul Bodin doesn't want the job and Michael Brown isn't ready for it ..... then in Micky Adams I trust!

I think it is a good idea to keep Michael Brown involved with the club. He has played to a very good age and played at a high level. Shows commitment to the game and a club like Port Vale is a good place to start to stay managing and coaching in the game. Paul Bodin may be a good appointment depending on whether he wants the job, wants to be on the coaching staff only or has given an indication of leaving.

I am concerned that Page may have seen the financial situation heading for too bigger challenge and has jumped ship. But under fair play I can't see Northampton with a better budget and they won't have a better squad. I have bought two season tickets, so I don't want to see a crash and burn season.

So, lets assume we are viable financially if but tight, assume Paul Bodin doesn't want the job and Michael Brown isn't ready for it ..... then in Micky Adams I trust!

Micky has stated that he does not want to return.

It seems an odd move to announce that Michael Brown has been promoted to the managerial staff.

It's often the case that a new manager will want his own choice of 2nd in command. If that isn't Brown then it could be one of the shortest managerial roles in the clubs history.

Or maybe Smurf already has a new manager lined up who is happy to work with Brown as his no 2.(Bodin)

Or maybe Brown will himself be the new manager.

For sure the only person who should be making some sort of statement is the one who hasn't.

Come on Norman, is there a plan? Or are you still exploring options.

It's good to talk - sometimes

Poor old Smurf, he can't win can he. This has come right out of the blue, so I think it's a bit much for him to have an immediate solution and be able to talk about. He'd be lambasted if he made a knee jerk reaction appointment, wouldn't he.

So, good on him for keeping his counsel. He knows time is pressing, but he's getting on with it.

So if Brown is having a hand in player recruitment(that bit worries me a little) and in the new manager does that mean he has signed his new deal.

Also who has he been involved with in the past that could give a clue to who he could choose as a manager....has he played alongside Rosler at ManCity? he is the only one i can think of

I'm not too upset with Page being gone. He did a decent job last season under the circumstances, but I always thought that we'd be stuck in limbo with him in charge.

Steve Cotterill would be my choice, unless someone wins loads on the lottery, and we could tempt Pearson. Nigel Adkins would be good too, but Brown will probably get it.

Never a dull moment at Vale , is there? Anyway, good luck to Rob Page , a nice man. Maybe too nice. We'll survive this , as we always do.

Winning the lottery would not tempt Pearson, we could go for an Italian though, Smurf could pop into King Power for advice.

People mentioning the likes of Warnock really do need to give their heads a wobble. What planet are you on? Absolutely no chance of anybody of that kind of calibre linking up with the Vale in their current situation.

It's a difficult job for somebody that's for sure, because with the budget and the no manager situation we must be pretty much nailed on for relegation next season. Who wants a dogfight on their CV? Adkins... Cotteril... Powell... I don't think so.

Take your pick from Brown, Bodin, Aspin, McDonald, Ainsworth or Coleman at a push. Cheap options who could see Vale as a step up from their current positions.

I'd love to be proved wrong but can't see past the names above.

If it is an internal appointment, make it quickly and fund the budget well, and PUSH those season tickets.

Micky Adams - as one of his admirers, I still have to say please, no - it will not work though if he did come I would support him wholeheartedly because that is what we all should do. Regardless of how it turned out with Jum Gannon, there was one notable mouthpiece on here who started slating him massively the very day he was announced a s new manager.

Nigel Adkins, Paul Ince, etc - Unlikely anyway, but definitely not the right club for a 'bjggish name' that will expect a big budget.

Other outside appointment - Neil Warnock would be fantastic but very unlikely, would quite like Sean O'Driscoll and if only we had the money and ambition to get Nigel Pearson but that is totally unrealistic unless the compo was beyond belief. Imagine the buzz that would bring- but no chance really.

If it is an outside appointment it is crucial that he brings his own team,(assistant, Harbin-like person etc) as this is what made sure that Jim Gannon failed from Day 1- although he was difficult and made bad decisions anyway, he may have just done a lot better if a number of backroom staff and players with alcohol and other problems had not been undermining him from the start.

Eh? Not sure who's been on the pop, now!

Poor old Smurf, he can't win can he. This has come right out of the blue, so I think it's a bit much for him to have an immediate solution and be able to talk about. He'd be lambasted if he made a knee jerk reaction appointment, wouldn't he.

So, good on him for keeping his counsel. He knows time is pressing, but he's getting on with it.

Hardly out of the blue, Page was linked to Cardiff and maybe others, also budget cuts tend to make people look around for alternative employment chances. I think Brown is bolted on.

Ainsworth and Adkins are both good shouts. However, smurf will go for the cheapest option and that will be Brown. No experience and will be very cheap.

Ainsworth is committed to living in his area. Adkins is a Championship Manager with hopes of going higher? Could Martin Foyle emerge again?

Archived