onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who will be the Vales new manager?

PV1973

Advert

Port Vale, managerless and up for sale, a budget cut for the second year running, and an owner who has constantly criticised the supporters are looking for a new manager/coach who is willing to work for a low wage.

Are recent events likely to sell many season tickets? I.M.O.-No.

Smurf needs to sell up quickly or pull his socks up quickly, for the outlook at present looks very bleak.

What is the fascination with ex-players or managers??? And what has Brown done to suggest he is the answer??? Some of the suggestions on here are truly absurd. I mean, Chris Powell for goodness sake??

I think this a tricky decision given what's available and I don't trust Smurthwaite to get it right. Of all those listed, and I don't think there are many 'established' managers amongst them who appeal, it would have to be Rosler for me.

Other than that, maybe look at a journeyman player who has done a bit of coaching, is tactically astute, understands the lower leagues, is a good motivator, commands respect and can spot a player, like a Sean Dyche type. Whether Brown fits this bill I couldn't say....

Brown's odds have shortened even more tonight and he is now odds-on favourite with both BetVictor (4/5) and SkyBet (4/6).

Meanwhile a few of those mentioned as possibles on here are favourites with the bookies for other vacancies :-

Adkins - 2/1 for Charlton job

Martin Allen - 1/2 for Notts County

Gary Bowyer - 6/4 for Rotherham

Chris Morgan is an absolute animal and I'd be embarrassed to have him in any capacity at Vale. A complete and utter arrsehole who's got no place in football full-stop.

He's a disgrace for a footballer, and has left many a player badly hurt, and some with career ending injuries. Nasty man, with a terrible attitude to the game.

"Adkins would be good but we can't afford him cheap option I think we are looking at sadly"

People were saying the same thing when Rudge was appointed.

Since he was promoted from coach, I seriously doubt they said that

Page has stated many times he has ambition to go as far as he can in management and i honestly believe given the budget cut and things probably only going to get worse I think he thinks he last seasons top half finish is as far as Vale can possibly go so he's decided go before he goes backwards. Cobblers may not seem a step up but after a promotion season and ground improvements he has a chance to go forward, i reckon he applied for the Sheff Utd, Cardiff and no doubt would have done the Rotherham job too. Bad times to come at Vale not so much cus we're gonna miss his managerial skills but I genuinely believe he left because he knows what's heading our way, love Smurf have one of his mood swings in our favour again but can't see it.

Page has stated many times he has ambition to go as far as he can in management and i honestly believe given the budget cut and things probably only going to get worse I think he thinks he last seasons top half finish is as far as Vale can possibly go so he's decided go before he goes backwards. Cobblers may not seem a step up but after a promotion season and ground improvements he has a chance to go forward, i reckon he applied for the Sheff Utd, Cardiff and no doubt would have done the Rotherham job too. Bad times to come at Vale not so much cus we're gonna miss his managerial skills but I genuinely believe he left because he knows what's heading our way, love Smurf have one of his mood swings in our favour again but can't see it.

Marc Richards left because he knew what was coming.

David Artell the same.

We won promotion.

Pope left to further his career.

Finished below us.

Where is Jennison Myrie Williams now?

And so on. And so forth.

If football was played on paper we would all be experts.

Time to move on. Play high tempo football to get the fans off the seats and lets see where it takes us with a new manager.

Marc Richards left because he knew what was coming.

David Artell the same.

We won promotion.

Pope left to further his career.

Finished below us.

Where is Jennison Myrie Williams now?

And so on. And so forth.

If football was played on paper we would all be experts.

Time to move on. Play high tempo football to get the fans off the seats and lets see where it takes us with a new manager.

Let's hope so

I have no idea who it may be. I know I don't fancy us going back to Adams.

Whats concerning is that if we want a manager with experience at this level will Smurf be able to afford it? Or do we go with a younger inexperienced manager like Brown for instance?

Who gets appionted will send a clear message on the clubs ambitions or lack of it and I for one will be holding back on season ticket purchase on the strength of it

Archived